The online racing simulator
As tweak says those posters are hot

/me regrets not making time to come (no dirty jokes guys) to the show!

Out of interest was LFS unlocked this time, and did they still have that crap wheel?
Yeah why are they using that logitech wingman ff ? They should invest in a quality wheel system there
Quote from Fordman :Scawen + Kid, amazing Posters and postcards

thanks.
the postcards are mine, but the posters were done by don. i had no time. Its some of his legal grabs dumped along with the lfs logo. He had no time either or even directions to do something better.
Yes S2 was unlocked. Also they had sorted out clamping down the wheel, so no movement was there.

Another thing, they spend a day re-coding the motion driver, and as Tris said, this one was the nuts. If felt so real, the movement was better, the seat rose and dropped as you went up and down hills. The steering motion was not as abrupt, and there was a slight rubble as if you was on the road, and better rubbled when you went over the rubble strips.

From the Karting event, I would have to say the Seat is 110 time better

@Kid. I know there was no notice period, like myself, but a GRAND job you all done
@Tweak - They had a Momo there, got delievered Thursday, and it would not fit the steering wheel clamp. They are either going to fit it, or buy a DFP and fit this, or, they are talking about purchasing the new BRD FF Wheel, and fitting this. I mean if you pay £10,000 for a motion Sim, you want the best wheel?

But now we have a break before the next show, and all this is being developed. This show, is only the real 2nd time LFS has been put throught its paces with Cyberseat, and the vast improvement they have done in 1 month is amazing. So, as LFS was and still is a learning Curve, the Cyberseat Team are doing the Same. One thing they did say about LFS, is that it was there Saving Grace. A game that actually has so many outputs, this makes the cyberseat work so well, and they thank us all
Quote from three_jump :can we get a better pic of the poster???

hmmm... can i get a better pic of the girls? thanks in advance
so where are they headed next
Quote from Don :sure

DO you have Hi Res of these. I would love the FXO or the XFR as a new background.

Oh Didn;t thank you for your work. Thanks Don
maybe they can get 20 of them and have a support race for the formula 1, inviting local drivers from each country to race! bernie ecclestone has a slot always, for a bit of target practise!
Quote from tristancliffe :TRYING to beat your time????? I set a faster time than you

tristan you cocky devil
Quote from dUmAsS :so where are they headed next

Well there is talk of us going to Vienna, but I think the main one is E3 in May ( Yeh Baby Viva Las Vegas ) but will see
Quote from KiDCoDEa :hmmm... can i get a better pic of the girls? thanks in advance

I will check the video that Tris recorded
Quote from Fordman :I will check the video that Tris recorded

What!??! There's a video?!? :P
#138 - Don
Quote from Fordman :DO you have Hi Res of these. I would love the FXO or the XFR as a new background.

Oh Didn;t thank you for your work. Thanks Don

look at this thread, i posted them there http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=41812#post41812

or maybe its easier to check my posts, as i dont post to other threads often
one hell of an event
Just returned form another long, thrilling, unforgettable day and here's a more detailed summary.

If there's one word that can describe the reaction of the public to the game, it'll be ESTASTIC. We charge 3pounds for a ride with gti on blackwood - one practice lap and one hotlap. And would you believe it there's a constant quene for the whole day, kids, teens, adults, grannies...you name it, although most of them are pounding into barriers hopelessly and keep doing 2minute + laps, they all do it with a big grin on their face, you know there're actually guys who keep saying "this is fantastic, this is fantastic" literally from corner to corner, it's just that exciting to them, as if they have never seen anything like it before (which is of course true!!!)

Trist, Fordman and I were talking to alot of people, who had an instant interesting the moment they see the booth and the action inside, it's a kind of feeling of "I must get it when i gets home." Some parents are kinda keen to let their children play this game, probably for their own pleasure I guess, and as we explain the physics and story behind they are just hooked to the concept.

As we watch on people driving painfully wrong, we occasionally do some demo runs to show them the racing, the cars, the tracks and so on, I think we did put on quite a show and people REALLY acknowledge the difficulty of the game and it is actually possible to be played properly.
(the fastest time of the hotlap challenge is 1:48, and three of us all did a 1:41 - I did it when both Trist and Fordman is left ppp), Fordman did some solid and smooth Gti driving, Trist is going all out on the FOX, and I just picked the most spectacular combinations - FZ5 on Kyoto National, GT turbo on BL rallycross - LX6 on Aston historic reverse , and at last FO8 at SO town, did get more than my fair share of spins I must admit (not too bad as the last time I drive is more than one month ago), but throughout the show there's some nice saves and on the limit laps, the guess are certainly impressed and even more the host - you know it feels like being a star when you are call upon for a demostration run in front of such a crowd.

It's stunning how the show attracts different kind of people, there is actually a guy from the Pagani company (YES the one that makes the Zonda), and he was proposing to have this setup one on of their promotion shows, and in all these little talks I overheard a lot of stuff, one particularly interesting one is some investor is actually evaluating the amount of advertising space on the blackwood track, and see how effective they can advertise on those virtual billboards. (I must recommand the wall at the first hairpin, cos everyone smashes in them.)

At the end of the show Fordman and Trist left, and the main crowd despired, staffs from the stand nearby start flooding over the setup and ask for "ONE MORE DRIVE PLEASE??" There was a stand selling Italian Cheese and hams, their cashier guy kept coming over and have a peep while they are at the same time packing their stuff, I then put him on the XFR and he is as joyful as a birthday kid, it's a delight to see people having so much fun with it, really it's an honor to be there representing the game.

As a sidenote I have exchanged contact with the developer of the seat and try to see if there's anything about packaging that I can do, and in the same time do some more runs with it, cos it's such a fantastic invention, ultimate heavenly experience - just can't wait till it becomes more accessible to the public. (10 grand for one isn't exactly economical.)

Here are more photos from the event, and one poorly shot video. I hope you enjoy them 1/10 as I do. (sorry there's really no subsitute to being their and drive the thing.)
Attached images
IMG_4330.jpg
IMG_4327.jpg
IMG_4336.jpg
IMG_4328.jpg
E3 is in LA not Las Vegas Shaun!

And yes, I VIDEOED the pretty girls playing LFS. And I may have let a spectator (NOT me) zoom in on the girls, and adjust the aim a bit. But only for a few seconds. The other girl saw it, and I very nearly got mobbed.

The postcards and posters were a complete success, and I thank both Don and Kid for their efforts :up:
Quote from Fordman :Well there is talk of us going to Vienna, but I think the main one is E3 in May ( Yeh Baby Viva Las Vegas ) but will see

If you come, I'll definetely be there...
Quote from JJ72 :Just returned form another long, thrilling, unforgettable day and here's a more detailed summary.

If there's one word that can describe the reaction of the public to the game, it'll be ESTASTIC. We charge 3pounds for a ride with gti on blackwood - one practice lap and one hotlap. And would you believe it there's a constant quene for the whole day, kids, teens, adults, grannies...you name it, although most of them are pounding into barriers hopelessly and keep doing 2minute + laps, they all do it with a big grin on their face, you know there're actually guys who keep saying "this is fantastic, this is fantastic" literally from corner to corner, it's just that exciting to them, as if they have never seen anything like it before (which is of course true!!!)

Trist, Fordman and I were talking to alot of people, who had an instant interesting the moment they see the booth and the action inside, it's a kind of feeling of "I must get it when i gets home." Some parents are kinda keen to let their children play this game, probably for their own pleasure I guess, and as we explain the physics and story behind they are just hooked to the concept.

As we watch on people driving painfully wrong, we occasionally do some demo runs to show them the racing, the cars, the tracks and so on, I think we did put on quite a show and people REALLY acknowledge the difficulty of the game and it is actually possible to be played properly.
(the fastest time of the hotlap challenge is 1:48, and three of us all did a 1:41 - I did it when both Trist and Fordman is left ppp), Fordman did some solid and smooth Gti driving, Trist is going all out on the FOX, and I just picked the most spectacular combinations - FZ5 on Kyoto National, GT turbo on BL rallycross - LX6 on Aston historic reverse , and at last FO8 at SO town, did get more than my fair share of spins I must admit (not too bad as the last time I drive is more than one month ago), but throughout the show there's some nice saves and on the limit laps, the guess are certainly impressed and even more the host - you know it feels like being a star when you are call upon for a demostration run in front of such a crowd.

It's stunning how the show attracts different kind of people, there is actually a guy from the Pagani company (YES the one that makes the Zonda), and he was proposing to have this setup one on of their promotion shows, and in all these little talks I overheard a lot of stuff, one particularly interesting one is some investor is actually evaluating the amount of advertising space on the blackwood track, and see how effective they can advertise on those virtual billboards. (I must recommand the wall at the first hairpin, cos everyone smashes in them.)

At the end of the show Fordman and Trist left, and the main crowd despired, staffs from the stand nearby start flooding over the setup and ask for "ONE MORE DRIVE PLEASE??" There was a stand selling Italian Cheese and hams, their cashier guy kept coming over and have a peep while they are at the same time packing their stuff, I then put him on the XFR and he is as joyful as a birthday kid, it's a delight to see people having so much fun with it, really it's an honor to be there representing the game.

As a sidenote I have exchanged contact with the developer of the seat and try to see if there's anything about packaging that I can do, and in the same time do some more runs with it, cos it's such a fantastic invention, ultimate heavenly experience - just can't wait till it becomes more accessible to the public. (10 grand for one isn't exactly economical.)

Here are more photos from the event, and one poorly shot video. I hope you enjoy them 1/10 as I do. (sorry there's really no subsitute to being their and drive the thing.)

Excellent Stuff JJ, and finally nice to meet you. OK I can cut half of mine off now ROFL
I'd probably drive down to LA to go support LFS if they were at E3 . I've always wanted to see LFS showoff there
Hell my webhost is in Hong Kong and it's very slow uploading from here, anyone in UK got some webspace? (and I think Fordman had some video taken as well?)
Quote from tristancliffe :Going back tomorrow (trade pass ), and apparently Jeremy Clarkson and Tiff Needell are going to see if they can beat the times set by Fordie and me! NO CHANCE

So did they beat you?
The pretty girls tried to go back stage and speak with them, but got kicked out front again, and their other methods to coax them didn't work either. Don't thni kthey tried what you lot are thinking/about to suggest though

Either way, we'd have had them beat
Quote from tristancliffe :The pretty girls tried to go back stage and speak with them, but got kicked out front again, and their other methods to coax them didn't work either. Don't thni kthey tried what you lot are thinking/about to suggest though

Either way, we'd have had them beat

so neither of the two tried lfs ?
So did Jeremy Clarkson even see the Cyberseat stand?

Picture of Jeremy playing LFS would have been so PRICELESS...
I'm not there tomorrow. There isn't a show there tomorrow either. So we missed our chance, but have you any idea how hard it would really be to pursuade Jezzer, Needle or Hamster to actually wander up to a stand and play a computer game? We tried, we failed.

Edit - my post looks silly now, but Deggis had asked us to try again tomorrow. Just thought I'd add that so my post makes a teeny weeny bit of sense...
Quote from tristancliffe :Edit - my post looks silly now, but Deggis had asked us to try again tomorrow. Just thought I'd add that so my post makes a teeny weeny bit of sense...

Yup, I misunderstood cannonfodder's quote. After submitting I realised that the quote was from yesterday

MPH'05 Show and Live for Speed
(241 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG