The online racing simulator
Robby Gordon tells the French to Kiss his a**

I am ashamed of watching the Dakar because of the stupid french organisation that wants at all costs an all french domination. His pending DQ and when they took off time from Depres's time even if he was a huge non-sportsman douchebag.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Some of those angles are absolutely insane!
Love the cars, that was a crazy video.
Pretty cool drift link, loved how similar it was to Mad Max!
Quote from Krane :Has he ever heard of the concept of skipping gears while down shifting?

guess its safer to shift trough all the gears, to prevent lockup off the rear tires if the engine speed difference is too high between two gears. You either shift in small steps like he does, or skip some gears with a big blip of the throttle.

and its more fun
the last of old school GT racing, you can pick up one of those cars for as little as 35,000 USD over here, sadly there's nothing you can legitimately race against.
http://youtu.be/SK0wtVTvdys

Nothing special. Just some nice shots from Kimi's test day. You can see how he is fighting the heavy car without any media during the video.
I don't quite know how he manages all of that so well... unlike Zanardi, he can't use a prosthetic leg to brake IIRC. Zanardi was unable to race until they worked the system out with the prosthetic, because of the downshift issue. I'm not sure how Watt is managing it.

Right handle appears to be upshifting, left handle seems to be brake. Throttle is left hand, presumably. Is there a secondary system for his left hand that allows him to downshift?
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :I don't quite know how he manages all of that so well... unlike Zanardi, he can't use a prosthetic leg to brake IIRC. Zanardi was unable to race until they worked the system out with the prosthetic, because of the downshift issue. I'm not sure how Watt is managing it.

Right handle appears to be upshifting, left handle seems to be brake. Throttle is left hand, presumably. Is there a secondary system for his left hand that allows him to downshift?

Here's another vid that shows the throttle better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xe4lZV9fEw

Basically it looks like that round thing behind the wheel is throttle. And when he pushes the brake stick the throttle circle thing is pulled back with it. Maybe there is a small paddle for his left hand which he uses to downshift?
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :I don't quite know how he manages all of that so well... unlike Zanardi, he can't use a prosthetic leg to brake IIRC. Zanardi was unable to race until they worked the system out with the prosthetic, because of the downshift issue. I'm not sure how Watt is managing it.

If you look closely he appears to be nudging the shift lever with his knuckles whilst braking with that hand at the same time.

Pretty impressive, i'd like to see what the throttle looks like.

Edit: clearly it's a slightly different set up in the second video. On second viewing it's probably an actuator in the first video too.

Racing videos
(4786 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG