The online racing simulator
Garph, Don't knock drag mate, I dress up all the time and it's knocked at least half a second of my lap times.
Quote from garph :1. No.
2. You press N to bring up the connection list in the bottom right, you should see a green S next to the name of the person(s) who sent you the set. Click on that and it will ask you to name the set, do so and it will be in the list. Just make sure the set that was sent was for the car you're in.
3.No.

p.s. saying you're not a complete noob cause you run good drag times is pretty much meaningless.

from 3. onwards was a bit harsh but funny lmao!!
thanks for the setup thing tho helps heaps
I've had lfs for a few months buts havnt posted anything
Hello everybody. I'm going to use this post for what it's for...to present myself.

I'm Eneko, a Dutch guy living in Spain and a friend of mine convinced me to start playing. I've been practicing for about three days now with the demo version and I totally suck!! This is some hard stuff!!

I'm currently playing with the keyboard and I'm hoping that buying me a wheel will make it a little easier. It will definitely make it more fun.

I totally love the community buy the way! People from everywhere. Very cool!
Hi, I'm new to LFS and racing sims in general. Hope to learn a lot here before making a fool of myself in front of other racers.
Quote from Centurin :Hi, I'm new to LFS and racing sims in general. Hope to learn a lot here before making a fool of myself in front of other racers.

Welcome Stay out of cruise servers and you will not be ranked as a fool.
Hi people. Im new and i drift and like to cruise. Im 15 1/2 and i live in the middle of knowhere. I like to go muddin in my truck and fourwheeler. Thers a lotta snow here and i like to ride dirtbikes snowmobiles and MTB. Im looking for a new team to join that drifts. One thats going to stay together and is very welcoming...heloo all!
Welcome all of the above to S2

(Free post count upgrade) har har har om nom nom sausage.
Newbie Races
Where should a newbie go to race on line,I fnd LFS pretty challenging after code masters games ,but I want to get into it,also is there a "social" spot on the forum to just exchange ideas about LFS,without getting too techie,I really like the game and forum!

Ron(Old Timer)
Quote from Old Timer :Where should a newbie go to race on line,I fnd LFS pretty challenging after code masters games ,but I want to get into it,also is there a "social" spot on the forum to just exchange ideas about LFS,without getting too techie,I really like the game and forum!

Ron(Old Timer)

maybe you should go to CTRA race 1, pretty good races there
addicted canuck
Hi John
This seems a bit like racing sims anon,I am also an addicted Canadian at Wingham On.glad to meet you ,I like LFS chat.

See Yuh
Ron (Old Timer)
Thanks ,Ill try that(If I can find it)
OMG U calling CTRA 1 a begginer place, im still coming around 10th out of 15 drivers!

Welcome Ron!!
Hey guys,

Actually I'm not really new.
I started playing lfs demo back in December 2002.
The game was NOTHING compared to what it is now.
I started as a big newbie having NASCAR driver names.
At that time it was the best game I had ever played.
I firstly drove with the XFG because I did not know that if I put my game on PRO I would receive more credits online.
After a short while I started to learn this game and got addicted to it.

What I always found very funny was the bug in the vangrail in the first chicane at blackwood.
And also back then we had a very cool piece of track after the pits on Blackwood, you could jump really high on that.
What was really cool is that there was a moving tyre barrier which you had NEVER seen before in any game.
Also moving objects such as the banners next to the road, they also moved after hitting.

After some months I started my team, which is still alive nowadays.
At that time it was called *ROCK*.
We had many members, I will never forget guys like:
Nabz, Pikaflex, Thomas, Edvis and many others from around the world.
At some time we even had 20 members, which was really big for that time.
Nabz made us some skins, which was really cool.
We had 2 skins for the XRT and 1 for the XFG, which I used for years after that.
After playing for long time, without actually updating, I stopped playing LFS.
(At that time it was around August 2004)

But begin 2005 I was back, I was playing with Edvis & Thomas again.
(2 Lithuanian friends of me which where really good racers)
After playing for a long while and having several members I heard that there was comming a S2 version.
It would have much better physics and better graphics.
I was soooo happy, and couldn't wait like always.

When it was there I shocked of happyness, there where sooooo MANY new features, such as:
Damage, Driver in Car, Real Windows, Better Tyre Physics, Better Steeringwheels, MUCH better graphics, MUCH more tracks, MUCH more cars with great physics, etc.

But I didn't have the money to buy a S2 account.
After long time enjoying the demo with many guys, *ROCK* grow into a big clan.
But after a while people stopped playing LFS, which really dissapointed me.
Then a good friend of me borrowed me his account, he was going on a big study trip, and knew I wanted to drive the cars really badly.
I played S2 online for 3 months, but then he came back and I was back to the demo.
I met a really cool guy on F1c called Gerben Bol.
I introduced him to LFS and he joined my team, we gamed really much together.
You might know him as "bose321"
(In the meanwhile it was at the end of 2005)

After I heard that I had to go to a hospital for minimum a half year I shocked.
I couldn't play LFS for a really long time.
Many things happened...
I got to know a girl named Christel.
After having much fun, we found out we both had the same hobby & intrests.
She loved racing just like me, and gamed just like me, she even listened to Rock just like me.

When we where both back from hospital (around september 2006)
We started with LFS, F1 Challenge, & rFactor.
We made 2 mods together, 1 for F1c and 1 for rF.
F1c's mod was based on RH2005, but physicly and graphicly changed.
rF's mod was based on A1GP, but totally changed physics and graphics.

After long gaming with her, the contact got lost.
In the meanwhile I was getting back to LFS, I started my team over again.
I found out that actually nobody was left of the team.
I changed the name of the team to -STH- and started a stunt team.
I met some American guys who joined it, we made many cool stunts and movies.
But sadly those movies where never released and got lost.

After having a short time with -STH-, I got to know some other people joined the team.
I started *ROCK* again, but after a short while changed the name to \../ (known as Team Rock).
I had a co-leader (which I stupidly lost his name)
We saw again a big grow of members, one of those members was a old members back from 2005 called koRn.
(nowadays called Tommy)
I started to know him really good, then the co-leader left the team because he didn't like LFS anymore.
(In the meanwhile 2007 had started)
I was playing long time at demo as usual.

But then my good old friend Bose321 gave me a voucher code for lfs!
Ofcourse I directly used it and got my S2.
After some weeks my account got changed back to demo.
I was really sad about this and I didn't know why.
I found out the bose got the voucher from a guy on lfs.
Which got the voucher code with fraude.

After 2 weeks I wanted S2 back because I was sooo addicted.
I bought S2 myself.
Directly the first day online I met a guy named Overhit, he joined our team and played for a long time.
Then his brother (at that time called N44B) also joined our team.
We played really much, but Tommy did not have S2.
N44B & Overhit stopped playing lfs, N44B gave his account to Tommy.

Tommy and me started recruiting.
We met a guy named AroX.
He had LFS for 2 weeks, we wanted him to join our team so he could grow with us........

(The rest is history)
Quote from rockclan :Hey guys,

Actually I'm not really new.

(The rest is history)

way too much to read
Quote from rockclan :That means that I have a long LFS History

You have 2 accounts then? Cause you joined in March 2007 instead of somewhere far away
Quote from M.vdBroek :You have 2 accounts then? Cause you joined in March 2007 instead of somewhere far away

He was a demo user for a very long time. Demo users didn't need to register in "the olden days" if I remember correctly
Quote from M.vdBroek :You have 2 accounts then? Cause you joined in March 2007 instead of somewhere far away

I registered on the forum since 2005.
I had other accounts, but I registered them on my hacked MSN addres
Hello all,

Been playing S2 online for a couple of days now & gotta say I'm luvin it - just when I thought I was free of all gaming distractions LFS comes along so once again I can kiss goodbye to my family & social life, career, prospects, & health.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions later-on but for the minute I'm still in a state of shock on how rubbish I am & the way other drivers go past me like someone's been messin' with my shifter & put reverse where first gear should be.

Cheers.
Hello everyone, looking forward on this game now, might get S2 soon, but money things are not very good right now. Anyway, I hope to see some great times in Live For Speed with others and have fun.
i am new hi all ^^
Bons jours!

New players say hi here
(3705 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG