The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
There's a new patch for the PC platform in the makes. Read more about it on Tweakers.net.
Erik, could you please post some more details? I can't quite work my way around that site

Or a direct link so I can put it through some crappy translator

Edit: with some poking around blindly, I've menaged to find the article
Quote from kingfag :For the ati people, try the 8.12 beta drivers:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=280709
It fixed the crashes for me and gave a huge performance boost. Not blazing fast, but playable at 1680x1050 (hd3850).

Well it was already playable with 8.11 on 1690x1050 on my 4870. They say that the 8.12 doesnt really have a huge change nor fps
Quote from BlackEye :Erik, could you please post some more details? I can't quite work my way around that site

Or a direct link so I can put it through some crappy translator

Edit: with some poking around blindly, I've managed to find the article

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/571 ... rsie-gta-iv-oplossen.html <- That's the one.

It basically sums up the problems people had with GTA IV so far. And it announces that Rockstar is working on it.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Well it was already playable with 8.11 on 1690x1050 on my 4870. They say that the 8.12 doesnt really have a huge change nor fps

Yeah, besides, i first waiting till i fixed all my probs, then i'll try a new driver. Not really in the mood to download a new driver, aGAIN.
Quote from BlackEye :Is it crappy babel fish translator or does it really say GTA IV doesn't work on 64 bit Win XP?

That's what it says..
Quote from BlackEye :Is it crappy babel fish translator or does it really say GTA IV doesn't work on 64 bit Win XP?

Well, They say that the Windows Live is only available for the 32bit XP version. So that means that you can't probably run it on 64bit. And you need Windows Live to run the game.

E: Belg was eerder.
How much are the windows live and roackstar club tied into the game? Might there be a way in the future to install and play it without installing those or are they used inside the game as well in some form?
The barriers in LFS are nothing, GTA has killer swingsets:

@hyperactive:
I'm not sure if the game works without installing both, but you don't need to be logged in to play offline.
Where can I find that "swingset"?
Quote from kingfag :@hyperactive:
I'm not sure if the game works without installing both, but you don't need to be logged in to play offline.

What I meant was that is it likely to see a nocd alike "patch" which eliminates the need for windows live and rockstarclub. I mean, if they are not used inside the game it is just a matter of registry editing to make the bad stuff go away
Aren't there more swingsets? Like a lot more... Or is it only that one that does it?
Any word on what this video editor is like? I don't even believe it's real, looking at the videos that were meant to have been made using it I just can't see how they have made it workable. I have dreams of making GTA4 versions of The Driver, I even pointlessly practiced stunt driving on the 360 just to show off online.
Quote from Bose321 :i kinda like it. The shadows are kinda wierd though.

They're not that weird if you're used to looking at dance floors after having taken copious amounts of LSD.
Quote from Hyperactive :What I meant was that is it likely to see a nocd alike "patch" which eliminates the need for windows live and rockstarclub. I mean, if they are not used inside the game it is just a matter of registry editing to make the bad stuff go away

GTA4 requires both Rockstar Social Club and GFWL to be installed in order to run, even though you can play it offline. I very much doubt it's just a case of editing the registry - apparently the first few cracked versions on the internet fell into Rockstar's booby traps.

@ G!nho - 8800GT.
According to this thread , GTA IV does work on XP x64. You just need:
- .NET Framework 3.5
- Windows Media Encoder 9 Series x64 Edition
- SP2

And apparently it works on Vista x64 too, so I'll just install that as it's collenting dust on a shelf anyway (in a worst case scenario).

Can someone from here confirm that it does work at least on x64 Vista?
I don't like RAM limit in x32 OS's
Quote from BlackEye :According to this thread , GTA IV does work on XP x64. You just need:
- .NET Framework 3.5
- Windows Media Encoder 9 Series x64 Edition
- SP2

And apparently it works on Vista x64 too, so I'll just install that as it's collenting dust on a shelf anyway (in a worst case scenario).

Can someone from here confirm that it does work at least on x64 Vista?
I don't like RAM limit in x32 systems

Confirmed working on Vista 64 (SP1, btw)
Quote from thisnameistaken :They're not that weird if you're used to looking at dance floors after having taken copious amounts of LSD.

lol. I also fixed my problems Now all i need is some AA I really enjoy the driving in this game, real fun
Quote from Bladerunner :Confirmed working on Vista 64 (SP1, btw)

Thank you very much, sir!

Off I go to order it
I can play GTA 4 for about 30 mins then it crashes to desktop. Last time i got a "ZLIB20" error, but cant find anything regarding that error.
Anybody else a clue?
This thread is great, so far it's boasting about how awesome your PC is, or complaining that the game won't run. Give us some useful details about the new features on the PC!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :This thread is great, so far it's boasting about how awesome your PC is, or complaining that the game won't run. Give us some useful details about the new features on the PC!

It features black water and 15FPS limit!!11!

On my computer that is..

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG