The online racing simulator
I'm downloading the video now... I'm not to thrilled about another single seater, open wheeled car, but It's new and I'm sure it'll be awesome. Thanks for the new improvements and looking forward to the new patch.... Thanks DEVS
Quote from EESA :Good news

http://img152.imageshack.us/im ... yer200712022336087ef6.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/my ... yer200712022319463md1.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/im ... yer200712022318563ut9.jpg

I wouldn't get your hopes up tooo high about the first two pics. The one on the left as you go into that corner is more likely to be nothing more than a simple escape road type thing - since having a solid barrier isn't really a wise thing. And the second one, well perhaps that kerb was simply deemed to be a cause of crashes rather than a help to anybody. We'll see, I hope I'm wrong and there is a brand new 3 mile loop into the countryside
This is a nice Christmas-Present

New Formula car and most important: updated AI-drivers
Quote from sinbad :The one on the left as you go into that corner is more likely to be nothing more than a simple escape road type thing - since having a solid barrier isn't really a wise thing.

kyoto ring has also solid barriers for tracks oval & national, but GP track doesnt have them.
http://liveforspeed.sk/images/atc0708/atc8a.jpg
Quote from spiderbait90 :Am i the only person who thinks the new patch looks abit 'yellow'?

Im not sure if its just weather, but definately looks yellow to me.

Abit of yellow touch yes, but also I think some trees did looked nicer in that colour, they are bit too green perhaps currently?
Quote from Ondrejko :will be there new track in South City?

edit:
3g_cfg_clas Classic
3g_cfg_spr1 Sprint 1
3g_cfg_spr2 Sprint 2
3g_cfg_cilo City Long
3g_cfg_toco Town Course
3g_cfg_chro Chicane Route ... it seems like new South City track

So, where did you actually get that information then?
Do the Blackwood and South City updates mean the current hotlaps are gonna be wiped? Looks like you get slower lap times on BL1 since the chicane at S1's gonna be more like a hairpin. Also you must lift off gas to change gears, so I suppose most hotlaps are gonna be wiped?
suhweeeeeeet! thanks a bazillion, lfs devs! Looks like I'll have to get an S2 afterall
I think LFS just had a collective orgasm.
Looks good, I guess I'll have to get round to reinstalling Windows on my iMac after it decided to kill itself.

One can hope that this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship with BMW. I'd do anything for a 2002 Turbo in LFS.

Now the AI is finished are we going to see LFS dropping the "alpha" tag? LFS is more mature than many sims out there, and the "alpha" status can put a lot of people off. Personally I think LFS is ready.
Great video! This must be yet another sim racing first: a real racing team gives a developer of a sim a proper test in a proper racing car!

And I'm glad Scawen wasn't too shy to take the car by the horns. 100 laps including some crash damage, I was expecting a handful of rolling pace laps. This can only help make LFS even better in the future.
Wow!! Nice work as usual!!
I will like a Others cars. for exaple: BMW M3 or a Mitsubishi Evo...

So we will have this soon??
Holy crap. I've been on and off this forum all day, and somehow I missed this until now.

Looks great. The AI doesn't interest me, and the lack of GTR interiors is a disappointment, but the addition of a new single seater looks to be great. I'm more pleased to read/watch about Scawen getting some single seater experience, and judging by the Avon tyre bridge at Blackwood, some input from a tyre company too? Great stuff. I'll be interested to see how the clutch is modelled and how it will affect/penalise those of us without a clutch pedal. I was particularly concerned by the mention of having to lift on cars that don't engage the clutch to change gear. I always drive with throttle cut on - not because I'm lazy, but because a pair of plastic Logitech pedals is nowhere near as strong as a real life car pedal, and can probably do without being battered up and down on every single gear change.

Nice to see Eric involved too, pity he doesn't stop by the forum once in a while. Leo looks cute walking around and nearly sitting on the front wing.

Regarding the tracks, what exactly has changed at the Blackwood chicane? I saw the comparison pics on the previous page, but the perspectives are different and using some reference points, it looks as though precious little has changed at the chicane. Can anyone detail exactly what is different?
Wow!

I'm even more excited than Shotglass
Quote from STROBE :Holy crap. I've been on and off this forum all day, and somehow I missed this until now.

Looks great. The AI doesn't interest me, and the lack of GTR interiors is a disappointment, but the addition of a new single seater looks to be great. I'm more pleased to read/watch about Scawen getting some single seater experience, and judging by the Avon tyre bridge at Blackwood, some input from a tyre company too? Great stuff. I'll be interested to see how the clutch is modelled and how it will affect/penalise those of us without a clutch pedal. I was particularly concerned by the mention of having to lift on cars that don't engage the clutch to change gear. I always drive with throttle cut on - not because I'm lazy, but because a pair of plastic Logitech pedals is nowhere near as strong as a real life car pedal, and can probably do without being battered up and down on every single gear change.

Nice to see Eric involved too, pity he doesn't stop by the forum once in a while. Leo looks cute walking around and nearly sitting on the front wing.

Regarding the tracks, what exactly has changed at the Blackwood chicane? I saw the comparison pics on the previous page, but the perspectives are different and using some reference points, it looks as though precious little has changed at the chicane. Can anyone detail exactly what is different?

Remember what happens when you hit a curve on that chicane? It won't in Patch Y...
Because LFS is a racing simulator, not a trackday simulator.
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG