The online racing simulator
#51 - FL!P
Quote from HVS5b :It's not that I don't want to modify the cfg file. I just don't know how to and was hoping for a little help.

It's not that hard, really. Did you even try? Everything's commented and if you can read you should be able to figure it out. For exemple to disable a given function, you just have to replace true with false in one place. So don't decide that you won't be able to do it before trying, and if you have specific questions when you do try, we'll be happy to answer them.

@ Gai-Luron: a couple of notes:

- I couldn't get it to load correctly when I had an admin password in LFS (and of course the matching password in the cfg file). InSim kept complaining at launch that the passwords didn't match. I had to remove the password from both places to get it to work. I've experienced the same problem with several other InSim apps, so I don't know if the bug is in those apps, in LFS, or in my config.

- It'd be cool to have a hotkey to hide all the buttons. For example when I'm in the lobby, each time someone talks in TeamSpeak the button showing their name appears (as expected) which leads the grid and the connections list to be hidden. Being able to temporarily turn the buttons display off would be very handy, here.

- Are you considering adding other functions to LFSRelax? I have some ideas.

Thanks again!

Flip
Quote :- I couldn't get it to load correctly when I had an admin password in LFS (and of course the matching password in the cfg file). InSim kept complaining at launch that the passwords didn't match. I had to remove the password from both places to get it to work. I've experienced the same problem with several other InSim apps, so I don't know if the bug is in those apps, in LFS, or in my config.

I experience the same thing and i don't know how do it. Anyway, i put an admin password in LFS and in LFSRelax, and all work fine .

Quote :Are you considering adding other functions to LFSRelax? I have some ideas.

Depend of your requests because i dev also LFSStat and LFSLapper. This last one it's an application who spent much of my time.

Gai-Luron
#53 - FL!P
I'd like the ability to display extra information, like InGame does, and being able to show/hide this information via hotkey(s) (I'd love InGame if it wasn't that buggy, but unfortunately it looks like it's been dropped). More specifically, I'd like to be able to display:

- Timesheets (like LFS', but persistent, because LFS' disappear too soon in qualification and is hidden when you display tyres temperature during races).
- Gaps with the leader, and the cars ahead and behind (with driver names).
- Splits: best, personal best, last.
- Fuel: percentage of tank, percentage per lap, number of laps in tank (red when < 2).

See, this isn't too much. And that should give you a nice distraction when you take a break from working on LFSStats and LFSLapper.
Hi Gai-Luron,

i like your programs very much and use them on our servers (Lapper) and for race results (Stats). They all work fine and no problems here. But with this tool here (Relax) i got on my desktop computer an error. On my laptop everything works fine though. Can you help me out to use this great tool ??
Attached images
LFS Relax.jpg
thanks for the middle !
What's is the OS system ?

Try to get Visual studio 2005 C# and compile application on your desktop.

Gai-Luron
OS is Win XP. How do i compile this ??
Quote from Gai-Luron :You open LFSRelax.cfg with notepad and you find this lines( each on a different location):

Change true to false for disable module ( if you're affraid, make a copy of LFSRelax.cfg before )

To disable TSView and Automessage put this var to:
that's all.

you are lucky because it's not a xml config file
Gai-Luron

Thanks dude, I'm not the smartest with technical issues so appreciate you taking the time to repsond.

In reply to Fl!p : did I even try to? No I didn't even try, I wouldn't know where to start. You have no idea as the vast expanse of computing technology/terminology that leaves me staring at the screen like a goldfish

Cheers for the pointers, peace and love y'all :grouphug:
Nice to have my spotter again.
And it works fine with other apps that use the same port.

Quote from FL!P :I'd like the ability to display extra information, like InGame does, and being able to show/hide this information via hotkey(s) (I'd love InGame if it wasn't that buggy, but unfortunately it looks like it's been dropped)

It´s not dropped, it´s paused. But now that AnalogGauges are ready to release as 1.0 i will go on with InGame.
-
(riskredruM) DELETED by riskredruM
#60 - FL!P
Quote from HVS5b :In reply to Fl!p : did I even try to? No I didn't even try, I wouldn't know where to start. You have no idea as the vast expanse of computing technology/terminology that leaves me staring at the screen like a goldfish

That was my point, mate. I'm sure that if you tried to make sense of it, instead of just backing off or staring blankly at the screen, you'd figure it out. Glad you got it sorted out anyway.

@ riskredruM: glad to hear it, thanks!
Quote from riskredruM :Nice to have my spotter again.
And it works fine with other apps that use the same port.

It´s not dropped, it´s paused. But now that AnalogGauges are ready to release as 1.0 i will go on with InGame.

I saw that you use also c#, what do you think about add your inGame in LFSRelax? Look at my source and say me what do you think about the possibility to add your prog. If you want!!

reguards

Gai-Luron
Quote from Joker 1971 :OS is Win XP. How do i compile this ??

You don't need to compile if you have XP. Do you have Net framework 2.0? Do you have the same version on all 2 computer with TSRemote.dll and the same config?

So trange
What I put on cfg.txt file?
Quote from Fischfix :i will also provide another spotter-voice pack (i found it somewhere in the internet and i think it is from another game but don't come after me for the copyright as i don't really know who has it, i also did some adjustments and remixing with them so they are not 100% the original anyway) just backup the old sounds files in the sounds folder and extract the archive to the sounds folder of relax.

FYI, the sounds come from the JJSpotter sound pack (Jimmy Johnson's spotter and crew chief) for NR2003 by Dave Hoffman. http://www.dwarehouse.com/ Probably the 2nd most downloaded and used soundpack for NR2003, 2nd only to Methyl Ethyl's Sounds of Nascar sound edits (no relation to the Methyl Ethyl that is registered here...)

Oh, and nice job Gai-Luron. I'll test it out next time I run LFS.
Quote from Gai-Luron :You don't need to compile if you have XP. Do you have Net framework 2.0? Do you have the same version on all 2 computer with TSRemote.dll and the same config?

So trange

Got .Net 2.0 on both (laptop runs with vista). The LFSRelax Version on both is the same, the lfs version and config is the same. All other progs made by a guy called Gai-Luron :-) are running without problems on both computers.

I try to make a clean version of lfs again on the desktop after work.... maybe i can figure the problem out....
Quote from Gai-Luron :Hello,

If you don't want the other add-on and if you don't want modify cfg file ( you don't want anything you ) remove this insim app, go in other place or rewrite it ( you have the source ).

I'am so tired about people who are never happy. The next insim app, i keep it for me and my friends

Bye

Oh, come on Gai, I am very thankful for you putting your time in to do this for us I'll download as soon as I'm home and be shure to use everything dude. don't sweat it, ok? People just forget to say thanks sometimes...
Quote from Gai-Luron :
ToDo
- I don't know

Great stuff Gai-Luron, thanks a lot!! So when the pit spotter is back I'd love to have Becky Rose's lfs companion back too Especially the team radio saying how you perform, how are your split times, your gains and loses to your opponents, fuel warnings etc. A lot of racers who likes to drive in shift+f mode would be very delighted. I had to ask you for this, i cant help myself
Quote from Gai-Luron :I saw that you use also c#, what do you think about add your inGame in LFSRelax? Look at my source and say me what do you think about the possibility to add your prog. If you want!!

reguards

Gai-Luron

Nice idea, but it´s written with vb2005.
Only the AnalogGauges are written in c++. Normaly I´m forced to use vb.

greets.
i've tested it now, but i did not get the "middle" message...
I've made a spanish translation. Maybe you would like to add it to your pack!!
Attached files
spn_spotter.rar - 151.2 KB - 307 views
Thank's

Updated for the next release

Gai-Luron
Hello,

New release of LFSRelax : 1.12

- Some bug fixes
- Include Spanish translation
- InGame information, uncompress in new folder to test it! ( no complete for now, only Beta )

Enjoy

Gai-Luron
Love the addon. It does not seem to use the ingame info in singleplayer? It shows behind 00:00:00 but nothing else?
If you're alone he can't calculate gap between your and car behind you

Gap work only in Race, not in qualify.

Be patient for the rest of ingame

Gai-Luron
Quote from Gai-Luron :If you're alone he can't calculate gap between your and car behind you

Gap work only in Race, not in qualify.

Be patient for the rest of ingame

Gai-Luron

Was not alone? AI's were there.

LFSRelax 3 in 1 (TS View, AutoMessages, Pit Spotter) by Gai-Luron
(474 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG