The online racing simulator
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :itsn't the FOX's (formula XR) engine like an XRT's without the turbo? 190hp?

The XRT's engine without a turbo is weaker than the XRG's engine. It has 100-ish bhp without turbo, if I recall correctly.
Looks like a great addition. I'll have to set up my wheel again, and play LFS!
Niko, your idea of a new combo is complete speculation, and more than likely complete bullshit.
Why?! I think it'll be better, seeing most of my favourite races are in the FOX, this just makes it more fun by slowing it up. Why do you think that it's a POS just because it's less powerful, seeing those cars are the most boring of them all.
Well, afaik, it has no diffuser, so it could be really fun trying not to spin at low speeds.

Power means nothing. The UF1 isnt fast, yet it produces some of the finest racing in this sim.
Quote from seinfeld :its a POS i checked the specs its only 140hp , so its more boring then the fox, nice work lfs a waste of good develoopment time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_BMW

Man, are you anything other than negative? .

So, it's 140bhp?, so what, power doesn't make for fun, you can have some very fun races in low powered cars, infact, low power can make for better races because they tend to be closer.

It's NOT a waste of time, simply because of everything else that surrounds the FB2 development will improve the physics of the whole sim, gearbox simulation in particular, I reckon if the FB2 hadn't been developed, then this gearbox improvement wouldn't have been seen yet.

So stop being such a bloody negative nelly (and you ozzies can us wingeing poms.......)
im just saying its a junior car, and really doesnt have a place in lfs, there is allready a underpowered open wheeler (fox) then a GP2/f3000 (F08) and then the F1, I would of preferd the caparo T1, or the one with the hyabusa engine (forget the name)

or time better spent on GFX which is the most lacking part of lfs now

im glad there are updates, but just not in the places I would of liked

there are some minor physics changes which I will welcome, and also some tyre phsX so will see if that improves the tyre wear, especially in the F1 car, the tyres are all wrong in that
I would have prefered a new tintop, or a LMP, but to say the FB2 is a waste of time is particularly short sighted.
I say instead of any of those cars, we just put in different derivitives of mini's.

Then you'll be appreciative of any little Formula car.

I dunno, the DP1 would have been nice too, but this car I'll have fun with, suggest it as UKCT internal league baiting ground, so then we can get a good grasp on it at the new South City "OMG LOOK AT ME, I CAN PUT RANDOM CHICANES ON STRAIGHTAWAYS TOO LIKE TILKE" track.
Anton, don't worry, weeks' is a common typo of months. You'll get the hang of it sometime.
Quote from okijuhans :Servers could add option to add AI-s.

No, I play online to race real people, I dont want to race Ai's, even if they would have gotten quite good & competitive..

South City got more bumpy? Great addition
okijuhans, you already can...

type /ai
Quote from seinfeld :its a POS i checked the specs its only 140hp , so its more boring then the fox, nice work lfs a waste of good develoopment time

So anything slower than the FOX is "boring"? It's not the speed, but the handling etc. that matters. So any new car is totally not a waste of development time.
so, one of the other open wheelers is gonna be removed?!
when do we get BMW z1 and m1 ?!

I'm no singleseaterfan, obviously, but : cool footage, cool other changes in LFS! looking forward 4 teh nu patch...

dang, ur son is grown

Bullshxt! Its also 35kg lighter than the fox (dunno if that will make any noticeable difference in lfs) but i bet it will be great fun to drive. btw the fox is everything but boring!
IMO the development time wasn´t wasted at all, we´re getting more real stuff so be happy to see the Dev´s making deals with the V1 team and (maybe) Avon to provide us an even better and more realistic game.
Can´t wait for the release
When people say improved collision detection, do you know this for sure, or is the comment based on what you have seen in the video?
Clearly you can see that the car only touches the wall a little, and therfor wouldn`t fly, even with the old system.
But if this is some Scawen has mentioned, then it`s greeeat ;D
Quote from danowat :So stop being such a bloody negative nelly (and you ozzies can us wingeing poms.......)

There's no way this fool is Australian unless he's fresh off the boat from Old Blighty.
Quote from The Very End :When people say improved collision detection, do you know this for sure, or is the comment based on what you have seen in the video?
Clearly you can see that the car only touches the wall a little, and therfor wouldn`t fly, even with the old system.
But if this is some Scawen has mentioned, then it`s greeeat ;D

There is no mention of it in the vid.
Ok, so improved collision detection is just something some members are beliving to be improved?
My guess is no, since it`s not mentioned in the movie, and I bet that Scawen would mention it since it`s a pretty big deal.
Quote from Hallen :So what is South, East and West?

Good point, we don't have such Aston configurations, but it seems they go with different names there. So those basically are Historic and National. But because the Chicane route is just added there, I'd say we are going to have a new layout, I do hope it's not the last possible combination of existing corners we have, ie. Classic chicane -> SO long.

Quote from deggis :
ps. If that "ideal race line" is not some AI debug mode thing... then I wonder why it's added. I thought LFS was supposed get rid of this "arcade stuff" instead of getting more of it.

Well, I think it's a byproduct of the AI improvement, probably to visualize the track for Leo. I'd say it will be server side option online, at least judging from "racing line display is not available".
Quote from ste_ :and maybe he's going to sell out to BMW.

I very much doubt it's a sign of a sell out, so far two separate companies have come forward asking for cars to be developed, and BMW Motorsport has given permission, that's all we've seen no contact with BMW itself.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I rekon it might actually be harder to drive than the FOX. This FB02 looks like it will bite you badly when you get it wrong.

It has a shorter wheelbase and given the lack of power it'll have less downforce and, hopefully, realistic tire compounds (ie. a lot harder than R1s).

If you want a Caparo T1 run an FO8 with some added ballast an understeery set and road tires, I can't see it being used at all when there's the option of a real single seater. A small single seater, prototype or another smaller GT car would see a lot more action than any of your suggestions.
Good to see Eric in a video too!! hardly hear a squeak from him usually!
lol Eric moves like a rapper (joke)

i can't wait to release of patch Y, new south city graphics, some blackwood improvements, new car and AI physics, but i'm just wondering how will i need to lower my details, now i get cca 40-50 FPS at SO when is no one around me (1024x768,2x AA,2x Trillinear AF), that new SO looks cool but with my low end PC it could be worse than now
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG