The online racing simulator
#26 - axus
That's some pretty road and grass! I quite like the national kerbs too now and the signs are simply amazing.
I'm still not a fan of the rounded paint marks on the curbs. At all. But the rest looks gorgeous, as always.
Quote :I'm still not a fan of the rounded paint marks on the curbs.

It's different, I'll admit, but I like how they're original. Most of the other curbs in LFS follow the same basic format of flat coloured block sections- so these are a bit of a breath of fresh air.

I'll say that Kyoto is done (basically). There is one more Japanese character for the ads that Herki wasn't able to reproduce- I don't know if he'll get round to it- but he did a great job with everything else. I don't like spending too much time on ads so I'm thinking of zipping up the pack now, and updating things whenever possible. There can always be a Kyoto 2.0b/c/d/whatever. Unseen and I have been exchanging PMs- maybe we can work on a future update sometime. ?

I think Westhill will be next on the list. I don't ever race on it, it's basically a new track for me. But I like the secluded feeling of Westhill- will be fun to get into.

Yeah. I'm busy atm with family stuff, but tonight the Kyoto zip should be ready. So, check back soon! Hope you guys like it.
Wow Elektrik, great work with the Kyoto! From the screenshots it looks bloody awesome! Too bad i can't use your packs fully, because i got really low FPS when i aplied your Blackwood , seems my computer can't handle it, so i only use your fantastic curbs on it, and the tarmac from Honey's pack.
I think it will be the same case with Kyoto too, well, i guess i have to update my card and memory, i think my 2500+ Barton is still OK..
I've updated the first post- Westhill is ready I'm gonna take a break for a couple of weeks. :sleep2:
Westhill 2.01 is finally ready. If you've downloaded the earlier pack, this new pack includes some great new textures by unseen as well as corrects the offset road problem. Other textures have been improved as well. So give it a go!
Thanks guys
EK, have you thought about redoing the autocross?

seems like alot of work, but it REALLY needs an overhaul!
it looks like its still in S1
not very attractive lol

if you could that would be awesome
Yes. It`s on the list of things to do, XCNuse.
speaking of which
iirc your textures (like most updated textures) make bl car park look really odd
You're right, there is more of a colour mismatch when using the high-res textures in the carpark. I've had a bit of a go, but still can't get things looking just right. There will be a better version in the next Blackwood update, for sure.

Also, I checked out the AutoX map last night, and it really needs some serious work. It's also the track I'm least interested in working on, so I won't give a definate answer as to when it'll get done. I put it to unseen the other night that we should do an AutoX update, but now after having a look I'm a little uninspired! lol.

Having said that, I'm really happy with Westhill now- I've ignored it all this time, and now it's become my favourite track. Maybe the same thing will happen with the AutoX... I do love cruising in the MRT there that's for sure.
lol the textures are one of the main reasons i keep away from the autocross too

its hideous
#39 - Don
i would really appreciate some autocross update as it will be the "main environment" for our "lfs topgear" project
Quote :our "lfs topgear" project

I've read about your project, sounds like a blast! Topgear's a great show, I sometimes catch the odd episode over here in Istanbul- thankfully they don't overdub in Turkish like they do with all of the Discovery Channel stuff...
I just downloaded the bl gp tex. Congratulations, perfect job.
And some words in native language: Dostum harika iş çıkarmışsın
Quote from Don :i would really appreciate some autocross update as it will be the "main environment" for our "lfs topgear" project

could you give me some info about this "topgear" project???
Thanks for hi-res tracks, they look great now
ohhh i love those curbs. This road is pretty cool, but... mmm i dont like the yelowish road, i´d like a bluish or greish a road in the morning.
Wow
Hi Electrik - Just wanted to say 'Thank You Very Much' for these textures & updates. Very nice work indeed. Peace!
Hey EK, what is the file to change this ugly green color?

Attached images
lfs_00000085.JPG
I believe you can't change it- it's just a colour overlay which goes over the road texture. Wish I could change it, but...

Quote :ohhh i love those curbs. This road is pretty cool, but... mmm i dont like the yelowish road, i´d like a bluish or greish a road in the morning.

Do you mean the colour of the Blackwood road? I'm not sure which one you mean. By all means go ahead and adjust things how you want..
:weeping:

Yeah KY, BL seems for sunset, and...I don´t remeber as well
I was wondering Electrik Kar, are you going to do South City now that we are getting an official update? I guess it depends on how much you have done

PS, cheers for these texture updates, they look fantastic 8)
help me please. why does my rubber look like this??? has green parts. How can I change it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG