The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :Black probably would look quite good, but you'll need to make sure it has highlights, and isn't just a black lump on the back. Reflections and highlights all help make stuff look real.

I don't know how to make it have headlights. I did do this in Blender.
Highlights, not headlights. You know, shiny bits on the edges that make something look 3d rather than a solid lump of black.
On Render 03 where you show the rear of the car, you still have the shadow of the rear spoiler on the skin. Remove that shadow from the skin. It looks like you put a FZR skin on FZ5 car
Quote from antere07 :ye i also realised that after i hade took the pic lol its because the skin is ment 2 be for thefzr and then i realised i put it on the wrong car

I see you got a C6 ZO6 from www.aironeracing.com. I not saying your work is screwed up on that FXR, but umm, well next time you could at least make the tire black. otherwise, great renders. are you a beginner? because it say your 1ST one, 2ND one, and 3RD one.
Quote from antere07 :what do you think of my
1st one
http://i110.photobucket.com/al ... /antere07/1strender-1.jpg
2nd one
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/antere07/render2.jpg
3rd one
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/antere07/render3.jpg
on the last 1 i realise the second car isnt on the floor but i didnt realise till i uploaded it

http://i110.photobucket.com/al ... re07/render4withwheel.jpg
this 1 i just wanted 2 know what it would look like with a diffrent wheel

and anyone who is going to download this read through the forum and you will learn
then from there on just use this as refrence i got it last nite and checked here how 2
add 2 cars but now thought trial and error i learnt how 2 change light add cameras ect
so yee do something if it doesnt work ctrl+z=undo
ide say only ask the question if you have looked through the thread and there isnt any other people asking it

thank you for the undo tip that would be really helpful for my renders.
Quote from tristancliffe :Highlights, not headlights. You know, shiny bits on the edges that make something look 3d rather than a solid lump of black.

oh. I could just put some reflectiveness in it next time. that would make it real cool.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :I see you got a C6 ZO6 from www.aironeracing.com. I not saying your work is screwed up on that FXR, but umm, well next time you could at least make the tire black. otherwise, great renders. are you a beginner? because it say your 1ST one, 2ND one, and 3RD one.

Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :thank you for the undo tip that would be really helpful for my renders.

Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :oh. I could just put some reflectiveness in it next time. that would make it real cool.

Why triple post? We have multi-quote on this forum...
Quote from antere07 :ye i am a beginner i got it yesterday and i only done the front wheel to see what its like compared 2 the back 1 thats why i done it

yeah. great job for a beginner. I've only done 6 renders with blender, so you'll get the hang of it. practice makes perfect.

P.S. im putting my own quotes at the bottom of my messages from now on.

Quote: when life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye with them.
Quote from jonaz lindberg :Why triple post? We have multi-quote on this forum...

i know. i like typing and talking.

Quote: when life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye with them.
Oh my god -_-
does any1 know where i can find the blender file for the z patch cars? [the interior of the old patch is anoying]
New skins made with V2 kit.

I have some trouble with 2 cars in a shot. For some reason it uses 1 skin. For instance when I want a render with a XFR and FXR blender uses only teh XFR skin. Even when I select the single user on skin.
Attached images
XRR-RSRv2 copy.jpg
FXR-RSRv2 copy.jpg
XFR-RSRv2 copy.jpg
probably you didn't create a new material for the second car?
The link to the 2.46 version you added to your first post is broken, may because the 2.47 is out.
Quote from niels1 :New skins made with V2 kit.
I have some trouble with 2 cars in a shot. For some reason it uses 1 skin. For instance when I want a render with a XFR and FXR blender uses only teh XFR skin. Even when I select the single user on skin.

These are very nicely lit blender renders. Not too over exposed or under lit. I have seen too many under lit renders lately and these are very good.
Quote from samyip :These are very nicely lit blender renders. Not too over exposed or under lit. I have seen too many under lit renders lately and these are very good.

Takin` to me? xD
Sorry I didn't mean you. Just in general (Not just Blender)
It is my taste.
Is there any way to replace ground with water?
Quote from samyip :Sorry I didn't mean you. Just in general (Not just Blender)
It is my taste.

I know.. I was joking :P But anyway I think I should learn myself to put proper lightning to a scene instead of having it all dark to cover up my modelling errors.
Quote from Shadowww :Is there any way to replace ground with water?

yes, there is, don't remember where exactly, but i was searching for a 3d house and found a water model so just try searching in google, maybe
Quote from niels1 :New skins made with V2 kit.

Nice renders mate, the V2 kit works well. Like JJ72 said you have to create a new material for a second car because all the cars in the kit share the same material. The "add new" command duplicates the selected material, then assign another texture.

Quote from samyip :These are very nicely lit blender renders. Not too over exposed or under lit. I have seen too many under lit renders lately and these are very good.

It seems I worked the kit well
help i have no textures
how do i get textures to show up because it is all gray
thx
weird problem... check if "combined" and "z" buttons only are activated in the render layers tab of the render menu.
otherwise the textures files are lost..
Jup Super kit Bogey, although i do need a new proc I guess. These renders took about 2 to 6 hours. A bit depending on wich camera view I use.

Here is the latest render took about 4,5 hours.

Attached images
FZR-RSRV2.jpg
help needed
hi i downloaded everything and loaded it up and i can see all the different cars, but where is the load button to load the skins please someone show a screenshot?

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG