The online racing simulator
The drivers should be looking at the road.
The drivers should also be aware of their surroundings to take in and assess risk. risks which will effect their choices on the road. if in their peripheral they see what appears to be a half-naked chick standing on the exit of the a fast corner, then they can't be blamed if it's enough of a distraction to cause a crash. The driver in this case slammed on his brakes because for all he knew there was a silly half-naked bird ready to run into the front of his car.

not all drivers are Sebastian Loeb and can assess and process such information sensibly. it's stupid, childish and dangerous. If I were the organiser I'd find who put it there and ban them for life.
Quote from Intrepid :The drivers should also be aware of their surroundings to take in and assess risk. risks which will effect their choices on the road. if in their peripheral they see what appears to be a half-naked chick standing on the exit of the a fast corner, then they can't be blamed if it's enough of a distraction to cause a crash. The driver in this case slammed on his brakes because for all he knew there was a silly half-naked bird ready to run into the front of his car.

not all drivers are Sebastian Loeb and can assess and process such information sensibly. it's stupid, childish and dangerous. If I were the organiser I'd find who put it there and ban them for life.

I agree, but as a rally driver you expect those things, people who do strange things to distract or patrocine (?) you, and you should act mature and as a rally driver. And as a rally driver you should be more aware of what surrounds you, you should not be distracted by such stupid things, because (as a rally driver) you know that an error can cost a lot of lives, including your own.
Quote from chanoman315 :I agree, but as a rally driver you expect those things, people who do strange things to distract or patrocine (?) you, and you should act mature and as a rally driver. And as a rally driver you should be more aware of what surrounds you, you should not be distracted by such stupid things, because (as a rally driver) you know that an error can cost a lot of lives, including your own.

Well a driver might act in a perfectly sensible and rational way i.e braking and taking avoiding action to a potential risk, yet put themselves in extreme danger consequently.

Stupid stunts like that aren't funny, they are just ****ing dangerous and stupid.
I agree very much.....
Sadly there is no way to adjust this on the camera that I have, and it's the biggest camera I can fit to my helmet without it causing some moving problems.
Regarding the wrc 2003 comment on the above youtube video, i found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU8DVOSQGMc

WRC 2003 Full Season Review. 2hrs

Loeb's first full wrc season
Onboard Helmet cam Top Fueler.

http://youtu.be/gb2vf_ZYFMo

Skip to 2:00 for stage and takeoff unless you want to watch startup,burnout etc..

This is insane.
Quote from aoun :Onboard Helmet cam Top Fueler.

http://youtu.be/gb2vf_ZYFMo

Skip to 2:00 for stage and takeoff unless you want to watch startup,burnout etc..

This is insane.

Awesome, from onboard it seems like it takes less time to clear a run than it does from trackside :O
Quote from TypeRacing :Racing legends: Colin McRae

I wasn't too impressed by this, really.
The previous two were better, except for the cringe moment where the editor thinks showing Tiff Needell understeering whilst he describes what it is to Sir Patrick Stewart is not entertaining enough, so whilst he explains how the car doesn't want to turn into the corner and the nose pushes out wide, we see the wild oversteer slides he later initiates as an illustration of how to deal with it.

This episode just felt like Chris Hoy on an experience day, with a "yes, his reckless attitude may have contributed to the death of himself, his son and their friends, but never mind, he's still a legend" tacked on the end. No other insight into his career, really.
I was only left thinking that most people, legend or otherwise, would be vilified to a much greater extent.

The way they dealt with the helicopter crash felt false. They obviously didn't want to open old wounds (I wondered if the wife/mother of the father and son that perished with the McRaes was watching) but after watching this, I question their decision to make this show in the first place really. I felt for Jimmy McRae who is obviously a great guy and it can't have been easy for him to do this.
Quote from sinbad :I wasn't too impressed by this, really.
The previous two were better, except for the cringe moment where the editor thinks showing Tiff Needell understeering whilst he describes what it is to Sir Patrick Stewart is not entertaining enough, so whilst he explains how the car doesn't want to turn into the corner and the nose pushes out wide, we see the wild oversteer slides he later initiates as an illustration of how to deal with it.

This episode just felt like Chris Hoy on an experience day, with a "yes, his reckless attitude may have contributed to the death of himself, his son and their friends, but never mind, he's still a legend" tacked on the end. No other insight into his career, really.
I was only left thinking that most people, legend or otherwise, would be vilified to a much greater extent.

The way they dealt with the helicopter crash felt false. They obviously didn't want to open old wounds (I wondered if the wife/mother of the father and son that perished with the McRaes was watching) but after watching this, I question their decision to make this show in the first place really. I felt for Jimmy McRae who is obviously a great guy and it can't have been easy for him to do this.

Generally agree with everything you said there.

As for the actual series concept, I get the feeling it's all rather getting a bit overdone. This hero worship is all getting a bit tiresome. I think it started with Senna The Movie, which in my opinion was a complete let down.

Is motorsport becoming that shit that we have to continually have programmes on about all the old stars?
^ I agree with both of you. Also, it was a shame seeing Ken Block in this movie.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :^ I agree with both of you. Also, it was a shame seeing Ken Block in this movie.

****in a

Racing videos
(4786 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG