The online racing simulator
Fair enough
LOL at the ending of your FO8 play. Was the seat okay? I wondered if it would break it, or upset being turned off so suddenly...
Heheh JJ, must've been fun playing till the very end, trying to get as much seat time possible in that thing .

Looks like fun.
Quote from deggis :So did Jeremy Clarkson even see the Cyberseat stand?

Picture of Jeremy playing LFS would have been so PRICELESS...

Yes they all came up Thursday / Friday night cannot remember which one. But as we said, they was to afraid to have a go, incase of embarassment, which considering they drive anything, is quite funny.

Yes, there is more movie's to come. I have loads ( taken by me and Tris ) on my DigiCamcorder, so will sort that out asap.

But overall, LFS was a HUGH Success there. Lots of interest was generated throughout the whole weekend. While me, Tris and JJ worked hard on the stand, the others had a wonder around at the other sim stands, and they was all empty. We was by far the most popular stand of the show ( Excluding cars )

Obviously, the seat attracted people first, but once they had a go of LFS, they simply had to come back for more.

So my Thanks to Tris and JJ for all your help over the weekend

Regards

Fordie
good job Fordman and the rest of you guys! Good to see that so much people liked LFS
Good job guys! LFS needs this a lot and over time I think we will succeed in getting "our" game in the press
very nice show! grats to all involved
as i'm from vienna, i just HAVE TO be there when you show it here... any ideas on where and when this might be? the donauzentrum (large shopping centre) might be a good place as they always have some kind of presentation or show running..

anyway, I would love to help in everyway I can if you plan to come to vienna - just drop me a PM or mail at zerodexter@chello.at :woohoo:
Congratiolations guys, well done! I can't believe no one from Top Gear, Fifth gear tried the Cyber seat and LFS, woosies.. Has anyone even looked at it maybe??
Quote from Boris Lozac :Has anyone even looked at it maybe??

Quote from Fordman :Yes they all came up Thursday / Friday night cannot remember which one. But as we said, they was to afraid to have a go, incase of embarassment, which considering they drive anything, is quite funny.

Quote from Fordman :

Ok .. i thought you said that they were at the show, but not at the Cyber seat showroom. So, what were their reactions, and who was there, Jeremy, Tiff? Have they staid a while to watch, or they just walked by..?
Quote from Fordman :I will be going with my camcorder of course, so yes, I am hoping to capture JC driving it. As this is a prestigious event ( look at the car line up ) you never know who will be in the driving seat.

If JC does drive in the seat, and you do capture it. Tell us what he thinks of LFS.

I have been off LFS for nearly a month now, doe to having my bedroom redecorated and cant get an ethernet cable to where the pc is now. Driving GT4 and it dosnt feel right compared to lfs??

Anyways . . . .
hehe
Is that referring to the comment about GT4, or are you amused by something else?
Fordie, well done, and sry I couldnt reply to you last week, but as u now can even better imagine, I have a lot to do :P
Quote from Scawen :hehe

From a programmers perspective, is it good if someone just starts giggling randomly?
Quote from ColeusRattus :From a programmers perspective, is it good if someone just starts giggling randomly?

extremely!
Some of my pics, although my camera/SD card decided to corrupt most of them...
Attached images
PICT2034.JPG
PICT2035.JPG
PICT2037.JPG
pict2038.jpg
PICT2039.JPG
Quote from tristancliffe :Some of my pics, although my camera/SD card decided to corrupt most of them...

That Stratos revival thing is ugly I saw a report about it on TV, as it was designed by a wealthy german design student. His point was that the stratos could be raced at tracks where the Porsches and Ferraris would lose their front-skirts... seems that his "new" Stratos would suffer the same fate...
Yes, Chris Hrabalek. I've met him, and he's an idiot. No talent, just a love of the Stratos. As such he thinks he can make a modern representation of it. but I also think it looks rubbish.

His Dad owns a large collection of Stratos, including the original prototype and a Group4 Safari version. His Dad, Ernst, is a knowledgable and clever chap - just none rubbed off on his son. And I think 99% of 'Fenomenon' is funded by Ernst too.

Edit - by the way, I thought I should mention that the final design work was not done by Christian, but by someone else. And the company is owned by two other people in conjunction with Christian, so expect other, better projects in the future.
Had a go in the seat (which was tight fit! Must get down the gym :schwitz at MPH and it was fantastic! I would have liked a harder break pedal and gear paddles in a fixed position, but I'm sure the nice Cyberseat people can tweak those kind of things.

It was also my first go on LFS - and what a way to experience it!

Needless to say, here I am, first working day after the experience and I've already bought by S2 licence ... I don't even own a PC yet to play it on

The seat is an excelent promotional tool, although i was too nervous of embarrasment to ask the chap to turn the clutch on :-)

Now I'm gonna be waiting with baited breath for parcel force bringing my PC!

I've uploaded the pics I grabbed while I was of the nice metal - didn't get any of the "stratos" after actually looking at it. Not the best treatment really. Was nice to prod the Invicta and have a look of the Gardner Douglas TD470.
Link (hopefully).
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
EDIT: Forget all of that, links working now. Thanks JJ
Quote from thisnameistaken :Holy poop! Look forward to seeing you on track, you reckless impulse-buyer, you!

I havn't yet talked myself out of buying the cool electronic drum kit I saw there too! But I must be strong I need money for a wheel and pedals
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from ja9ae :Had a go in the seat (which was tight fit! Must get down the gym :schwitz at MPH and it was fantastic! I would have liked a harder break pedal and gear paddles in a fixed position, but I'm sure the nice Cyberseat people can tweak those kind of things.

It was also my first go on LFS - and what a way to experience it!

Needless to say, here I am, first working day after the experience and I've already bought by S2 licence ... I don't even own a PC yet to play it on

The seat is an excelent promotional tool, although i was too nervous of embarrasment to ask the chap to turn the clutch on :-)

Now I'm gonna be waiting with baited breath for parcel force bringing my PC!

I've uploaded the pics I grabbed while I was of the nice metal - didn't get any of the "stratos" after actually looking at it. Not the best treatment really. Was nice to prod the Invicta and have a look of the Gardner Douglas TD470.
Link (hopefully).

First of all. Welcome to the World of LFS. Obviously our sales pitch worked, and the seat done the rest. I am glad that you really enjoyed the experience and I am really glad to see you here.

If you came on Saturday, I had the white T7R t-shirt. If you came on Sunday, I had the red ESL T-shirt on.

Hope you get a PC soon, and if you see me or any of the other S2 drivers here, please don't hesitate to ask for anything.

All the best, and cya soon

Fordman

MPH'05 Show and Live for Speed
(241 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG