The online racing simulator
Isn't that a Gould with an F1 V10 engine in it? I gather it took him a while to sort out the thousand and one problems with it, but once he made it work it was... a bit quick
Quote from tristancliffe :Isn't that a Gould with an F1 V10 engine in it? I gather it took him a while to sort out the thousand and one problems with it, but once he made it work it was... a bit quick

Sort of, I'm not sure if the chassis is his own, the engine is a TWR arrows Hart from when the Arrows F1 team went bust back in 02, I think the gearbox kept snapping or something like that (I think the sequential box probrably from Hewland has some trouble handling all the torque and power) but he got his first win in it a few months back.

Its just great to see a properly 'unlimited' series anyway (even if it isn't proper racing).
It's not a Gould, the car is his own design as far as I'm aware. A few years back he had talked of trying to sell them and have his own class (obviously with a tamer engine) but I think it's more become the quest for the `ultimate` hill climb car.

Last time I saw it running was a good few months back when it broke 4th gear in its first or second run! Sounds awesome when it gets into its stride but the traction control really does sound horrible!!
I've downloaded this video some while ago and maybe some people want to see it aswell. It's the 1991 Tooheys 1000 race at the legendary Mount Panorama track at Bathurst in Australia.

You will the the Sierra RS 500 Cosworths, Nissan Skyline GT-R's, Holden Commodores and BMW E30 M3's. The show contains a little race preview, a review of the race and the podium.

The total playtime is about 2 hours and the file is roughly 650 MB big so the download will take a while.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=3ostpitoca

I also have the 1992 race and will upload that somewhere next week.
I posted all 6 parts of The Great Race over at Darcy F1's site. Click on "The Forum" on the left hand side and go to Member's Videos. Here is a direct link to the thread.
Thank you XRRoy and amp88 I will download these tonight, great xmas gift thanks guys
piracy is accepted on here now?
Good old Knockhill

Racing videos
(4785 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG