The online racing simulator
Quote from Crash13EvE :Just stopping in to say im new here. hope to race with you all soon, are there any USA teams for beginners?

Why don't u start one and I'll join it.
Hi
Been playing the demo for a time,bought me the s1 to play and have some fun.
hi

my name is vedran. im from germany and born in bosnia. i have been playing the demo and wanted to buy the game but had no wheel. so i dont wanted to take to play with a gamepad. the first day my g25 arrived i bought the game. and i have much fun

are there any seriously amateur teams?
Hai racers,
I am quite late, but OK . I buied S2 license three days ago and i need to say... I LOVE IT! I realy like new tracks, cars and what i like the most, are good racers with skill. I was playing Demo before, but i didnt liked it becouse i always meet some people who was acting like un-matured noobs. See ya on tracks, cya !
Hi, im new to this game too (not demo)
But i hope to my opponents have fun against me and good luck too
Hello everyone. I'm Antonius "ARXINAL" Roderick.
Hi All
Hi All
just logged in,discovered LFS while researching the MOMO wheel ,which I have ordered,Ive played Codemasters games for quite a while but my first impression of LFS , WOW! so I'll be hanging around for a while.
'Bye for now
Ron(Old Timer) This says it all
Hi,

I friend told me about this game. I decided that if I overtake somebody online, I will buy a lisence. I am playing it with Logitech gamepad. It's ok because I have so much driving time from PS2 Gran Turismo.
Quote from pkniemi :Hi,

I friend told me about this game. I decided that if I overtake somebody online, I will buy a lisence. I am playing it with Logitech gamepad. It's ok because I have so much driving time from PS2 Gran Turismo.

hehe yeah did that too.. the hole series (not gt5p though .. its rubbish.. not much new -.-)
Dont know how old u are but driven a real car once the addaption with a wheel like DFP or better (900°) is very easy and gives you more car control.
Hi all, Im new too! Been tooling round on the demo for a little while but finally came online for the first time tonight, the problem being I think I chose a particularly quick server and was well off the pace, then caused a slight problem as a couple of people went into the back of me hard, as they carried more speed into corners I felt safer braking for! I do believe this may have resorted in a ban from one... If anyone recognises my name, I apologise!
Question though... Where should novices practice online racing so as to avoid incidents like I had tonight which adversely affect other, more experienced drivers races? Is there a recognised server for newcomers? A system whereby you can identify the standard before signing up?
As I said Im brand new to this so apologies for any stupid questions....
Cheers,
Matt
I am not particularly new but I never did say hello...

hello
before long...i will be a S2 racer~~~and..welcome!
Quote from matt_cherrington : Is there a recognised server for newcomers? A system whereby you can identify the standard before signing up?
As I said Im brand new to this so apologies for any stupid questions....
Cheers,
Matt

You could try CTRA, but that doesnt reflect fully the skill level there, but its a good server to drive with people who respect others.
Besides that u can always join a grid (shift+J) after everybody else is set, but do it quick before the ligths go green
This way you are set at the last position in the grid and probaly dont disturb someone else

P.S. and welcome in the world of Stage 2 =)
Hey just stopped to say hello to everybody ..
I`m not new to lfs .. I`m just tired of those morons on demo .. there isnt 1 (one) server without a few crashers and idiots who think that they are playing nfs.. anyway I`m just new to s2, I love it and I hope to see you guys on tracks

Alex.
hi,

i am also new in lfs, always people are asking if i have an second account, but i don't know why, maybe i have to buy a second license ? Or do they mean something else ?

thanks for ur help

barra
-
(xenoa) DELETED by xenoa
Hi all!!!

I am an old time racing sim enthusiast, but in the last five years or so I have been a bit busy, so this is a comeback, but it really feels like I am a newbie! So many things have happened, so many new releases!

So here I am, wanting to make up for the lost time!

My setup is a Driving Force Pro (mounted into a Playseat) and a 2 years old notebook hooked to a 32" widescreen CRT TV. That is one of the things I like the most about LFS: you can start very cheaply (only thing I had to pay for was the S2 license).

Right now I am trying to configure the game properly, graphics (runs quit smooth in my notebook, but the TV has a low resolution so I can't pump up the graphics and the text is hard to read), driving camera (in-car), test some mods, etc.

Yesterday I ran my first race (it was a British server, don't remember what), and I finished 4º!!! (but my best lap was 5 seconds slower than the winner). Also, I am having a hard time with the clutch... if the race is too long, I have a tendency of breaking it...

Anyway, I am very happy to be a LFS user!
Quote from Barragan :hi,

i am also new in lfs, always people are asking if i have an second account, but i don't know why, maybe i have to buy a second license ? Or do they mean something else ?

thanks for ur help

barra

Why would they say you have a second account?

Edit: and Welcome
Welcome all.

If you wish to get a start in League Racing, check out the LFS Beginner's Cup, see the 'It's back!' link in my sig or go to the NDR site (also in my sig)
Hello
Hey people, I've been on here a while as a demo user and never got to really know anyone so im just saying hello
Welcome to S2!
wow for the first time a reply to a post.
Ello.. welcome aboard
Hi New to the LFS community
I just bought the game on Friday! Been playing the training session with a mouse and keyboard... My wheel is still with UPS should be here Monday/Tuesday,

I just wanted to say hello and I love to finally find a racing game where the community is very serious about the sim!!
Quote from AMB :Why would they say you have a second account?

Edit: and Welcome

because of this dude, i think u know his name
Barragan is not me if that's what you think, lol

We all know he's not new anyway.

New players say hi here
(3705 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG