The online racing simulator
that looks quite nice, I've done the RX7 as well.

the only "errors" note mentioning is maybe the bumper of the RX7, the model has a split near the side and it breaks up the reflection, it's just one line of overlaying vertices and you can merge them. minor problemwise I usually don't use specular for the black intake covers, because it looks a bit odd, and maybe the grill of the veyron can be given a bit more shine.

mine have some problems with the badging as well, can't seem to fix it.
Attached images
gloss.jpg
I hate the badging on the cars, it's always messed up :@ but your rx7 look's a lot better than mine. What do you do to make that kind of quality renders? Do you mess with the settings or do u use a different renderer?
it's the same. I think the main difference is I have a simple studio setup, and I've learnt from a online tutorial in making realistic car paint. I couldn't get yafray to work yet, if I do it can still look a lot better.

the car paint tutorial you might find it useful too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBW3raX4B4o

besides what's in the tutorial, I experiment a lot with minor stuff like fresnel effects, these things make some difference.

this is my basic setup, I build a tub and put 8 area lights around it, plus one on top.

I haven't got to building a garage scene like yours yet, cause setting up new lighting takes a lot of time
Attached images
scene.jpg
thanks for the tutorial
maybe you have some scenes, that you could share? tried searching on the net, but didn't find anything decent, tried making one myself, but i think it will take me forewer to make one.
edit: it's not a garage scene at all, I just made it to look like a garage.
http://imajr.com/scene-1192129
I didn`t understand a damn thing of how to put the badges on the NFS cars so I gave up..
you need three texture channels.

1.the badging texture, apply as your usual texture: UV, apply to colour (col)
2.the badging normal, apply also as UV, but select Nor instead of Col, it will make it a normal channel.
3.the badging alpha, apply as UV, and select alpha istead of Col.

then, in the material set shadow buffer off, specular highlight off, alpha to zero, and enable ray transparent, that should be it.
Why not just model the badge and apply simple shiny material? It doesn't need to be really high resolution since it's rather small object and that way you'll get good shadows and highlights on it without messing with bumpmaps or your original car geometry.
a lot of those who downloaded the NFS models does not know much about modelling.
and for those models the badges are on a seperate mesh, not directly on the car body, it's a 2 min job to get it applied. won't look as good as a real 3D one of course
I think you posted this in the wrong topic (or forum?)
I just want .blend files in this topic dedicated to Blender. Your unusable .max files with non-LFS content have nothing to do here.
of course
I have already made me one by myself but nice work
You can get good lighting setup rather quickly with just 3 lights. Mainlight for lighting the scene and creating shadows, fill light with very low intensity to lighten up those dark areas on opposite side of main light and finally one light coming from above to create some shiny highlights on top of the car.

Or you could create half-sphere and use HDRI map, then just use couple dim lights to create more shadow detail and adjust light balance.

Edit: Oops, not sure if Blender can do HDRI lighting...
Quote from Gustix :But u dont have brakes

Lol, no I don't have any brakes

Do you have any in 3d to share?
Quote from Gustix :No i dont have brakes too

But i want made my own ones

then i will share them

That would be great but I will maybe also try it
I was thinking the exact same thing:s
i have 3d brakes,for 3dsmax
your forgot to do the doorline.

it isn't supposed to be that thick and solid.
thanks for noticing
will make a Nissan GT-R today
EDIT: no I wont just found out, that ill be buisy today
need some help here guys, with yafray I can't assign a material so it does not cast a shadow (which in blender's internal engine you just disable "Shadbuf"), as you can see with the bonnet line here, beside the line itself there's a shadow of it underneath. any help would be appreciated!

p.s. May I add blender with yafray looks absolutely amazing?
Attached images
front.jpg
side.jpg
Wow nice body paint! add a gloss coat on it to make it more realistic.
About Yafray, I'm afraid that you might be the most experienced user here... Maybe it is not as flexible as Blender, and doesn't behavior in the same way to solve this problem.
yeah I think it's pretty complicated...especially with the "integration" you don't exactly know which part has an effect and what not.

well more googling then
Wow. I really like this Did it with my personal favorite XFG skin. Private.
Attached images
XFG_1.png

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG