The online racing simulator
At first I thought "Why the hell is there a photographer inside the guard rails?"

That's some wicked shtuff.
rofl
Omg :d
He must be "over the moon".
is youtube not working for anyone else or is it just me
probably my favorite racing class ever. Formula ford is close though. and F500, cuz they are wicked little things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki8WrIJ-STI

interesting though, Aussie Vees have grooved tyres, and most of the chassis' are different than the ones I watch in USA (I actually don't recognize any of them, but it's hard to tell with the blurry Youtube vid.). Also, they run with the 1600 cc, not the 1200 cc.

I love looking at the differences between the chassis, and how they conform to the same rules differently. now I'm gonna have to look up pics of Aussie and Euro Vees
We use mostly locally-produced chassis, and the tyres are grooved because they are all-weather tyres. Also, the field includes both 1600cc and 1200cc engines - the 1600cc cars have four-wheel disk brakes while 1200cc have drum brakes, the 1600cc cars are marked with yellow stripes on the front suspension arms, while 1200cc cars are marked with pink stripes.
we use mostly local chassis too. That's what I had guessed was true elsewhere. Vees here run on a choice of slicks/rains.

are the 1200s competitive with the 1600s then? because I don't really see how they could be equal... or is there a recognized winner for both engine sizes? here the 1.6 litre engine was only used in a category named Formula Super Vee as far as I know, a class that ended up sprouting wings before dying out in the 80s.

I'm now finding pictures of local chassis from everywhere...South Africa, Australia, Britain. I might be in heaven right now
The championships are broken down into 1600cc and 1200cc tables. Some states also have an Outright champship (all classes combined), and a Historic championship as well.
Quote from samjh :
Hilarious video from a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo in the rookie modern class. Driven by Adam Newton, navigation by Daniel Lemish. Sounds like they had a lot of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Gg71WH7Vo

OMG how much fun! I'd love to do a rally around the suburbs of San Jose! We must beg, beg, beg, Scawen to put a Suburban track into LFS. Imagine how much fun that would be!
Yeah have to say that FF race 2 was some epic stuff, was at McIntyres/Duffus and saw a lot of action.
Quote from jrd.racer :Battle at 10,000 rpm
Just listen to the rx7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there another 10.000 RPM Video? The race is finished now and I did not see / hear a RX-7 here. But maybe this is just me
nup no RX7 there
That second Formula Ford race at Knockhill was brilliant, the best racing of any form I've seen for ages.

Racing videos
(4786 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG