The online racing simulator
Quote from Riders Motion :Remember what happens when you hit a curve on that chicane? It won't in Patch Y...

Ah, right, cheers. Eric's made the kerbs realistic then.
I kinda wonder if this is a precursor to LFS becoming BMW Racing Simulator or something. Scawen's always come across as LFS being his project and he'll work on what he wants at his own pace and make a game from love, but perhaps the realities of his lofty goals are becoming more obvious (ie: it's an awful lot of work) and maybe he's going to sell out to BMW.

But having thought that out loud, would that be a bad thing? We'd have all the cars and tracks we currently have, Scawen could get a staff to direct to achieve his vision, work done would increase, we'd get a whole bunch of BMW's to drive, more tracks, and LFS would hit the market proper (ie: be published and available in shops to buy).

Maybe it's just the whisky talking, but I can't help thinking like this..
Wow Prob The Best X'mas Present I Would Get :d
Thanks Developers
Quote from STROBE :Holy crap. I've been on and off this forum all day, and somehow I missed this until now.

Looks great. The AI doesn't interest me, and the lack of GTR interiors is a disappointment, but the addition of a new single seater looks to be great. I'm more pleased to read/watch about Scawen getting some single seater experience, and judging by the Avon tyre bridge at Blackwood, some input from a tyre company too? Great stuff. I'll be interested to see how the clutch is modelled and how it will affect/penalise those of us without a clutch pedal. I was particularly concerned by the mention of having to lift on cars that don't engage the clutch to change gear. I always drive with throttle cut on - not because I'm lazy, but because a pair of plastic Logitech pedals is nowhere near as strong as a real life car pedal, and can probably do without being battered up and down on every single gear change.

Nice to see Eric involved too, pity he doesn't stop by the forum once in a while. Leo looks cute walking around and nearly sitting on the front wing.

Regarding the tracks, what exactly has changed at the Blackwood chicane? I saw the comparison pics on the previous page, but the perspectives are different and using some reference points, it looks as though precious little has changed at the chicane. Can anyone detail exactly what is different?

If you look, you can see that the concrete bariers on the left are farther away from the wall and that the grass section there seems a bit wider. The apex of the curve has been moved further to the right and it looks like it is a tighter radius. It is very subtle, but I think it will force you to lift some in the lower powered cars.

Jeff, you aught to be happy, you got your clutch wear!

I am more interested in the engine inertia comments. I wounder what that will get us? Maybe a cure for the engine bog down under braking problems?
Quote from ste_ :I kinda wonder if this is a precursor to LFS becoming BMW Racing Simulator or something. Scawen's always come across as LFS being his project and he'll work on what he wants at his own pace and make a game from love, but perhaps the realities of his lofty goals are becoming more obvious (ie: it's an awful lot of work) and maybe he's going to sell out to BMW.

But having thought that out loud, would that be a bad thing? We'd have all the cars and tracks we currently have, Scawen could get a staff to direct to achieve his vision, work done would increase, we'd get a whole bunch of BMW's to drive, more tracks, and LFS would hit the market proper (ie: be published and available in shops to buy).

Could be. Would be cool actually but let's just hope that if that ever happens that it doesnt screw it up. I'd love to see a BMW 320Si e90 in LFS xD
Quote from ste_ :I kinda wonder if this is a precursor to LFS becoming BMW Racing Simulator or something. Scawen's always come across as LFS being his project and he'll work on what he wants at his own pace and make a game from love, but perhaps the realities of his lofty goals are becoming more obvious (ie: it's an awful lot of work) and maybe he's going to sell out to BMW.

I wouldn't read too much into fact that it's BMW again. I think the F1 was more an Intel thing and this is more a V1 Championship/Fortec Motorsport thing.

BTW does anyone know more about the V1 Championship? Is it mainly about TV entertainment or is a a serious attempt at finding new ways to get people into professional racing? Are Fortec involved in the project or were they just payed to do Scawen's test day?

You arent the only one who thinks that way. I hope the next real car that is to be added to LFS wont be a BMW to be honest though(I dont like BMW's except the E30:tilt, and that is if there is someone who wants his car in LFS too...
Quote from evilpimp :Could be. Would be cool actually but let's just hope that if that ever happens that it doesnt screw it up. I'd love to see a BMW 320Si e90 in LFS xD

And i would love to race my e36 m3
Quote from Thunderhead :You arent the only one who thinks that way. I hope the next real car that is to be added to LFS wont be a BMW to be honest though(I dont like BMW's except the E30:tilt, and that is if there is someone who wants his car in LFS too...

yes i do..so? hihi
here:

3g_cfg_chro Chicane Route

ohter interesting things:
3g_dt_dawn_ Dawn
3g_dt_dusk_ Dusk
3g_dt_night Night

3a_cancaujo Cancelled automatic join

3h_cruise_w cruise
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :don't see anything new here:
3g_cfg_grpr Grand Prix
3g_cfg_gplo GP Long
3g_cfg_gptr GP Track
3g_cfg_ralx Rallycross
3g_cfg_carp Car Park
3g_cfg_auto Autocross
3g_cfg_skid Skid Pad
3g_cfg_drgs Drag Strip
3g_cfg_drg8 8 Lane Drag
3g_cfg_oval Oval
3g_cfg_cade Cadet
3g_cfg_club Club
3g_cfg_nati National
3g_cfg_inte International
3g_cfg_clas Classic
3g_cfg_spr1 Sprint 1
3g_cfg_spr2 Sprint 2
3g_cfg_cilo City Long
3g_cfg_toco Town Course
3g_cfg_gree Green
3g_cfg_gold Gold
3g_cfg_blac Black
3g_cfg_rlxg RallyX Green
3g_cfg_hist Historic
3g_cfg_grto Grand Touring
3g_cfg_nort North
3g_cfg_sout South
3g_cfg_east East
3g_cfg_west West
3g_cfg_reve REV

Glasses? Nao?
Quote :
maybe he's going to sell out to BMW.

I would, if my future involves a wife, child, mortgage, etc.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Wow!

I'm even more excited than Shotglass

this one calls for some proper excitement data
would you agree to using eva longoria as a reference to normalize the measurements ?
Nice

Maybe I could convince an actual Formel BMW driver I know to take a turn, just to hear his feedback

And I think the bumpier SO will be a hell of a ride

@Zachary Zoomy

That's new
So what is South, East and West?
Quote from ATHome :
@Zoomy

That's new

thats what I meant

will there be graphics added there? last time I checked it was a clear road to the bottom of the LFS World. EDIT: wrong. sort of.
about 2:30 in the video: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VgkRxOSlqXI

I presume someone has sent this to the SRT guys?
Quote from Hallen :So what is South, East and West?

Directions, not sure if they have compasses over in america
Quote from Hallen :So what is South, East and West?

Directions, we use compass to determine magnetic north pole which is pretty close up to north, then sun rises at east and sets to west, south is where palm trees are or if you are in South Africa south is where penguins reside.

Bah, I'm getting old and slow ;(
Quote from Hallen :Jeff, you aught to be happy, you got your clutch wear!

Indeed! :yipee:

I might just appear in the 24 hr MoE (if I can get up to T7R standards on the combo within a few weeks)

Just need engine heat now! :hide:

Quote :I am more interested in the engine inertia comments. I wounder what that will get us? Maybe a cure for the engine bog down under braking problems?

I wonder if the thought was initiated by that fishtailing under braking on his track day?

Quote from Shotglass :this one calls for some proper excitement data
would you agree to using eva longoria as a reference to normalize the measurements ?

After Googling that name with the image search, I would say we need a unit that causes less spontaneous increases in measurements.
Has engine damage been speculated already? Maybe there actually is overheating now with radiator leaks and all? :hyper:
Quote from JTbo :Has engine damage been speculated already? Maybe there actually is overheating now with radiator leaks and all? :hyper:

And a working temp gauge? I wonder if backfiring has been implemented into the sound system...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

I presume someone has sent this to the SRT guys?

Not that I have seen. You are the best writer who has asked this question, whip out a story dude

Quote from robt :Directions, not sure if they have compasses over in america

Uhg... next time I will quote the whole previous message so you have to scroll through all of it multiple times to see my one line question and you won't have the engery to post silly things anymore.

BTW, if you are using a system of South Azimuth then 0 ° (360° or 400° for you Gon people) is South, North is 180° (or 200°) and everything is backwards anyway, so my question is valid either way you look at it. (And no, I didn't need to look that up on Wiki)
Things i have notice whats been kept quite from the dev team
  • engine stalls
  • new car
  • updated blackwood
The rest we know about.
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG