The online racing simulator
yay ty risk!Waiting for the directions tomarrow!Woo!
give it now !! just little hints !! Now that I have time to make my own Mods you vanish out...
cool idea, but alot of bugs to bad the gauges aren't re-sizeable withing LFS right now, should be a size slider just like for the text lol.
Quote from steve :but alot of bugs

Which bugs ??

Quote from steve :to bad the gauges aren't re-sizeable withing LFS right now, should be a size slider just like for the text lol.

Sorry but i can´t rewrite LFS.
Little Tut at first post.
See attachment.
finally thanks.. I will release my Rx7 II version.
The Volvo needles dont rest at 0, and 11,000rpm is shown as 8,000rpm (using FZR) :-S
Quote from riskredruM :Which bugs ??

the main bug (not really a bug) is trying to get a max speed setting to match the car in game, then online the app just works on someone else's car lol, its funny trying to race and have the speedo and rpm going up and down and not to my car lol. It would be sweet if it worked on the user's vehicle only and had a different setting for each car in game

I cant explain right now lol. :Eyecrazy:
online works only at your car.

riskredruM : I got a one simple request (eine kleine bitte). is posible to write the program so ,that I can addust the position of both meters separate? not both together.

I mean that in most cars is the RPM meter on left side and speedo on right. But the main situation is the placing it on the side lide this http://skyline179.tripod.com/skyliner34/interior.jpg (on picture are the two white gauges on right).

Thanks
since yesterday when i'm playong with it, tried NSX-R gauges, set up everithing @ gauges.ini, but when i start LFS it black screens ( normal ) and then gets back to windows and do not open LFS neither Outgauge...
Quote from Dudles :since yesterday when i'm playong with it, tried NSX-R gauges, set up everithing @ gauges.ini, but when i start LFS it black screens ( normal ) and then gets back to windows and do not open LFS neither Outgauge...

OK... gave up on this... but i got your V4 gauges and "pasted" mine over it to use sort of the same set up on gauges.ini... everything works well... but my KM/h gauge "hole" is smaller then my gauge... but in yours it's same size of the RPM one... what shall i do ?

pic
Quote from steve :the main bug (not really a bug) is trying to get a max speed setting to match the car in game

You have only to find the right values

Quote from steve :
then online the app just works on someone else's car lol, its funny trying to race and have the speedo and rpm going up and down and not to my car lol.

that´s normal. You always see the data of the car you are looking at. You never see data of another car when sitting in yours ??

Quote from steve :
It would be sweet if it worked on the user's vehicle only and had a different setting for each car in game

I agree

Quote from Dudles :since yesterday when i'm playong with it, tried NSX-R gauges, set up everithing @ gauges.ini, but when i start LFS it black screens ( normal ) and then gets back to windows and do not open LFS neither Outgauge...

Look if you ever used "," instead of "." for the values.

Quote from BranislavS :I mean that in most cars is the RPM meter on left side and speedo on right. But the main situation is the placing it on the side lide this http://skyline179.tripod.com/skyliner34/interior.jpg (on picture are the two white gauges on right).

Thanks

Look @ first Post in 5 minutes. ^^
I started over and could get NSX-R gauges working... it's great except for the un-accuracy ( this word exists ? nevermind ) above 200 Km/h... i think to top it, i mean, to be perfect, you need to add a way for us to change size and position of the gauges separately, add the warning lights that LFS have ( shift light, speed limiter, etc ) gear counter and Fuel gauge... because the outgauge covers it all ingame... i know that's a lot of stuff, but i appreciate your work and your will to improove this... and i think i'm helping by saying this... cheers...
It's not working @ my lfs LFS crashes when i start it. Can u fix this somehow?

(i have LFS Patch X2)
Quote from riskredruM :You always see the data of the car you are looking at. You never see data of another car when sitting in yours ??

weird, mines shows data from whoever i look at when i join, then most of the time when i join the gauges are still running from another user's car lol even while in the garage
what do i need to do to make a "hole " ( like my previous pic ) so the gears could appear inside the RPM gaige ? because the NSX ones do not have gear indicator, so i made one making a "black square" on it just where the gear appears but it remains "black" ingame... what should i do to make it work ?
Where do i put these at?
Seems LFS doesnt wanna start in window mode with this running, have to edit config to not start in window mode.
O.o very great mod, thanks for god job. Where is Turbo metr ? I think its a basic meter in car

Sorry for my english.
Quote from R1K89 :It's not working @ my lfs LFS crashes when i start it. Can u fix this somehow?

(i have LFS Patch X2)

To make LFS crash anymore you only have to delete the d3d8.dll in your LFS Forlder. Then everything is like before.
The other thing. Is the gauges.ini up to date.
Are all parameters filled.
Are there no "," instead of "." ?

If there is no Gear Indicator you have to set the GEAR_Enabled=1 to 0

Quote from Dudles :what do i need to do to make a "hole " ( like my previous pic ) so the gears could appear inside the RPM gaige ? because the NSX ones do not have gear indicator, so i made one making a "black square" on it just where the gear appears but it remains "black" ingame... what should i do to make it work ?

It should be nothing, not black. You have to delete this square.
-
(riskredruM) DELETED by riskredruM
Ok it's works perfect.

When i look on the gauges something is missing. Can you add some LED indicators for rev limiter and for Pit limiter? Traction control LED aswell. So i can put the indicators in tiese holes .

Are the needels on the Top layer?so when the needle is over the indicator it covers it?

Thanks ,you are the man!

Btw. don't need shift indicator
Quote from BranislavS :....... Can you add some LED indicators for rev limiter and for Pit limiter? Traction control LED aswell. So i can put the indicators in tiese holes

I want to add those indicators. But i have problems to use the Flags Value of OutGauge pack.
Quote :
Originally Posted by Dudles
[...]

Alpha layer is the key, (as for the gauges face default size).

@risk thx for gears line.
this is how the dashboard should be in LFS just that the gauges are in the dash!
Quote from riskredruM :I want to add those indicators. But i have problems to use the Flags Value of OutGauge pack.

Trouble getting the value of the flags?
I have it like this
word flags;
// recv outgaugepacket code here
flags = outgaugepacket.Flags;

After that I can get the value of the flag (true or false) with (shiftlight as the example):
(flags & OG_SHIFTLIGHT)

That has a true or false as the value.

Hope this helped

New Analog Gauges in LFS (Alpha)
(788 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG