The online racing simulator
fun for today, material test.
Attached images
materials.jpg
looks nice, but the gold isn't
Yet another
Attached images
FXO_1.png
My Gumball 3000 skin for TC's GB3K (be there be there be there! )
Attached images
XFR_1.png
Quote from JJ72 :fun for today, material test.

Gold indice of reflexion is not linear. Reflexion color should be yellow (not white) and diffuse color a little bit orange.
An example made with the Indigo's gold nk data:

Is it just me or are the instructional pictures in the original post not opening full size and are stuck on small thumb nail images? I am trying to do the tutorial but the images are tiny, up to the gifting bit atm so it does not stick
Click on them to see them at full size.
The XRR is a little messed up on the AA. It's the only one that looks rough
Attached images
XRR_2.png
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Click on them to see them at full size.

I tried that but it opens in a new window and are still extremly small. Ill try it a different browser instead.
Quote from lil chris :I tried that but it opens in a new window and are still extremly small. Ill try it a different browser instead.

When you're looking at the image, delete the .th before the .jpg

It's starts like "blahblahblah.th.jpg" then it's like "blahblahblah.jpg"
great tutorial, great pictures... but i can often see the cars are addet.....

so my question is (sry when its asked 1000 times before): how can i edit the car??

for example this:

btw. my attempt
Quote from Nick. :When you're looking at the image, delete the .th before the .jpg

It's starts like "blahblahblah.th.jpg" then it's like "blahblahblah.jpg"

Yea that worked thanks, it also worked fine in Explorer. Must be a firefox thing
still got noisees that I can't get rid of.
Attached images
side2.jpg
Quote from John5200 :great tutorial, great pictures... but i can often see the cars are addet.....

so my question is (sry when its asked 1000 times before): how can i edit the car??

for example this:

btw. my attempt

You select the car body and press the "TAB" button, which brings you too the edit tool. Now just play around
Quote from Gustix :Hey i got question

Is here is some new Blender users who wants nice looking studio setup scenes instead those simple cars in midle of nowhere?

something like this

or this

Sure do, I do like the other render with rims and different lighting. Background is cool too. Might wanna share it ??
I really like those rims
Quote from JJ72 :still got noisees that I can't get rid of.

Could it be the sampling setting of that particular material? Because the noise is not on the whole picture, it seems like only on the floor reflective material. I don't use Blender, so I don't know how it works. But this is what will I get sometimes if the sampling level in Mental Ray's blur reflection material is low.
Quote from T.J. :You select the car body and press the "TAB" button, which brings you too the edit tool. Now just play around

thx, it works =)
getting closer.
Attached images
yeah.jpg
Yeah it looks very good, like an Indigo render.
The headlight's chrome and polycarbonate materials, and antialiasing need minor tweaks then it will be perfect.
Rendertime?
not long, something under half an hour, cause the scene is pretty simple.

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG