The online racing simulator
mrodgers: Loving those last two shots, excellent post-processing!

Early stages of certain project of mine. Only a simple RAW conversion at this point, so colours and tonality are a bit off.
Quote from mrodgers :So, here are a few more I have had laying around on the hard drive. I was playing a bit with black and white, of which I never did before because back then, my B&W was just boring greyscale conversions. A couple of others with some different PP as well.

Number 2 is the weakest shot for me, but it's all relative because they're all good shots with great PP, and I really like the first and last ones. Lovely.

Quote from SamH :I've not taken many photos in the last month or so. The light just hasn't been good, and the window of opportunity during the day is getting smaller and smaller. I had been looking forward to getting some autumnal photos but I'd forgotten what a pile of pooh the weather is here, by the time November rolls in. There's just no contrast.

Tell me about it. Short days, drizzle, wind, low cloud - the only time it's clear is if I'm at work.
Quote from spankmeyer :

Early stages of certain project of mine. Only a simple RAW conversion at this point, so colours and tonality are a bit off.

And the project is.... getting a new picture to use for your CV?
Quote from jibber :And the project is.... getting a new picture to use for your CV?

Would work well for a professional slaughter house. Or a big cheese from a butchers.
I'm still going through photos. I'm creating a gallery, so I have tons to sort through and upload.

Had a picnic with the kids at the local state park in the Allegheny National Forest here in Pennsylvania. It's beautiful for hikes. Along the path, I came across this little baby sapling with the sun beaming down through a break in the large tree's foliage.

Fuji FinePix S5700, 1/400, f/3.5, ISO400, curves work in PP

And along the same path, I came across this nest, again with the sun beaming down upon it.

Fuji FinePix S5700, 1/250, f/3.5, ISO400, curves work in PP

That's it for me tonight. Though, I have a whole bunch uploaded, but still a bunch to process for the gallery. I'll post the gallery when I'm done.
rabbit again

Quote from jibber :And the project is.... getting a new picture to use for your CV?

Pretty much correct. The final(ish) result is now the main theme on my personal home page at mikkohuotari.com.
Very nice work!
Nice moon tonight.. not quite full, but very bright!
Attached images
DSC_2866.jpg
Quote from SamH :Nice moon tonight.. not quite full, but very bright!

Fantastic picture m8! What Lens you got to be able to take that?
Ta It's a 500mm Nikkor mirror lens, and the pic is a 100% crop, so the moon isn't actually quite as big as that in the frame.
Quote from SamH :Ta It's a 500mm Nikkor mirror lens, and the pic is a 100% crop, so the moon isn't actually quite as big as that in the frame.

Lovely shot, nonetheless. Can tell you live out in the sticks - if I tried a photo like that I'd just get an orange glow!
Quote from SamH :Ta It's a 500mm Nikkor mirror lens, and the pic is a 100% crop, so the moon isn't actually quite as big as that in the frame.

Nice shot Sam! Hard to get a Moon that clear at 100% crop

Here's a few from my archives that I've been digging through lately.
The last one with the Moon and the lightning is one of my favorite shots of all time. Total Lucky Dog shot. I was out to take some shots of the Moon on the lake when a storm moved in:-) I was whooping and talking to myself the whole time the storm came over!! If anyone else had seen me I would have been locked up for sure:-) Such a lucky capture I couldn't believe it!!!
Attached images
_DSC74678x120047.jpg
_DSC90205x7post.jpg
_DSC80824x6radiant.jpg
DSC_54538x12.jpg
Great shot of the moon, Sam. It's always neat to see the different rotations of the moon from folks on the other side of the pond from me. After seeing your post, I ran outside with the tripod, but it was just too cloudy.

Todd, great shots. Love the moon and lightning shot. A great capture. I'm going through archives of photos as well to upload. There's too many, then way too many crap for me to sort through to get anything that's worthy of processing and resizing to bother with, LOL.
#891 - Don
Very nice as usual Don. Especially liking the shot with the focus on the mud flying up.

Very interesting Spangler. Any chance of a little insight on how you're making those?
Quote from beefyman666 :

Very interesting Spangler. Any chance of a little insight on how you're making those?

Thx, read something about 360VR panoramas or spherical panoramas
more rabbits from a stupid rabbit day i had to go to with my gf but gave me an oppotunity to use my 50mm 1.8 lens out door
then some of my 20th when i got the lens

Those are some nice bunnies...
The 50mm ain't the best portrait lens but since short focal lengths tend to exaggerate the nose size... it complements the Azianz nicely.
Quote from spankmeyer :The 50mm ain't the best portrait lens but since short focal lengths tend to exaggerate the nose size... it complements the Azianz nicely.

Yeah, I never liked the 85mm focal length though it was promoted as a portrait lens. 105mm is the perfect portrait focal length IMO. I always loved mine. Since going digi, it's transformed into a 152mm short tele thanks to the 1.5x transposition of the DX format. It's still a very usable lens with a lovely bokeh, and the f/2.8 aperture is a huge bonus. Once I get the FX D3 or the D3x (in around April 2015 at this rate), I'll be happy again
Quote from spankmeyer :The 50mm ain't the best portrait lens but since short focal lengths tend to exaggerate the nose size... it complements the Azianz nicely.

I'm in love with my 50mm 1.8f

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG