The online racing simulator
Quote from Venus :Welcome all of you... lol... lots of new ppls to give the devs more money so we can get S3 out even sooner...

Money has nothing to do with getting stuff sooner. There a 3-4 person team, they still havent even finished S2 what makes you think that more money makes things come faster?

Also welcome everyone to LFS!
just bought S2, whatsuup
Hello to everyone.I have been driving in LFS the last 6 months but 3 days ago I upgraded myself to the S2 license.The game is pretty great!
New here...
Been playing for about a month or two, demo racer of course...

I've found drifting to be quite interesting and decided to take that up in LFS.

Nice to meet you all.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Getting sort of Serious
HadLFS for a log time now.....

Just started seriously looking at going online.....

Have to practice getting the .... out of peoples way.......
Hi, I'm a noob just saying hello. This demo was on my computer when I bought it second hand. I'm beginning to get the hang of it now. I'm thinking of getting s2 but I think my computer may not be fast enough. It's a toshiba laptop I think it's 1.4 ghz, the frame rate avrages around 40 fps, which is quite slow compared to others I have seen on here.

I'm not a regular gamer. Is it worth joining a team when sometimes I may not play for a month? My main interests are drifting and I like racing also but find starts imposible somtimes my frame rate drops so much I cannot control my car.
At last S2 licensed.Happy to be with you guys
Let's have some fun together.
Holy Cow. The game ive been searching for..finally here. Ordered my wheel today, got overnight shipping on a MOMO. buying my S2 license after this post and by tomorrow ill be going crazy. Hello to all cant wait to be racing with you!
Quote from t0xicScissor :Holy Cow. The game ive been searching for..finally here. Ordered my wheel today, got overnight shipping on a MOMO. buying my S2 license after this post and by tomorrow ill be going crazy. Hello to all cant wait to be racing with you!

LOL, you sounded like me when I first stumbled across this sim, since trying this I have bought, GTL, GTR2, Rfactor a G25 and am currently in the process of downloading NetKar Pro (taking bleeding forever). I find LFS my favourite (the others are also fine sims btw).

Anyway welcome to LFS, the online racing is really very, very good and the community is the best I've come across in any game ever.
Quote from eight6er :I'm not a regular gamer. Is it worth joining a team when sometimes I may not play for a month?

In my opinion, no. But that's entirely up to the team you want to join
Man, what a game!!! My friend, and fellow forum member, U4IK ST8, gave me the word on this. I'm so impressed for many reasons.

First of all, it actually runs on my machine. Without a graphics card! My PC was bought for internet access only, yet with only a 2.8 P4 with 512mem and an integrated graphics chip that shares up to 128 of system mem, I can run this game at 1024x768x32 at 60hz. I dropped it down to 800x600x16 because I spent the last few years console gaming and that res is on par with the Xbox at 480p. Good enough for me and easy on the machine. Now, THAT is an efficient game engine.

Then there is the fact that once I dusted off the ol Red MOMO wheel from a past period of PC racing, installed and calibrated it within Logitech's Wingman Profiler, all I had to do in-game was select it as my controller, turn the wheel all the way left and right, mash the pedals likewise, and I was good to go. This is the FIRST game I was ever able to do it that easily with. Phenomenal!!

To top it off, there is the easy to use spectator mode. I'm mainly a hot lapper. U4IK can tell you from our days with Project Gotham Racing 2 that I'll run a serious race every now and then, but I quite often would drop back and watch others battle for position. The relatively small number of cars and tracks, and the fact that racing online didn't have much appeal to me, made the price of S2 seem steep, especially for a work in progress. But with the well functioning spectator mode, I was sold. I told U4IK that after all the fun I was having with the demo, and him telling me about all the little well thought out and useful features that come with the full game, I felt obligated to support these 3 individuals for their outstanding efforts. Well done fellas!!! Well done.:wow::clapclap::clapclap:
hi im new here and coz i dont have a card can some one get me s2 and i will pay you plz thankyou
Quote from walexsweet :hi im new here and coz i dont have a card can some one get me s2 and i will pay you plz thankyou

Well, welcome to LFS Demo...

Buy S2 now, there is no telling when S3 will be, a long way yet I reckon. Patch Y is still a long way off.

If you buy S2 then your friends will have to as well if you want to use all the unlocked content.

So far the pricing has been £12 for each increment, ie: S1 = £12, S2 = £12.
To buy S2 now you're looking at £24.
One would assume the pricing would stay the same for S3 but who knows.

and yes, Demo Racers do not get an avatar on the forums.
2 Unlocks a week (i think i get) or a month, you can only use 1 unlock at A TIME A TIME! or it comes up with a message saying USername is already online. But if you hosted a server for only you on your same connection and other people where on the same connection people can use same licence!

Matt
New User
Wanted a better range of cars to drive then offered in GTR2. Found this and played the Demo for about 4 hours and then purchased an S2 license.

I like it!
HEy guys im new to lfs had it for a time but didnt play it now ive its better with a sterring wheel then keyboard so im going to buy a cheap one on ebay Thrustmaster Force Feedback GT.
just got S2 only a demo racer for 3 days some people do it for 2 years <----- wow anyway hi
Hi my name is Dan im from Ireland and i run a car enthusiasts forum called 0-60performance.com and every one of us have the demo! so today i decided to buy a licence! and my god im having fun with all the sideways im doing!

great work and great game! fair play to everyone involved!
I dunno how much of a noob to the game I am. Been playing off-and-on for, umm.. a long time. For simplicity I'll call it a year. Not all that old, or that good, but hey it's a game.

I joined the forums months ago and made a whopping post. Never came back until a couple days ago when I came to adverstise my new team in need of members: RPM Racing.

That's all from me for now!
Hi, I just downloaded LFS Demo over the weekend and have been trying it with my MOMO. I used to play the GP series for quite some time before. I would just like to say that this is a great game from what I have seen from the Demo. Looking to get S2 sometime soon. Probably once I have saved up enough and have got a little better at driving. I also would like to say that the community is excellent and have got lots of help from reading the forums eg configuring wheel, car setups, driving tips. Probably one of the best forums I have been in so far.

Thanks to all and look forward to seeing you on the track.

Forgive me if I suck.:bump:
Hello there! just bought it!

see you guys on the track
Quote from de Souza :Hello there! just bought it!

see you guys on the track

Congratulations, welcome to S2 my man!
Hi, I just bought my S2 licence having played the demo for a couple of weeks. LFS is just the best racing sim I've ever tried for the PC, with stunning feel (even with a gamepad), great visuals even from a modest GX card, and a superb website / forum too. I doubt I'll ever be a great racer (stuck at 1:46 on Aston 3) but it's certainly fun trying to get better.
hello 1 and all,well after many laps on the free track i got a s1 licence and if the racing is cleaner than the demo(obviously) i'll soon be upgrading to s2.played a fair amount of gtr2 and i like to think i'm fair,if you give me room i'll give you it.
see you on the track in front of you

New players say hi here
(3706 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG