The online racing simulator
Hi Tom..
You can pick up an international money order from most banks in the US, these days, and as long as the amount is in £ (GBP), the guys at LFS will accept that. Talk to them at www.liveforspeed.net?page=mailus for instructions on how best and safest to proceed. I would recommend using the extra $5 on sending it recorded delivery, to be absolutely sure it gets there safely

If you really want to pay by US check, one of our US members may be willing to receive a check from you and buy a voucher for you to use. I still have a US account from when I lived your side of the pond, but anything that goes in there is likely to get lovingly spent by my ex wife

The money order route is definitely the best option, IMO, and you're dealing directly with the Devs.. most ideal, really.

Hope that helps
Quote from SamH :Hi Tom..
You can pick up an international money order from most banks in the US, these days, and as long as the amount is in £ (GBP), the guys at LFS will accept that. Talk to them at www.liveforspeed.net?page=mailus for instructions on how best and safest to proceed. I would recommend using the extra $5 on sending it recorded delivery, to be absolutely sure it gets there safely

If you really want to pay by US check, one of our US members may be willing to receive a check from you and buy a voucher for you to use. I still have a US account from when I lived your side of the pond, but anything that goes in there is likely to get lovingly spent by my ex wife

The money order route is definitely the best option, IMO, and you're dealing directly with the Devs.. most ideal, really.

Hope that helps

I could have not asked for a better answer.

Thank you thank you!
Hi
Hello,
Hi everyone,

I'm Sam, I've been a Demo racer for a few weeks now - just recently acquired a PS2-controller / USB port adaptor that allows me to use my 'wheel and pedals with LFS. And I love it
I'm definitely going to upgrade to a licensed copy soon, but do you think I should try out S1 before going into S2? Just wondering what your opinions on that are. Thanks

By the way, my current best lap at Blackwood GPC Forwards is 1'36.10 in the XFG, using the race_s setup (the only change being less powerful brakes, as my pedals are not analogue when used through the PC).

DE
Quote from Dark Elite :
I'm definitely going to upgrade to a licensed copy soon, but do you think I should try out S1 before going into S2? Just wondering what your opinions on that are. Thanks

I don't think there's a point in going S1 first unless it's a matter of finances or something. S2 has everything that S1 has, plus more. Besides, LFS is all about racing online, and there's much more S2 than S1 players online. So you would miss out on a lot IMO.
Thanks joen, I can see your point - You might catch me on S2 soon, then

One more question. In licensed LFS, do others' skins automatically download to your skins folder, or do you still have to have a copy of the skin placed manually into the folder?

DE
Howdy Gang,

Been lurking for a few days, now. Thought I'd say hello.

I'm a new racer with Green Tavern Racing...

I've been running GT3/GT4 with my mates from there for a few years and finally made the transition to real Sim Racing.

Until I get some more seat time, I'll probably be racing pretty much on our private server, but once I'm comfortable, I'll join the rest of you in some open races.

Cheers!
Welcome

Don't wait, there's plenty of racing to be had. Join the OLFSL (check the leagues subforum) and you're sure to have some great racing.
Hello All LFS'ers

Im new here and probably will always be as my name says . ive had it for about 2 weeks now and am still learning the game. i havent played online util im good enough too
hello I am new my nick name is falcon 71! but my real name is Carlos is a taste to be here in the forum of lfs, so far I am demo and I do a time of 1:34:78 in blackwood gp normal whit XFG , not if somebody interesting him that between a an equipment. and good without further comment a good bye.
PD. sorry my bad english i use the translator of google
noobie4ever - You wouldn't happen to be a member of the Gran Turismo forum GTPlanet with the same username, would you?

DE
Hi!
I just wanted to say hello to everyone...

I started playing the lfs version v demo about two weeks ago, immediately got addicted and ended up purchasing a license. I'm definitely a rookie so I'll just practise by myself for a loooooong time before going online.

Just a quick question;
my wheel only turns 270 degrees total. Will it be a serious drawback for me to advance in the sim?
Quote from peltonabi :I just wanted to say hello to everyone...

I started playing the lfs version v demo about two weeks ago, immediately got addicted and ended up purchasing a license. I'm definitely a rookie so I'll just practise by myself for a loooooong time before going online.

Just a quick question;
my wheel only turns 270 degrees total. Will it be a serious drawback for me to advance in the sim?

Welcome, peltonabi!

You don't have to stay offline for the rest of your life, just practise enough to control the car and stay on track, and then go online. At first, put your main focus on other traffic, and try to learn racecraft rather than hotlapping. No matter how slow you are, there shouldn't be any problems as long as you focus on traffic and let the fast guys through if you're blue flagged. Online racing evolves you LOTS faster than driving alone!!

My steering wheel turns 240 degrees, and I don't think it makes me less competitive.
Quote from Dark Elite :noobie4ever - You wouldn't happen to be a member of the Gran Turismo forum GTPlanet with the same username, would you?

DE

yes, i am part of gtplanet You are the 300mph madman right?
Cool.

Quote from noobie4ever :You are the 300mph madman right?

Yeah, something like that

Hope to catch you in a race sometime, is your racername the same as your username here?

DE
i just got banned and i only say "i just try bought s2" aargh!! HEY MODERATORS.. NOW WHAT??? JUST LOSE ONE LFS PLAYER!
Hello!
howdy doodie !
just saying whats happening! actually i have had lfs since it first came out and have got s1,s2 ect really love it, but up until recently never did the online thing what a blast!! i'm stilling trying to figure set ups out but hey we all get better in time anyway keep tearing the track up!!i'll be way back in you rear view mirror trying to catch up!
i was i was still a newbie (although im a big time noob).. this game has taken over my life, im getting worse at guitar now
****in sweet as game, too addictive, lol!!!
yeah.. i just needed to post this somewhere, not on my team forum coz theyd probly get scared i was leaving im not though just hate the fact its so good..! lol.
yeah. bye lol
Ducky the pecker, you're a n00b!

You can run, but you can't hide! :elefant:
Goddamn arco, your evrwhere!!!!!!!! its not so bad though
oh yea, what if i said i joined mercury! LOL. not a chance for a noob like me though
New player saying hello!
Just wanted to say hello and appologise in advance to anyone online that I may get in the way of as I learn the way it all works

I play most of the racing SIM's and loaded Live for Speed last week and just love the 'feel' of the game compared to most, and I am slowly playing myself into the cars and tracks. I have tried a few online games but need more practice, and I appologise to a few chaps in one of the games I entered where all I seemed to do was get in their way.....so I logged out and hung up my wheel for the day, nothing went right, you know the way it is on occasion.

So hopefully I will start to feature as I play myself in. I have raced cars and track my road car too so I am always looking for the perfect SIM, which I think is still some way off but this one I do like better than most.

Regards
Steve.
hi
I just got S2 Licence and I was wondering can my brother and I play at the same time online (on two computers)
No, that's not possible. The only way you can play with your brother would be via a Local Network (See the End-user license agreement 3.1).

And welcome to LFS .
Hello

Forgot to say hello here

New players say hi here
(3705 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG