Cheers for the offer flinty72, I just fancied trying to figure it out via the forums, which are not a place I frequent too often. I have friends who are more than computer literate and can help me sort this out, but seriously a big thanks for the offer, much appreciated and more like the response I'd hoped for, regardless who it was from. *Disclaimer* I may yet get back in touch with you for some assistance if thats ok.
As far as I'm concerned GL has contributed a fine and selfless application (not the first time I've said that), and it is to be admired and appreciated, no doubt. But his insulting and stroppy reponse to my first post for help got my back up.
I insulted him for not helping me? Where? I responded in kind to his "it's my ball and I'm not playing anymore" attitude.
Whatever, my next messages will be in broad Embraish.
Off to do some translations on the French replies.......so much for the auld alliance eh? And oh, I studied German, not French.
Ach, hud enufo awe this keech anyhoos, gonnae git back tae sum graft.
As I said earlier, HVS5b, you can ask specific questions here and I'm sure you'll always get an answer. But questions like "how do I set it up?" or "Why doesn't it work?" are less likely to get useful answers because these questions are too vague and don't give any information about what the askers want or failed to do. "How do you disable auto-messaging?" has a very precise and short answer. "How do I use it?" doesn't (err, well actually yes, it does, it's "RTFM", but you didn't like it ). It's simple as that, and of course nothing personal.
I still can't get it to run with other outgauge apps. Actually, it's more I can't start insim without it automatically disabling outgauge, even starting insim before I load LFSRelax. So, it doesn't seem to be the problem of LFSRelax, but insim itself in patch X. Very strange because in patch U, I use to be able to run 3 outgauge apps. along with the original pitspotter. Now, as soon as I "/insim 29999" in game, all outgauge apps quit and the LFS cfg.txt file will show outgauge disabled .
i'm sorry, but i'm a super n00b here... what exactly is insim? the features of this lfsrelax seem very neat, but i have been unsuccessful at setting it up and thought if i better understood what insim was i could figure it out?
No it's not you, pitspotter makes a lot of mistakes. saying left or right when nothing is there and sometimes saying nothing when there is a car beside you.
I'm waiting for a patch to fix it because it's a really usefull program.
If we are going that way they should be varied for the car you are running at a certain time. The amount of speed can be very influential in the reaction time you need to avoid collisions and should be in the settings pitspotter uses.
The original pitspotter mod was VERY accurate. You could move in front of someone the moment you heard "clear", then watch the replay and you would see very little space between the 2 cars when you moved over.
As soon as someone broke the plane of your bumper, the original pitspotter would tell you. Very accurate. I don't know about this one yet since I haven't tried it out with trying to not loose my other outgauge apps.
Is there anyone else using the outgauge gateway and using LFSRelax and finding it to work for them?
1. Open LFSRelax.cfg in notepad.
2. Search for "Password = yourpass" and replace "yourpass" with the admin password defined when you run LFS as server (Multiplayer > New Game, or something like that). If the admin password is blank, there, just delete "yourpass" so you're left with "Password = ".
3. If you plan to use an InSim port different than the "29999" default one, from LFS, search for "Port = 29999" and edit the port number accordingly.
4. Search for "EnableTSView = true" and replace "true" with "false". This disables the TeamSpeak feature.
5. Search for "EnablePitSpotter = " and make sure it's set to "true". This enables the PitSpotter feature.
6. Search for "EnableAutoMessage = true" and replace "true" with "false". This disables the auto-messaging feature.
7. Search for "EnableGameStat = true" and replace "true" with "false". This disables the GameStat feature.
8. Save and close the cfg file.
Can you run LFSRelax in replay mode and look in helico view if LFSRelax make mistake. If yes, send me the replay i look for it. I try for long time tonight in helico view and i don't see mistake. Maybe the 50ms... . Wait and see