The online racing simulator
Quote from flinty72 :HVS5b, you are unbelievable. I can't understand why you are like this particularly to Gai-Luron who selflessly dedicates his own time to developing some of the most useful applications for LFS. Just to prove that Gai-Luron also offers the source code for free for anyone so inclined to develop it further or along another tangent. Please remember that Gai-Luron does this without reward other than the praise he receives from ppl in forums like this. For you to come along and totally insult him for not helping you is both unjustified and disrespectful. It is also incomprehensible that you do all this without even downloading the app and having a look at how it works.

Now that being said I feel that some of the communications between you both have suffered due to the language barrier (no disrespect meant either way) and possibly that you happened to catch Gai-Luron in a moment of frustration, either way it would be nice if this could come to end.

Finally I would be more than happy to help you but first I would like to see you download the app give it a go then tell me exactly what you want. This could be quite simply saying I just want pitspotter and nothing else, or I want pitspotter, gap times and km's driven. From this I will create your own custom cfg file and post it here.
I will even help you understand how to edit the cfg file, if you would like to that is?
It may even help others who stumble across this.
BTW I am no coding genius, so I am sure you can learn how to do it as well.

The offer has been extended I hope you will consider accepting.

Cheers for the offer flinty72, I just fancied trying to figure it out via the forums, which are not a place I frequent too often. I have friends who are more than computer literate and can help me sort this out, but seriously a big thanks for the offer, much appreciated and more like the response I'd hoped for, regardless who it was from. *Disclaimer* I may yet get back in touch with you for some assistance if thats ok.

As far as I'm concerned GL has contributed a fine and selfless application (not the first time I've said that), and it is to be admired and appreciated, no doubt. But his insulting and stroppy reponse to my first post for help got my back up.

I insulted him for not helping me? Where? I responded in kind to his "it's my ball and I'm not playing anymore" attitude.

Whatever, my next messages will be in broad Embraish.

Off to do some translations on the French replies.......so much for the auld alliance eh? And oh, I studied German, not French.

Ach, hud enufo awe this keech anyhoos, gonnae git back tae sum graft.
As I said earlier, HVS5b, you can ask specific questions here and I'm sure you'll always get an answer. But questions like "how do I set it up?" or "Why doesn't it work?" are less likely to get useful answers because these questions are too vague and don't give any information about what the askers want or failed to do. "How do you disable auto-messaging?" has a very precise and short answer. "How do I use it?" doesn't (err, well actually yes, it does, it's "RTFM", but you didn't like it ). It's simple as that, and of course nothing personal.
I am not always getting fuel readings today. Have driven races when it kept saying --.

Maybe its because i first player singleplayer?
is there any way that when I load up LFS it will start this relax proggy the same time and work?
Quote from StableX :is there any way that when I load up LFS it will start this relax proggy the same time and work?

Try using Browse for speed..it lets you specify what programs to run...evn though Relax boots before LFS, it will still work
Or you could make a batch file to launch both LFS and LFSRelax and double-click that. To do so, create a new text file in LFS' folder and name it launch.bat, for example. Then set its contents to:

@echo off
cd LFSRelax
start /B LFSRelax.exe
cd..
start LFS.exe /insim=29999
Exit

This is assuming that you have a folder named LFSRelax in your LFS folder and LFSRelax.exe is at the first level of this folder.

PS: that avatar of yours is mental, StableX!
I still can't get it to run with other outgauge apps. Actually, it's more I can't start insim without it automatically disabling outgauge, even starting insim before I load LFSRelax. So, it doesn't seem to be the problem of LFSRelax, but insim itself in patch X. Very strange because in patch U, I use to be able to run 3 outgauge apps. along with the original pitspotter. Now, as soon as I "/insim 29999" in game, all outgauge apps quit and the LFS cfg.txt file will show outgauge disabled .
i'm sorry, but i'm a super n00b here... what exactly is insim? the features of this lfsrelax seem very neat, but i have been unsuccessful at setting it up and thought if i better understood what insim was i could figure it out?
Quote from JMacari :i'm sorry, but i'm a super n00b here... what exactly is insim? the features of this lfsrelax seem very neat, but i have been unsuccessful at setting it up and thought if i better understood what insim was i could figure it out?

You dont need this info... really.

Just type /insim 29999 in your text window. ALT_TAB out of lfs and start LFSrelax and it should work. Providing you have microsoft .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 installed.
well that worked, not sure why i had such a problem lol. thanks

the pitspotter seems to be a bit misleading, it told me a car was right when i could clearly see the car was not via mirrors. just me or has this been common?
Quote from FL!P :As I said earlier, HVS5b, you can ask specific questions here and I'm sure you'll always get an answer. But questions like "how do I set it up?" or "Why doesn't it work?" are less likely to get useful answers because these questions are too vague and don't give any information about what the askers want or failed to do. "How do you disable auto-messaging?" has a very precise and short answer. "How do I use it?" doesn't (err, well actually yes, it does, it's "RTFM", but you didn't like it ). It's simple as that, and of course nothing personal.

Aye, no arguements there. However, may I refer you to my first post on the subject.

"Just to clarify, I want the pitstopper, but not the two other add ons.

Thanks in advance "

I think it's pretty to the point and not totally vague?

Anyway, enough of this off-topic poo. I'm off to download the b*gger and give it a try.
Quote from JMacari :well that worked, not sure why i had such a problem lol. thanks

the pitspotter seems to be a bit misleading, it told me a car was right when i could clearly see the car was not via mirrors. just me or has this been common?

Well it uses same settings for all the cars. You can edit them to your liking in the cfg file.
Quote from JMacari :the pitspotter seems to be a bit misleading, it told me a car was right when i could clearly see the car was not via mirrors. just me or has this been common?

No it's not you, pitspotter makes a lot of mistakes. saying left or right when nothing is there and sometimes saying nothing when there is a car beside you.
I'm waiting for a patch to fix it because it's a really usefull program.
Quote from JMacari :well that worked, not sure why i had such a problem lol. thanks

Yep I get the same issues, I posted so earlier in this thread and asked Gai-Luron if he could look at it some time in the future.
BTW I am still to hear pitspotter say "your in the middle".

I have modified my pitspotter settings which seem to have improved it but it is still not 100&, give them a try & see what you think.

DxR = 15
DxL = 15
DyF = 4
DyB = 4
MinSpeed=25
MaxSpeedDiffFaster=75
MaxSpeedDiffSlower=50
MaxAngleDiff=40
StillThereInterval=2500
If we are going that way they should be varied for the car you are running at a certain time. The amount of speed can be very influential in the reaction time you need to avoid collisions and should be in the settings pitspotter uses.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :If we are going that way they should be varied for the car you are running at a certain time. The amount of speed can be very influential in the reaction time you need to avoid collisions and should be in the settings pitspotter uses.

No that makes it way to complicated, make it work like the old pitspotter and I'm happy.
Never used that...
The original pitspotter mod was VERY accurate. You could move in front of someone the moment you heard "clear", then watch the replay and you would see very little space between the 2 cars when you moved over.

As soon as someone broke the plane of your bumper, the original pitspotter would tell you. Very accurate. I don't know about this one yet since I haven't tried it out with trying to not loose my other outgauge apps.

Is there anyone else using the outgauge gateway and using LFSRelax and finding it to work for them?
Quote from HVS5b :"Just to clarify, I want the pitstopper, but not the two other add ons.

1. Open LFSRelax.cfg in notepad.
2. Search for "Password = yourpass" and replace "yourpass" with the admin password defined when you run LFS as server (Multiplayer > New Game, or something like that). If the admin password is blank, there, just delete "yourpass" so you're left with "Password = ".
3. If you plan to use an InSim port different than the "29999" default one, from LFS, search for "Port = 29999" and edit the port number accordingly.
4. Search for "EnableTSView = true" and replace "true" with "false". This disables the TeamSpeak feature.
5. Search for "EnablePitSpotter = " and make sure it's set to "true". This enables the PitSpotter feature.
6. Search for "EnableAutoMessage = true" and replace "true" with "false". This disables the auto-messaging feature.
7. Search for "EnableGameStat = true" and replace "true" with "false". This disables the GameStat feature.
8. Save and close the cfg file.

Hope this helps.
Hello,

New version : 1.47

Quote :
- Increasing periodicity of collision 50ms instead 100ms for pitspotter
- Middle now work, tested

Gai-Luron
Trying to match Scawen with 1 patch a day? Are you also matching the downloads nice work you are putting in...keep em coming

Can you run LFSRelax in replay mode and look in helico view if LFSRelax make mistake. If yes, send me the replay i look for it. I try for long time tonight in helico view and i don't see mistake. Maybe the 50ms... . Wait and see

Quote :Trying to match Scawen with 1 patch a day?

I try, i try

Gai-Luron
Now is it realy good great work m8
Many Thanks for all your hard work

LFSRelax 3 in 1 (TS View, AutoMessages, Pit Spotter) by Gai-Luron
(474 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG