The online racing simulator
sounds great good job guys
XFG, Blackwood.

3 mins practice, then one timed lap from a standing start.

And people who have played LFS can't enter. But that's how we found JJ72. The only person on the day (other than me and Fordie) who could beat the AI - we looked at each other and knew he was a LFS regular.
Quote from deggis :A little on-topic related: http://driving.timesonline.co. ... /0,,12529-1722790,00.html. Jemery Clarkson on Gran Turismo 4. According to that he liked it but that article doesn't really concentrate on realism subjects...

Yes it does. About midway down he talks about how real the game is, bar the lack of damage.
get clarkson to talk about it on top gear!
Quote from tristancliffe :XFG, Blackwood.

Lol, making good use of the unlocked copy of LFS then.

I assume people can try any car at any track, if they wish (and those laps have nothing to do with the compeition). ??
id love to see the whole Top Gear team have a crack at this.. including the Stig.. :P
Haha, that would be neat. The Stig going for pb around blackwood gp with XRT I'd seriously love to see that.
Maybe you could ask for permission to recreate the Top Gear test track for LFS.
Quote from Kryten :Maybe you could ask for permission to recreate the Top Gear test track for LFS.

SECONDED! :cookiemon
Quote from Kryten :Maybe you could ask for permission to recreate the Top Gear test track for LFS.

Yeah...that would be nice

Oh god yes
Quote from tristancliffe :And people who have played LFS can't enter. But that's how we found JJ72. The only person on the day (other than me and Fordie) who could beat the AI - we looked at each other and knew he was a LFS regular.

LOL, busted

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Yes it does. About midway down he talks about how real the game is, bar the lack of damage.

But only some lines... and he talks mostly about how real it looks not how real it feels to drive. Just like in the tv show: he concentrates mostly on non-essential things.
Hiya All. Finally Made it back throught the London Traffic.

I am just sorting the photo's out, and video we have, and I will post a full report.

Scawen + Kid, amazing Posters and postcards

Lots to show and tell, so will be back

Fordie
Quote from seggons :if you want any info/maps etc go here:
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=185949
I tried, but it never turned out 100%. So if anyone wants to try, it will make alot of people happy

Haven't done anything in the "track editor" but there is a video about the track at: ftp://ftp.sysadmin-racing.com/videos/Topgear/ (can't get to the site atm, but I have it bookmarked so the address is right)

Download the video about "the Zonda and the Lambo" and there is the track presentation also, good pics from helicopter! I would have copy/pasted some pics here but don't know how to take screenshots from video... Though it's still hard to get the exact measurements for the widths and lengths of the track... And I think it's too big to fit...
A Couple of Piccy's
Here is a couple of Pictures for you to look at. Hopefully the last one shows you how busy the stand was. It was like that from early until late, all day long. The Cyberseat is in there somewhere

Pic 1 - The sexy posters and the girls
Pic 2 - Tris on the Cyberseat
Pic 3 - JJ72
Pic 4 - The Busy Stand
Attached images
DVC00611.JPG
DVC00643.JPG
DVC00652.JPG
DVC00649.JPG
2.5 hours. Thats how long it took me to do the 45 minute journey from Earls Court to Uxbridge on the way home. 'Power Cut at Earls Court control center'. God I hate public transport. Possibly more than drifters and driver aids. Why oh why can't human beings make a few trains run on time, but we can get unmanned sattelites to 'dock' with comets over a million miles away, come back and land in an area of ocean the size of the the isle of wight?!!!

Rant Over.

Show was good again, but no jezzer action unfortunately. Lots of 12 year old idiots who try to take T1 of blackwood at 100mph without lifting or braking and using full lock. Was painful to watch. And I had to congratulate them afterwards to make them feel good.

But the seat was awesome today. Really gives you a good feeling of what the car is doing, although it struggles with quick oversteer moments (e.g. FO8) as it can't react fast enough.

And who knows, maybe a show in Vienna in February, and E3 in LA in May (exams permitting!). Also, I've been asked to consider design solutions for the seat, which will be nice...

But I need a shower (or bath, yeah!), some grub, and a rest before I tell you all about it.
Quote from Fordman :Pic 1 - The sexy posters and the girls

Those posters are looking pretty HOT!!!!!

4 More

Pic 1 - Honestly there is a driver in the seat

Pic 2 - The Girly having a go in 9" heals

Pic 3 - The Dirty Duo

Pic 4 - Again, Tris trying to beat my time
Attached images
DVC00609.JPG
DVC00614.JPG
DVC00617.JPG
DVC00642.JPG
Quote from Tweaker :Those posters are looking pretty HOT!!!!!

can we get a better pic of the poster???

3j
And Considering we was at a car show, here are some of the many many cars, that was placed in many many places ( Know the film ROFL )

Oh and a couple of Bike for Scawen.
Attached images
DVC00620.JPG
DVC00623.JPG
DVC00624.JPG
DVC00625.JPG
DVC00626.JPG
DVC00627.JPG
DVC00628.JPG
DVC00629.JPG
#124 - Don
Quote from three_jump :can we get a better pic of the poster???

3j

sure
Attached images
posters.jpg
TRYING to beat your time????? I set a faster time than you

MPH'05 Show and Live for Speed
(241 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG