The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :Once you've got all that you'll become obsessed with crazy display ideas like this one, so yeah, save your money!

Ooh, now that's cool. I'll be using a 96in hi-def projected screen to start off with coz that's all I've got - which will be terrible for realism, but it is cool for films

Unless I curve the screen around me with a funky lense or something lol.
I just love this LfS promotional work!

If there's any chance I can help I would like to hear.
Quote from wheeler :I just love this LfS promotional work!

If there's any chance I can help I would like to hear.

pixel a lfs logo
looked like a great show, they should come up to Scotland prefarably in the North East

Keiran
Attached images
clarkson.jpg
Quote from ja9ae :...I don't even own a PC yet to play it on

from your website, it looks like we converted you from mac as well

enjoy lfs!
Quote from ja9ae :Link (hopefully).

Nice photos. As for the cars... what's happening to cars these days. UGLY as hell. What happened to clean sexy loving lines. None of this fugly crap we get now.
More so for that strat... what the flux, why did it even... who in the right mind... ERGH!

Shame about the fact you use Mac. But that'll be changed (and I have a Mac, just don't like it ).

Nice to see LFS is winning the hearts of more people
Quote from ZeroDexter :very nice show! grats to all involved
as i'm from vienna, i just HAVE TO be there when you show it here... any ideas on where and when this might be? the donauzentrum (large shopping centre) might be a good place as they always have some kind of presentation or show running..

anyway, I would love to help in everyway I can if you plan to come to vienna - just drop me a PM or mail at zerodexter@chello.at :woohoo:

Don't you think, they'd come to Vienna Auto Show at the Messegelände next year?

@Fordie: When can we get any official statement whether you/cyberseat are coming?
Quote from bbman :Don't you think, they'd come to Vienna Auto Show at the Messegelände next year?

@Fordie: When can we get any official statement whether you/cyberseat are coming?

Well, they really want to do both Vienna and LA, but NOTHING is certain yet. It's quite a large cost to have a stand like that at a show, and they want to make it as cost effective as possible. As soon as I/we know, we'll let you know.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :what's happening to cars these days. UGLY as hell.

Totally agree to that
Quote from tristancliffe :Well, they really want to do both Vienna and LA, but NOTHING is certain yet. It's quite a large cost to have a stand like that at a show, and they want to make it as cost effective as possible. As soon as I/we know, we'll let you know.

Who asked you ROFL Aye, Yes me and Tris are the Cyberseat Team Now
Quote from bbman :Don't you think, they'd come to Vienna Auto Show at the Messegelände next year?

oh, there's an auto show in vienna? maybe i should go outside a little more often
A big to everyone involved!

It is just great to watch people who never got in touch with racing sims before being caught by LFS.....it is simply so adictive
Charlie, hmm that name rings a bell here. I think you got fastest time ( not 100% sure though )

Very nice to see you found us here online, and I hope to see you ontrack. Glad you enjoyed the experience and well thats what we was there for to show you there is a "real" game out there.

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the wonderful world of LFS.

Cya on the grey stuff at some time ( racer name Fordman ) and don't be afriad to ask for setups, help, advise etc etc.

All the best

Fordman
iirc the fastest time was a 1m48 something, so it's highly likely your time was the 'winner'. Maybe Fordie or JJ can remember?

If you came first or second (which I think you will have) then you'll get an email from Cyberseat in a day or two once they've collected their wits.

Glad to see a couple of new members here resulting from the show. I hope you enjoy the demo, and pluck up the courage to make a payment and gain access to faster cars and cleaner racing (the demo is a bit of a free for all at times).
Quote from tristancliffe :iirc the fastest time was a 1m48 something, so it's highly likely your time was the 'winner'. Maybe Fordie or JJ can remember?

If you came first or second (which I think you will have) then you'll get an email from Cyberseat in a day or two once they've collected their wits.

Glad to see a couple of new members here resulting from the show. I hope you enjoy the demo, and pluck up the courage to make a payment and gain access to faster cars and cleaner racing (the demo is a bit of a free for all at times).

Tris, a Job well done M8 :Handshake For some reason the name charlie sticks in my mind, tell you what, i have the offical results on my pc at work. 2 Mins I will dial in and find out.
Well here they are, and Charlie if this is you, then a Momo is on its way

01:48.74 Charlie Galloway
01:49.71 Mark Andrews
01:49.87 Steve Pearce
01:50.00 Jacques Breytenbach
01:52.07 Mark Milton
01:53.79 David Panton
01:53.82 John Field
01:54.13 Kevin Panton

This is the final 8 from the MPH Show. The top 2 get prizes. 1st gets a Momo and Pedals and 2nd gets a Logitech FF ( the new red one ) as 2nd prize, as sponsored by Cyberseat

Congrats to Charlie on winning the competition and Charlie, look forward to seeing you online on the S2 servers

Fordman
One in the Red T-shirt
Quote from Chazzi :Wow, a friendly forum AND quick replies -you are now in my bookmarks! The wife will probably give me more ballache for being on the 'net more than I currently am but what the hell!
I am a regular on another forum which is based on the car that I own. -There are afew decent members there too (some of whom enjoy taking their car on track) so I may mention LFS on there if you think suitable.

Offcourse it's suitable.... Welcome to LFS!
Quote from Chazzi :Wow, a friendly forum AND quick replies -you are now in my bookmarks! The wife will probably give me more ballache for being on the 'net more than I currently am but what the hell!
I am a regular on another forum which is based on the car that I own. -There are afew decent members there too (some of whom enjoy taking their car on track) so I may mention LFS on there if you think suitable.

Hmm, say good by to your wife and social life Charlie. We have all done the same throughout our time here, and well the family just get used to it. Now you have a Momo, u have an excuse to have a decent PC well thats the angle i would aim at LOL

As we said at the show, LFS is more than just a game, its the community behind it that makes it so addictive, and thus you have seen it first hand.

Unless of course she ends up liking LFS too! :uglyhamme
And she ends up better with it

Congrats on the win Chazzi, I should really have hide away my driving skills and get that MOMO for myself.....cos I don't have a wheel at home right now!! What a pain.
Quote from Chazzi :Looks like I will be torn between buying PC or parts for my car now!

i'll do both Charlie, works well

I have my pc hardware quite nice now, LFS runs like a charm, so now i'm spending my money on the car again
Quote from Chazzi :Cool, will it be any good for playing LFS? last time I had a 'wheel was for my old PS1 -was great fun with TOCA 2!

The Momo is one of the best "Consumer wheels that us Joe Average can afford" on the market. I think, no I know you will enjoy it.
Quote from Fordman :I think, no I know you will enjoy it.

at least until the pedals start to act up
Quote from Chazzi :Looks like I will be torn between buying PC or parts for my car now!

What is your system's specs? The great thing about LFS is that most people can play the game, even with 5 year old systems (maybe even older!). Well have fun, it is always nice to see new faces .
Quote from dUmAsS :from your website, it looks like we converted you from mac as well

enjoy lfs!

PC is ordered

I love my macs though, but Apple don't exploit the graphics hardware very well I've found. Still, I'm a boffin, so I can never have too many computers!

MPH'05 Show and Live for Speed
(241 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG