The online racing simulator
#977 - Don
get a canon
You failed. That's a cannon, not a canon.

Quote from Wikipedia :

Cannon

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with Canon.

Grrrr.... We just got home from doing a little post-Christmas shopping. My girls had some gift certificates and as you know how girls are, a gift certificate can not last past 3 days before being spent....

They had a Nikon D40 and Canon XS (EOS 1000) on diplay. The Nikon didn't work but I finally got to play around with the Canon. The buttons and dials are just so wrong on the Canons. The Nikon's layout just makes so much more sense. The Canon felt like a plastic kid's toy as well compared to the heft and feel of the Nikon. I have to quit looking at these things, I want a dSLR so bad. Stinkin bills bills bills .

Maybe I'll win the $500 gift card to B&H that I just submitted for from my catalog.
I Fail...?:weeping::weeping::weeping:

My Nikon D80 with it's lenses (18-70mm, 55-200mm) is underway
#982 - Don
Quote from mrodgers :They had a Nikon D40 and Canon XS (EOS 1000) on diplay. The Nikon didn't work but I finally got to play around with the Canon. The buttons and dials are just so wrong on the Canons. The Nikon's layout just makes so much more sense. The Canon felt like a plastic kid's toy as well compared to the heft and feel of the Nikon. I have to quit looking at these things, I want a dSLR so bad. Stinkin bills bills bills .

its all about getting used to it, i found canons really easy to use and intuitive, but when i tried my mates nikon i was confused as hell.
Doesn't that makes a little sense?

You're used to your Canon and offcourse not the same as the Nikon
#984 - Don
Quote from Scrabby :Doesn't that makes a little sense?

You're used to your Canon and offcourse not the same as the Nikon

I had no problems getting used to 350D without previous experience with DSLR cameras, didn`t even read the manual much.

im not saying nikons buttons/dials layout is crap, im just saying its not that intuitive for me as the one on canon. i dont really know what mrodgers finds "SO WRONG" about it.
Quote from mrodgers :The buttons and dials are just so wrong on the Canons. The Nikon's layout just makes so much more sense.

Quote from Don :i found canons really easy to use and intuitive, but when i tried my mates nikon i was confused as hell.

Quote from Don :im not saying nikons buttons/dials layout is crap, im just saying its not that intuitive for me as the one on canon. i dont really know what mrodgers finds "SO WRONG" about it.

Pfft, you guys should try using the Minolta/Sony design/ergonomics. Once you're used to their logic which has less to do with Canikon than Canon or Nikon do with each other, all Canons and Nikons feel as though they were designed on the day the design dept was at the pub.
A few recent ones...

Coming from somebody who as a general rule hates HDR, I must say: lovely HDR shots! So rare to see them well done and not overblown to the point of redicule. I'm mainly talking about the 4th and 6th images here, which would make for interesting scenes without the HDR.
Quote from Highsider9 :A few recent ones...

all of them except the 5th one rocks...really good photos...i think the best is petrol station
and higher resolution will be better
Thanks Guys.

@ STROBE
The 4th and 6th are the only real HDR's the others are just edited Raw Shots.

@ bavorak
The most of them are available in higher Resolution on my Flickr Account (see sig). If you want them even bigger feel free to PM me.
Quote from Don :im not saying nikons buttons/dials layout is crap, im just saying its not that intuitive for me as the one on canon. i dont really know what mrodgers finds "SO WRONG" about it.

Just a first impression of picking them both up side by side. Perhaps the XT is different than the XS, I don't know. I liked how with the Nikon, your finger can stay on the shutter always at the ready and adjust the wheel with the thumb and any other buttons needed was with the other hand/thumb. The XS, the wheel is right behind the shutter making you move off the shutter to spin the wheel. If I now remember correctly, I think you had to hit buttons with the right thumb while spinning the wheel with your finger. I guess it could ok if you used your middle finger on the shutter. The layout just felt weird and "wrong" to me. Like putting the turnsignal stalk of a car down in the console where you would have to take your hands off the wheel to use it.

Highsider9 - Great shots. Love the bridge and the gas pumps. I have another week off for Christmas yet and need to get off my lazy behind and go get some night shots myself. I also have an old fuel station from way back (50's or 60's) that I want to grab some shots of.
It's still underway...oooooh i'm so exited

@Highsider9: Very nice pics :O
Here's my christmas tree...
Attached images
cactus01.jpg
Quote from mrodgers :Just a first impression of picking them both up side by side. Perhaps the XT is different than the XS, I don't know. I liked how with the Nikon, your finger can stay on the shutter always at the ready and adjust the wheel with the thumb and any other buttons needed was with the other hand/thumb. The XS, the wheel is right behind the shutter making you move off the shutter to spin the wheel. If I now remember correctly, I think you had to hit buttons with the right thumb while spinning the wheel with your finger. I guess it could ok if you used your middle finger on the shutter. The layout just felt weird and "wrong" to me. Like putting the turnsignal stalk of a car down in the console where you would have to take your hands off the wheel to use it.

[fanboy]Let me throw some more fuel on the fire and say I think both Canon and Nikon's layouts are crap compared to the Pentax ergonomics. [/fanboy]

Quote from DeadWolfBones :[fanboy]Let me throw some more fuel on the fire and say I think both Canon and Nikon's layouts are crap compared to the Pentax ergonomics. [/fanboy]

Me makes the sign of the cross. Get back ye Satan!!!!!!!!
Quote from Highsider9 :A few recent ones...

Out of words, these pictures are damn nice!!!!! Can you give with bigger resolution? I would like to get those as a background

One from me;

Attached images
rain14.jpg
#997 - Don
seems like the time for new cam is definetely here...

although, this may be problem of the card (brand new 8gb sandisk), the camera surely didnt help it by getting stuck with mirror locked-up...over 1000 photos lost
Quote from Don :seems like the time for new cam is definetely here...

although, this may be problem of the card (brand new 8gb sandisk), the camera surely didnt help it by getting stuck with mirror locked-up...over 1000 photos lost

Sounds like the 350 is getting old now Don, do you know how many actuation's the shutter has gone through?

What you thinking of getting next?
#999 - Don
I think its somewhere around 90 000 cycles...

I`m considering getting 40D, but since its winter and i don`t really need a camera atm (no rally near), i`ll wait a bit and hopefully it gets a bit cheaper.
Oh, that's a bummer Don. A shame you lost a bunch of shots. 90k on the shutter though, I guess it would be expected anytime coming anyways.

Good luck with getting your upgrade. If anyone is deserving of an upgrade based on their shots, it would be you.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG