The online racing simulator
I don`t know how to make less enviroment light :P
thanks for this tutorial! i managed to make this.....
Attached images
best one yet.jpg
Anyone know how to mask a texture in blender? I can`t find any tutorials =/ I got the mask and the texture, but I dont know how to apply them...
2 more
Attached images
ChrisForsbergXRT Neon.jpg
WekSoS FZ5 Neon.jpg
Fluo lights are popular

Quote from T.J. :I don`t know how to make less enviroment light :P

Lower the energy setting in the ambient occlusion menu.

Quote from T.J. :Anyone know how to mask a texture in blender? I can`t find any tutorials =/ I got the mask and the texture, but I dont know how to apply them...

It's quite hard to explain. It is possible to do it, I did it a couple of times.
The mask should have an alpha channel. If not there's a setting somewhere to make Blender guess a channel from the texture color.
Then activate the "alpha" button in the "map to" tab in the material menu.
You'll probably have to play with other settings to make the mask working on.
Just to save me goin through the whole thread How do i save the render? I right clicked and nothing appears to save it. Also, all im getting is a black ground, tried mirror and everything, also i know this has been asked a bunch of times but, where do i get the wheels from and how do i import them, still dont quite get that bit
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Just to save me goin through the whole thread How do i save the render? I right clicked and nothing appears to save it. Also, all im getting is a black ground, tried mirror and everything, also i know this has been asked a bunch of times but, where do i get the wheels from and how do i import them, still dont quite get that bit

F3
hi guys this is one of my first renders (EVER!!)
it was made with v1

then i loadet some nice rims but they are bigger then the whole car^^ how to fit the size?

btw i tried that mirror ground thingy but it doenst worked maybe someone can help me?

thanks

regards basti
thanks gustix tried it out here you go

but i think they are a bit too small aren´t they?

if you can answer me one more question you won´t see me anymore (for today^^)

how to spin objects the vertival way (for example that my tires are looking like they turn)?

thank you

basti
Quote from BastianB :thanks gustix tried it out here you go

but i think they are a bit too small aren´t they?

if you can answer me one more question you won´t see me anymore (for today^^)

how to spin objects the vertival way (for example that my tires are looking like they turn)?

thank you

basti

BIGGER !!! BIGGER !! xD

Edit: mark the wheel and press R and then Z and you can move the wheel
k thankx i´ll try it
Quote from T.J. :Anyone know how to mask a texture in blender? I can`t find any tutorials =/ I got the mask and the texture, but I dont know how to apply them...

the mask should be a greyscale pic right?
you create a new texture channel, then as with the skin, select "image" and load the mask.

and then go back to the materials window, there should be a roll of buttons saying col,nor,spec etc, default is "col", deselect it, and choose "alpha", this defines this texture as an alpha value.

then, set your alpha value to 0, and enable ray transparent.
Quote from JJ72 :the mask should be a greyscale pic right?
you create a new texture channel, then as with the skin, select "image" and load the mask.

and then go back to the materials window, there should be a roll of buttons saying col,nor,spec etc, default is "col", deselect it, and choose "alpha", this defines this texture as an alpha value.

then, set your alpha value to 0, and enable ray transparent.

This didnt work =/

Edit: Can you show me the settings for how to do it?
how can i color the rims, all i get is some lighted grey..
i know someone asked before, but i can´t find it anymore awwwww
I'm getting really good at this now.

Thanks for telling me how to remove the roof ian.

I made an open roofed rb4 and my best one is the fz5 spyder
first Render
Attached images
bf1_6.jpg
Don't know if this is the right thread to post this in but I thought it is about Blender so...

To the problem, i have imported some *.3ds file wheels from kraut-racing (these: http://kr-downloads.de/CMS/ind ... &gid=14&Itemid=29 ). Everything works nice with the import but when i want to rotate the wheel around its own axle it doesn't work to rotate around the median point, because it is about one meter away:O, what to do? Why is the medianpoint not in the middle of the object?

edit: pic attached
Attached images
problem.jpg
you can adjust the median point / gizmo place, somewhere on the object settings panel in 3ds max it called affect pivot point, use the helper(F1) to search where can you find it
The median point selection applies in edit mode only. You are in object mode in the screenshot, the whole object is highlighted in pink. So in the object mode, the manipulation tool's center is always the object center (the pink dot). Hopefully this object center can be moved anywhere you want:
  1. Enter the edit mode and select all the wheel vertices
  2. The median point should be located a the mid of the wheel, press shift+S and select "cursor to selection". The 3D cursor should appear at the median point of the wheel.
  3. Exit the edit mode and click on the "Center cursor" button on the mesh tab
  4. Now the object center should be at the median point and you can work on the wheel like you wanted to do.
Anyone know how to use a mask? I really need to know it..
-
(jonaz lindberg) DELETED by jonaz lindberg
Quote from Bogey Jammer :The median point selection applies in edit mode only. You are in object mode in the screenshot, the whole object is highlighted in pink. So in the object mode, the manipulation tool's center is always the object center (the pink dot). Hopefully this object center can be moved anywhere you want:
  1. Enter the edit mode and select all the wheel vertices
  2. The median point should be located a the mid of the wheel, press shift+S and select "cursor to selection". The 3D cursor should appear at the median point of the wheel.
  3. Exit the edit mode and click on the "Center cursor" button on the mesh tab
  4. Now the object center should be at the median point and you can work on the wheel like you wanted to do.

Thanks for the help
Quote from BastianB :how can i color the rims, all i get is some lighted grey..
i know someone asked before, but i can´t find it anymore awwwww

any help please?
yes :P but which one? col? or the other ones?

[edit] ok got it myselfe thanks gustix one more time :P

here´s another one, do i have to color the woman like i did with the rims aboth?

edit again

i deleted this little window to the right where you can see something like a preview of the render, how can i bring it back?

and yes..i´m a noob :P

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG