The online racing simulator
Quote from riskredruM :To make LFS crash anymore you only have to delete the d3d8.dll in your LFS Forlder. Then everything is like before.
The other thing. Is the gauges.ini up to date.
Are all parameters filled.
Are there no "," instead of "." ?

If there is no Gear Indicator you have to set the GEAR_Enabled=1 to 0

I think you mean LFS\GAUGES\VIEWS.INI or am i missing something?
Anyway here is what is in the views.ini:

views
{
view0
{
name=Outside
elt0
{
type=static
x=80
y=80
z=0
width=128
height=128
image=kmh.tga
}
elt1
{
type=angular
x=80
y=80
z=0
width=128
height=128
image=needle.tga
var=velocity_wc
min_value=2.777778
max_value=72.222222
min_angle=113.684211
max_angle=-123.157895
pivot_x=0
pivot_y=0
}
elt2
{
type=time
x=700
y=40
var=laptime
}
elt3
{
type=time
x=700
y=20
var=besttime
}
elt5
{
type=static
x=220
y=80
z=0
width=128
height=128
image=rpm.tga
}
elt6
{
type=angular
x=220
y=80
z=0
width=128
height=128
image=needle.tga
var=rpm
min_value=100
max_value=8000
min_angle=117.000000
max_angle=-120.000000
pivot_x=0
pivot_y=0
}
}
}

i have attached a screenshot of the error message:

Edit: It's working now, i accidently had downloaded the old version instead of the new version i downloaded new version now and it works , thx.
Attached images
gauges-error.JPG
Quote from geeman1 :........ Hope this helped

Works......thx....

I hope you are waiting for the next question
Daily update

See first post. Lights are in the darkness.
goddamn man... I have college work to do ! but i can't stop editing it !

fuel gauge is missing to top it all... is there a way to do it ? with a warning light to tell us when fuel is almos gone ?
FYI : If you use outside view and want your gauges to be over LFS ones but not covering the Fuel, the position of LFS gauges are :

Speed :
X: 48.0
Y: 87.0

RPM/Gear:
X: 68.7
Y: 87.0
Quote from riskredruM :

It should be nothing, not black. You have to delete this square.

I got it... but discovered Myself... you have to "paint black" the Alpha Channel... that's why neither my custom LED Nor my gear Indicators were working properly...
Just telling... tomorrow i think i'm gonna appear with a hole cluster working ingame ( except for the fuel )... wait and see...
insted of putting fake miles on it..could you get it to work so we know how many miles we have drivin?

Also how do you change the faces of the speedo?

And also again, these lag, they are off about 8-10 sec. Is there a way to change the lag so its not slow?
thats quite a request scoob
Could you add the fuel indicator? Great share btw!
Update, See first post.
I just ask ask ask... but could you make a turbo Gauge Also ?
I think I found a bug.When you move the gauges using the keyboard arrows,the traction indicator light doesnt move along with the rest of the gauges.I will post some screenies first thing tomorrow,Im rly tired right now.

PS.A turbo gauge ! Yay!!
i'll just leave the question...

i tried to make a hole cluster. problem is, the needles don't stay in the right position because they tend to stay in the center of the image... is there a way to make the three gauges ( RPM/Speedo/Fuel ) and exibit a image as a background ? If you see the vectorized cluster i posted some days ago, you'll see that the fuel gauge isn't centered... can i make this work like this too ?
Quote from Gibslime :I think I found a bug.When you move the gauges using the keyboard arrows,the traction indicator light doesnt move along with the rest of the gauges.

PS.A turbo gauge ! Yay!!

Fixed, update later.
Maybe with the turbo gauge.

Quote from Dudles :i'll just leave the question...

i tried to make a hole cluster. problem is, the needles don't stay in the right position because they tend to stay in the center of the image... is there a way to make the three gauges ( RPM/Speedo/Fuel ) and exibit a image as a background ? If you see the vectorized cluster i posted some days ago, you'll see that the fuel gauge isn't centered... can i make this work like this too ?

I think we have to make a special there. But that´s a little more work to do.
riskredruM great work again You are allmoust finist with this project.
Ok maybe the last request of me .Can you add one simple low fuel indicator? like the other ligths ,but with one speciality. some xy number in % thats starts the light glow.
Exaplne : LOWFUELLigt_min = 10
The light go on when in the fuel tank is only 10% of fuel.

Thanks
Quote from sikmansherman :...... I've tried some ways but there is still a black corner...

As you can see in the updates graphic is not my world

But however. See first post for update.
tested ,works perfect ,thanks ,great job.
the newest version (08) doesnt work with X3 and the included d3d8.dll!

Just copy the C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8.dll into your LFS directory (i use Vista).

//EDIT:
OK, gauges are not showing up....
Quote from screama :the newest version (08) doesnt work with X3 and the included d3d8.dll!

Here it´s working with x3. I will test Windows Vista later. Just remember to set the value´s in cfg.txt.

Quote from screama :
Just copy the C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8.dll into your LFS directory (i use Vista).

If you copy the d3d8.dll from your system Folder it can´t work.
Quote from riskredruM :Here it´s working with x3. I will test Windows Vista later. Just remember to set the value´s in cfg.txt.

If you copy the d3d8.dll from your system Folder it can´t work.

Die cfg.txt wurde angepasst.

Wie gesagt stürzt die LFS.exe ab wenn man die im Archiv enthaltene d3d8.dll nimmt. Mit der aus dem system32 läuft LFS. Is erst seit X3 so.

Quote from screama :Die cfg.txt wurde angepasst.

Wie gesagt stürzt die LFS.exe ab wenn man die im Archiv enthaltene d3d8.dll nimmt. Mit der aus dem system32 läuft LFS. Is erst seit X3 so.

Sprachwechsel
Anstatt die dll aus dem systemordner zu holen kannst du die dll im LFS Ordner auch einfach löschen, kommt auf´s selbe raus. Wenn LFS abstürzt kann es eigentlich nur sein dass entweder die Dateien falsche Namen haben oder die Einträge in der gauges.ini falsch sind. Zieh dir die Zip vllt mal neu.
na dann ich mach mit
bei mir es funkcioniert auch mit X3 patch.
Aber einiger ist noch nicht hundert procent gut ,ich mach eine kleine grafik verenderung ,weil beim turbo ung das benzin meter ist die zeiger noch dran ,auch das shift licht is aus der linie

Mein deutsch ist sehr schlecht

========================
Ok so back to english
the are some graphics bugs ,to solve But it work perfectly with the new patch x3

New Analog Gauges in LFS (Alpha)
(788 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG