The online racing simulator
Quote from Fordman :The Momo is one of the best "Consumer wheels that us Joe Average can afford" on the market. I think, no I know you will enjoy it.

Hmm, dunno, I sex my MS wheel up. It's done me well. Only thing they annoys me is the damn pedals, no matter what I do, one always creaks after a few hours

Quote from ja9ae :PC is ordered

I love my macs though, but Apple don't exploit the graphics hardware very well I've found. Still, I'm a boffin, so I can never have too many computers!

Amen to that, which is why I have more PC's then my age, and why I got a Mac in the first place (just so I can say I have one), but if I run all my computers at once. I kill the power in my house :|
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Hmm, dunno, I sex my MS wheel up. It's done me well.

Maybe should of also added, "Can still currently buy from the shops also "
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Hmm, dunno, I sex my MS wheel up. It's done me well. Only thing they annoys me is the damn pedals, no matter what I do, one always creaks after a few hours

OT: I have the pedals as well and imho the squeek comes from the springs attached to the pedals. Exactly said the sound comes from the metal spring mounting inside the plastic pedal axle as the spring moves inside the mounting (sorry can't find any pic). Just put something in between the plastic and metal and it should be ok for some time at least... Best solution is to use those metal covers in diskettes, with little modifications of course :P.

But the wheel is bomb proof. i have dropped my own wheel from 2 metres (carrying in stairs above my head) and no damage, only thing is "once in week" double upshift when pressing the gear change button
Quote from Hyperactive :OT: I have the pedals as well and imho the squeek comes from the springs attached to the pedals. Exactly said the sound comes from the metal spring mounting inside the plastic pedal axle as the spring moves inside the mounting (sorry can't find any pic). Just put something in between the plastic and metal and it should be ok for some time at least... Best solution is to use those metal covers in diskettes, with little modifications of course :P.

But the wheel is bomb proof. i have dropped my own wheel from 2 metres (carrying in stairs above my head) and no damage, only thing is "once in week" double upshift when pressing the gear change button

Hmm, will try that metal things when I find some FDDs then, as so far I have tried everything I've been told so far, washing up liquid, some greese, I've cleaned it four times. But I think I scored some new pedals today, as someone I was talking to said he used to have a MS wheel, until he slammed it too hard turning and popled the bearings. So if he still has them they are mine
So I might see about turning them into a clutch

That double shift is annoying, and I get it on here. It's funny in games with replays though (such as CMR04), as it doesn't pick up the double shift, so I just watched a reply, and half way though where I had double shift it counted as one, and I was redline all the way, then my Engine cut so the car was "floating" around as there was no drive to the wheels, then I must have double shifted again, as the car then ended up in reverse for some odd reason, but the replay still showed forwards motion. Very funny to watch.
Hey guys and welcome to LFS You will love it here, I'm sure. I've been playing racing sims since I was old enough to use a computer (4 I think,) and Live for Speed is currently the only one I have installed, it's totally, completely and utterly addicting.
Have Fun!! :up:

P.S. About the wife/gf not liking LFS, don't count it out. My girlfriend loves LFS. I just ordered her a Logitech DFP for christmas so she'd stop stealing mine
Quote from 96 GTS :P.S. About the wife/gf not liking LFS, don't count it out. My girlfriend loves LFS. I just ordered her a Logitech DFP for christmas so she'd stop stealing mine

Where I can order a girlfriend who digs LFS?
Quote from deggis :Where I can order a girlfriend who digs LFS?

ebay!
I DEMAND more pics of her! :eek: :eek:
Attached images
Dvc00614.jpg
Quote from 96 GTS :P.S. About the wife/gf not liking LFS, don't count it out. My girlfriend loves LFS. I just ordered her a Logitech DFP for christmas so she'd stop stealing mine

You lucky bastard! I keep getting dragged away from the PC atm :o
Quote from steve :I DEMAND more pics of her! :eek: :eek:

I think the other one is cuter

:hide: *hides thread from gf*
Quote from 96 GTS :My girlfriend loves LFS.

hmmm so shes unattractive ? (j/k)
Quote from Shotglass :hmmm so shes unattractive ? (j/k)

Quote from Shotglass :hmmm so shes unattractive ? (j/k)

Hehe, anything but. I suppose I could post a pic, I guess.
Quote from 96 GTS :Hehe, anything but. I suppose I could post a pic, I guess.

Take a pic when she is playing LFS. Otherwise we don't believe you.

GTS' Girfriend: "He, what are you doing?"
GTS: "Er... nothing?"
GTS' Girlfriend: "But what are you doing with that camera?"
GTS: "Photographing you"
GTS' Girlfriend: "Why?"
GTS: "Because you're beautiful... and I want to show you off over the Internet!"
GTS' Girlfriend : *No need to continue, is it?*

i though you already had her as your av...... um i better stop right here right now before this gets out of hand
sounded like a good time was had by all, and if i didnt blow all my money on my bike, i prob would have popped along. tis nice to see the 'ordinary' public getting into lfs, and hopefully we can get more competative racers, as we can never have enough.

also, if you wanna get to know more of the community, may i suggest checking out one of the 'groups' of the community, be it a team, GURU or CRC, and many leagues allow you to get to know racers better.
have fun all you noobs, lol.

v4
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
indeed, and its about time i start getting some respect for it, lol.

i meant the ones who have lives and such, as opposed to us, who live eat and breath footba, i mean peps, i mean lfs, yea, lfs
-
I have a spare Momo wheel now (black one). My pedals died, and Munko (if you know him) had just upgraded to a DFP, so I bought his wheel and pedals. I don't need the wheel, and as far as I can tell it's 100% fine.

Let me know if you want it
Quote from steve :I DEMAND more pics of her! :eek: :eek:

Gah, I'd rather not. And to be honest, they are both a bit garish.

Quote from Shotglass :i though you already had her as your av...... um i better stop right here right now before this gets out of hand

Ouch. That's harsh.
-
No, the hacksawed one is still in daily use!

And the Momo uses an 7 pin D connector, so I guess you can't
Tristan you should phone up logitech and try get another set of pedals. Seemingly Logitech are quite good at giving out pedals
Quote from keiran :Tristan you should phone up logitech and try get another set of pedals. Seemingly Logitech are quite good at giving out pedals

yes they are! they offer some very good support, I had to email them my sn and they just sent an new set of pedals
I wonder is it really better business to give new set of pedals to everyone than make a wheel from more high-quality parts that will last longer.
-
Suggestion: give her the auto shifter (Shift G when ingame, easy to toggle on an off) and let her concentrate on the corners.

I've two Momos myself, have yet to have a race against someone with them though, a few of my mates have tried LFS with the wheel, enjoy it, but won't race against me. Which is understandable, I could imagine it being a bit one sided. I would drive a slower car but they struggle enough with the UF1.
-

MPH'05 Show and Live for Speed
(241 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG