The online racing simulator
Quote :I was wondering Electrik Kar, are you going to do South City now that we are getting an official update?

I want to wait until the official update before doing any more work on SO. Eric could move textures around, or delete or alter things drastically- there's no telling. It's actually quite nice knowing what's happening on the graphical front for a change- there's always been this hesitant feeling accompany me as I re-texture the tracks, due to not knowing when the next big update could come along and ruin all my hard work!

Quote :help me please. why does my rubber look like this???

I have absolutely no idea. Jonas, what are you doing?
Quote from Electrik Kar :what are you doing?

Why??? does my road look weird? yes, I´m changing it for the optimal color grade, but it seems to be slightly purple.

I actually liked your texture road, and curbs
set enable dither to yes, and make sure you're not in 16 bit mode
I always have been in 16, but let me test with 24... in the lfs set right?
Running in 32 bit mode (don't think there's a 24 bit mode in LFS) will make textures look a lot better, especially for objects with subtle gradations in colour. You can change this under options/screen, I think. The dithering option from memory is to help with smoothing out those gradations when in 16 bit mode, so is not needed when running in 32 bit colour.
there are 8, 16, 24, 32 modes, but mine just 2 available 16 and 24, in my windows is 32, yesterday tested in 24 mode and anything happened...

...today I turn my option graphics card in efficiency and into lfs too just the rubber +mirror, and...my textures were great lol. The rubber did not make out well.
Thought I'd just give a quick update on things...

in the next few days, i'll zip up a cumulative update for Blackwood, Kyoto, and Westhill. There's quite a bit of new stuff for Blackwood, inc' updated pit-gfx (collab w/ unseen), better barriers & a more photographic runoff and roadlines, some higher res ads, a higher res loo(!), higher-res road signs (not that you see 'em really anyway), bolts added to armco(back)... etc... Also, the Japanese Kyoto ads have been corrected, and I've reverted back to the original ad designs (rsc, driver's emporium). Some other small details for Kyoto as well, including better yellow lines and a nice fake grass runoff. Not much for Westhill- just small details to the metal barrier texture added and better pitlines.

The idea behind the update is it's really just a way of organising graphics that have been worked on and getting them out so they don't sit around on my HD as Fern Bay and Aston get worked on.

Unseen's still working hard on the AutoX (Don/XCnuse), we'll put a screenshot up shortly for that. Also he's showed me some great higher-res Fox/F08 wheels, which are in the pipeline as well...

Umm, that's it.
Attached images
blpits.jpg
Nice stuff, I look forward to the updates
nice updates
#60 - joen
Alright, here`s a couple of early screens from Autocross to keep everyone happy...
Attached images
autox1.jpg
autox2.jpg
Quote from unseen :Alright, here`s a couple of early screens from Autocross to keep everyone happy...

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
#63 - axus
Big thumbs up! Fantastic work!
Probably a silly question but how do you get the texture files into your game?

Do you just copy them over?
Quote from jaws99 :Probably a silly question but how do you get the texture files into your game?

Do you just copy them over?

Extract them to the dds folder and click "Yes to all"
cheers mate
oho.... great dude... but it's not EK work, or it is? And can we have it
#68 - axus
Quote from N I K I :oho.... great dude... but it's not EK work, or it is? And can we have it

Unseen and E-Kar have joined forces in high-resing the world
Quote from axus :Unseen and E-Kar have joined forces in high-resing the world

Thsi duo's going to be fps-killer for a lot of LFSers ^^
Dunno 'bout that. I've been using them and haven't anythingt wrong.
I got a pretty lame-ish PC/GPU and the Higher res textures made no difference when I installed them.

Except LFS now looks more beautiful.
#72 - Jakg
i noticed a little difference by installing EVERY custom texture i've ever found on this forum, and downloading EVERY hi-res skin posted on this forum - oooh, i think i must of lost all of.... 2 fps? Well worth it!
I put my resolution to full with his textures and was still running about the track with the full 60fps, no AI mind.
The update for Blackwood/Kyoto/Westhill is ready.

And yeah, it would be good to find out a bit more how the higher-res textures are affecting peoples game performance. Just a quick post will do, and system spec info would help too. Night all..
Let me be the first to say....Thanks very much Nice work guys

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG