The online racing simulator
Quote from Cirozel :Amazed that that there are no S1 servers

Hi, there - congrats on your purchase. Yeah, there are quite few active S1 servers these days compared to S2 servers (which aren't as active as they used to, either).

However, there should be some servers during peak hours. At least Cargame.nl S1 server should be up with a number of active drivers...

Make sure that you've not enabled any filters on the host page (which might somehow filter out populated S1 servers).

Quote :is it possible for S1 players to race in S2 servers if the car/track combo allows it?

As far as I am aware, LFS is built in a such a way that if, on a S2 server, the host configuration is set to match S1 limitation, it WILL work as a S1 server. Therefore, you would be able to join in if a server is setup in a simialr way (S1 cars, tracks etc.).
Quote from Silverracer :Hi, there - congrats on your purchase. Yeah, there are quite few active S1 servers these days compared to S2 servers (which aren't as active as they used to, either).

However, there should be some servers during peak hours. At least Cargame.nl S1 server should be up with a number of active drivers...

Make sure that you've not enabled any filters on the host page (which might somehow filter out populated S1 servers).

As far as I am aware, LFS is built in a such a way that if, on a S2 server, the host configuration is set to match S1 limitation, it WILL work as a S1 server. Therefore, you would be able to join in if a server is setup in a simialr way (S1 cars, tracks etc.).

Thank you for your response, cargame.nl won't allow me to pick other cars besides xfr and xrg i'm not quie sure why but i did find some drift and cruise servers ( not really to my liking i was looking for racing) .

About the way lfs is built, i came across a server with one of the tracks i unlocked (south city i think) and all cars allowed yet it had the s2 mark next to it and would not let me join.

It's too bad that i can't really do anything with my s1 license in multiplayer as i was used to wheel to wheel racing on the clean demo servers for..6 or 7 years now , guess i'll just have to pucker up and go for S2 at some time , my financial situation won't allow me another 12 so fast
The server might have been S2 if all the cars were unlocked (and not just the S1 cars) or another parameter which might have made it S2, even though the track was SO.

From what I hear, cargame.nl S1 (and S2) server are pretty much the only highly populated public racing servers these days. There might be other servers, but they might not be as populated as cargame.nl...

The XFG(XFR?) and XRG might the only two you could drive at first, because it operates on ranking system. Since you don't have much online experience in licensed servers, you will have to start off with these two cars and work your way up the ranks to be able to access other cars... This is a third party restriction put in place by the server owner and NOT something from LFS itself.

I do understand that it is quite dishartening not to find any active servers, but you can try your luck at cargame.nl and work through the ranks... You might be able to learn the S1 tracks using the slow(er) cars, finish races to get points and move up the ranks...
^Thank you, I will try and see how it goes
Hello everyone. I just bought S2 license. I am a bit sad, actually because i love this sim as i am myself a real life kart racer and enthousiast. The problem is there are not enough class dedicated races. Which is worse then the demo version... I only enjoyed drifting... I want to see Uf1 races, lx6 races etc.

Oh, and the tire, and scirocco update....

I will enjoy my stay.

Good luck
Quote from serumlol :Hello everyone. I just bought S2 license. I am a bit sad, actually because i love this sim as i am myself a real life kart racer and enthousiast. The problem is there are not enough class dedicated races. Which is worse then the demo version... I only enjoyed drifting... I want to see Uf1 races, lx6 races etc.

I will enjoy my stay.

Good luck

Congrats, you'll love it.

Browse around, you'll eventually find good servers.

Did you just wish good luck to yourself?
Quote from serumlol :Hello everyone. I just bought S2 license. I am a bit sad, actually because i love this sim as i am myself a real life kart racer and enthousiast. The problem is there are not enough class dedicated races. Which is worse then the demo version... I only enjoyed drifting... I want to see Uf1 races, lx6 races etc.

I will enjoy my stay.

Good luck

Try joining something like absolute-beginners.net, and you will be able to participate in serious races with only fixed models and random tracks.
Yes. Good luck to me.

And good luck for everyone!
Hello
Hi, Everybody I am James from Queens NY, just started LFS, its my first time. Lets see how things unfold, anyhow I am loving it
Hope you enjoy your stay & upgrade to S2.
Bada boom bada bing now you'll drive this f*ckin' thing.

skin not by me
As nice as that skin is, and it is.
New members skins is the last thing they should be thinking about.
Good morning Jazz90! It is always nice to see more Americans getting involved in LFS. With the time shift it can sometimes be difficult to find well populated races during the prime time here in America. I like to drive Formula BMW and hope to see you at the track!
Best Regards,
Wheldon 77
Hi Jazzo, Welcome here
Need a Coach
Hello...

I have been driving S2 for about 5 months. I am focusing on FBM at Blackwood GP. My best laptime is around 1:14.0, but I have not improved in about a month. In fact, my times have been getting worse recently as I may be trying too hard.

Was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me with my driving?

I see a lot of guys driving in the 1:12's. I suspect my setup could improve, but I have used setups from guys running these fast times. More than likely I need coaching on technique (or maybe I just don't have the talent - :shrug

If any of the hot shoes would be willing to help a noob out it would be most appreciated. Since I am in the US, it would be best for someone from the Americas so time shifting is not such a problem, but I know a lot of the fast drivers are European.

I know it is a lot to ask, but I am wanting to get better and have hit a wall.

If anyone would be willing to help, please let me know here or you can email me at joeandgretta@gmail.com

Sincerely,

Joe
Hi Joe!

One idea is that you upload a hot-lap. Both for others to see, and so that you can compare your driving/telemetry with someone who's slightly faster than you.
hey guys im new here!
this is jacob. and i got s2 a week ago. have been practicing the demo for quite some time now but im unable to keep my tempo regular. i dont know which car would be my best companion. any suggestions???
Quote from jacobM :this is jacob. and i got s2 a week ago. have been practicing the demo for quite some time now but im unable to keep my tempo regular. i dont know which car would be my best companion. any suggestions???

Welcome! for start I suggest you XFG, front wheel drive, with underpowered engine. Great to learn something about racing.
Quote from jacobM :this is jacob. and i got s2 a week ago. have been practicing the demo for quite some time now but im unable to keep my tempo regular. i dont know which car would be my best companion. any suggestions???

Where is your S2 user then?

It would avoid you a lot of arguments to use your licensed account.

Anyway, welcome to LFS, I'm sure you'll have fun driving
oh didnt see license status
Hi all

I own a fairly old laptop and was trying to find the most up to date sim racer. To start with I thought that LFS wouldn't work on here, tried the demo and am amazed that it does! Full credit to the guys at LFS for producing a game which can be played on underpowered systems! Guess I should have tried it earlier!

I am impressed by the demo servers. Hopefully soon I'll be more competitive with more practice but in the meantime can someone suggest where I can find players around my level?
Hi the_alchemist! I started on LFS with the same laptop-type setup and I know EXACTLY how you feel!

Anwyay, based on your stats (if you haven't seen them, click on the little stopwatch under your post count), I would say the AA Demo servers are a good place to run some laps and get some good practice

However, practice will get you a few more seconds off your time, but if you happen to be running the default setup, it will be near impossible to get really fast times. So, don't get discouraged if you plateau at one point and can't improve.

If you feel you want to try new setups, go on www.setupgrid.net and download a few there. In the grid find either FBM/XFG/XRG @ BL1 (game codes for the cars, and Blackwood respectively).

Simply download and the file should automatically go to your setup folder, and will be available to you in the game when you go to "Pits"/car setup screen (setups are listed on the top-right corner).

Hope it helps, and happy racing! Always great to have new faces!
Demo Servers
You could also try our Redline Racing Demo servers.

Although many of the drivers there are very fast (in Low 1:33.xx times) we are quite happy to see new drivers and help them when possible.

As long as you read the server rules and keep out of the way of the faster drivers when necessary you should have a good time there.

I am on most evenings (RedlineQuinn) at around 18:30 - 22:00 UK time.

Hello !
Hello there, I started playing LFS long time-ago (2 years)
Lately have been playing much (and I love speed up: fbm@BLACKWOOD is just great)..

Bought S2 this monday, I'm going to get nails into it soon.
Hi all
I was recommended lfs by a friend,this sim is magic, hopefully some good racing to come ! cheers.
Hello all. I am a new member of this wonderful forum and I'm from Saudi Arabia and I play Live for Speed ​​for 5 years but I was playing demo on X10, and two months ago I bought a S2. Nice to meet you all

New players say hi here
(3705 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG