The online racing simulator
Kart rage!!!

I wonder what caused the outburst?
Quote from samjh :Kart rage!!!

I wonder what caused the outburst?

The fact he got pushed into the hairpin maybe?
Ah OK. Didn't notice that. Class...
Quote from ksa_land :First 8 onboard laps in a BMW Z4 V8 Coupe around the Nordschleife during a VLN multi class race.

Thanks for sharing.

Vain
Quote from Seb66 :Gimmeh some money and I would luv too
Start racing again

haha yeah, its all about zeh money
And i would love to start again, but no money
Karting isn't expensive!!! Get your groove on!
Well, if you know how it can be very cheap. Though having said that, I had my most expensive weekend's racing ever this year... as well as the cheapest so swings and roundabouts.
Quote from Intrepid :Well, if you know how it can be very cheap. Though having said that, I had my most expensive weekend's racing ever this year... as well as the cheapest so swings and roundabouts.

Not sure if over there prices may be cheaper/more expensive, but to be a front runner around here, your looking to spend a shit load of money. However, the way you guys [europeans] do your national and international events, nothing like it is here. Over there it looks like billion dollar meetings compared to here.
It's all about perception. For example your CIK Stars of Karting series looks bloody fantastic and makes a lot of our championships look a bit dated. You also have some badass open classes and you manage big regional grids. It really isn't that much different here than it is in Aus.

which reminds me .. and at the aussie rotax nationals you had the top three helicoptered in you tarts
Attached images
385936_346807881999960_100000122523346_1600983_1729072851_n.jpg
Quote from Intrepid :It's all about perception. For example your CIK Stars of Karting series looks bloody fantastic and makes a lot of our championships look a bit dated. You also have some badass open classes and you manage big regional grids. It really isn't that much different here than it is in Aus.

which reminds me .. and at the aussie rotax nationals you had the top three helicoptered in you tarts

Wow, you know Aussie karting a fair bit.. maybe we aren't as off as most think we are.

PS, that shot is from the 'ski jump' at our Newcastle track. Its one of my local tracks and every lap your airbourne on that corner, what he did was more of a stunt.
Get yourself a karting thread or something, seriously. This discussion is way too far from original thread...
Quote from aoun :Wow, you know Aussie karting a fair bit.. maybe we aren't as off as most think we are.

PS, that shot is from the 'ski jump' at our Newcastle track. Its one of my local tracks and every lap your airbourne on that corner, what he did was more of a stunt.

haha it's my job to know about karting. The aussies won the nations cup at the rotax world finals too!!
so the layout actually exists before tilke updated it? almost identical to the national layout.
Quote from JJ72 :so the layout actually exists before tilke updated it? almost identical to the national layout.

Old Track map - Current Track map

I believe that that layout was abandoned along with the old track. The GP track made by Tilke used more of the first straight on the run up to Turn 2, so the new GP track was made from scratch (apart from the Stadium section and the Start/Finish, obviously) and the national layout got either binned or "transformed" to a shorter version of the GP layout.
Best of Julien Bidaud

Time trial? Too mainstream. He loves driving and definitely doesn't give a crap about his time.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Best of Julien Bidaud

Time trial? Too mainstream. He loves driving and definitely doesn't give a crap about his time.

That man is now my hero. I have one of those. (bimmer, e30. Although Mines a cabby with a 2.5 straight six and I reckon his is a 4 pot (higher revving)). My own car even shares the same rims as he's running on and looks like the same ride height too.

But the fact that he's using a road legal car (circuit e30's often have at least one main beam light punched out so you get more air across the engine, normally on the left hand side, because thats where the induction sits), one that I drive on a regular basis (certainly not like that, couldn't afford the tyres for a start) so I know how they handle (well, generally. Just don't push it into a corner too fast, big lump of metal out front, rear wheel drive. slow in, survive the out!) The guys obvioulsy knows the course, but **** me, can he drive. And the fact that that looked like his missus as co-driver. Fair play to him and her. I watched that all the way through and might even watch it again . . . . and again.

And again.

Possibly one more time.

And I think his bonnet is flapping because e30 bonnets hinge at the front. So if you pop the bonnet you get more air across the engine without running the risk of the bonnet flipping up, but maybe I'm wrong there. Because on second viewing it might be racing bonnet with clips.

But hey, he's still my hero. We both wear glasses.
It's clearly audible that this E30 has a straight-6 engine.
And the driving characteristics of that car is long way from an average road car.
Yep, that's a 25i.
I think it's extremely easy (for me anyway) to differentiate between engine types, (more so cylinder number) when hearing a car. And that BMW is definately a 6cyl. You don't get that growl from a 4cyl!

Great vid, guy is talented, and also, the way he's driving he won't actually be that slow over the course of the whole stage, infact he's probably faster than most through those tight hairpins.

Racing videos
(4786 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG