The online racing simulator
Quote from phill1978 :done this and also with this Blackwood Hi-Res Textures (Feel The Speed in your Blood)

still nothing

is there anywhere i have to put the original folders ?

i arent missing anything.. i use winzip to extract to my downloads folder.. in the extracted folder there are 2 folders well theres an _alt one but i leave that alone. i copy both those folders into memory and paste into LFS data and overwrite the original folders

still nothing

latest LFS Demo, win vista 32 home.

That´s weird. Can you post a screenshot of your lfs as it looks now after you´ve done that?
yup

hang on..

now, i did something different this time and didnt get that error above but still didnt see any difference in image.. am i meant to see red/green chevrons ? i still see blue and white

what i did was copy the files within the folder into the real LFS data/dds folder and overwrote existing files rather than copy the whole folder and replace as i noticed there were more files in the original than the hi-res pack, and as a result i got no error but it also didnt load new textures just the same ???
Mate, you deleted EVERY texture file, instead of just the track textures mr. Kar updated.
Quote from hrtburnout :Mate, you deleted EVERY texture file, instead of just the track textures mr. Kar updated.

but the instructions say replace folder.. so i did and this removes lots of original ones hence the error.

so why when i manually just add in the new files into the folder does it not work.

whats the truth.. do i move two new folders and overwrite existing, or do i manually add the files into the folder ?
Quote from phill1978 : so why when i manually just add in the new files into the folder does it not work.

The logical thing would be to establish why this didn't work before deleting all the textures. Go back to the start with a clean LFS, make sure it works fine, ensure high res textures are selected in options > graphics, and take a screenshot (ctrl + s) of a kerb at the chicane. Then copy the dds and pic folders from the higher-res texture folder, and paste them into your LFS/data folder, and say yes to overwrite the files/folders. Close LFS, and open it again. Then take another screenshot, and compare
right the problem is.. me lol

i think i was expecting different textures when in fact the size of them jumps from 91kb to 700kb so just higher quality.

thing is i already run crisp 1080p on high so the difference isnt imediatley obvious

You can definitely tell the difference, I don't use them for racing but when doing screenshots/videos then in conjunction with high aa/af they look much better than the default ones
aa isnt working on my demo, ive done all tricks including force via riva tuner which does make a small difference but compared to the shots on this thread it is jaggie.
Try Jakg's 'How to Make LFS look Better' guide.

You can have a look through the comments to see if a problem applies to your specific case.

From the way it sounds you may have a driver issue, or you mightn't be applying enough anisotropic filtering. The high res textures really benefit from the maximum allowed, 16x or so. Anything less and the textures will start to play up over a certain distance, which may be giving you that jagged effect.

The other thing to check is which resolution you're running LFS in. Higher resolutions of course give a more defined, less pixelated look. You shouldn't need too much AA at extreme high resolutions. 4x is good enough for most purposes.
Download link dosint work...
Hello guys, the link of this pack doesn't work for me, can anyone upload it to megaupload or rapidshare?

The links from http://www.lfs-database.com are all broken...
His servers are off. That is the reason.
Quote from shaun463 :His servers are off. That is the reason.

Any solution to download Higher-Res Track Textures by Electrik Kar?
Wait until someone here uploads it?
Quote from boothy :Wait until someone here uploads it?

If someone is kind enough to do it... I would be very grateful!
*passes MonStarr a large choc-chip cookie
link dead...anyone got the link

EDIT: looked above, nevermind
Quote from logitekg25 :link dead...anyone got the link

EDIT: looked above, nevermind

Front page updated-

Thanks
Is the "Full Pack" useful also to Demoers?
I mean, it's called "FULL", so Blackwood must be included, isnt'it?
All of the blackwood textures are in there. We did release a demo-only pack that only contained the blackwood files, since obviously the pack is smaller and saves download bandwidth, but that is down right now. Everything for the demo is in that pack tho, so feel free to go grab it
Cool, thanks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG