The online racing simulator
yeah the Golf mk1 GTI and every other VW after that are over weight and underpowered. You've opened my eyes sir, thank you for your amazing insight.
now run forth and spread the word.
i would love to see the VW Golf MK1 GTi in LFS nice car
To me the Scirocco is gonna be an outdated car by time the next patch is released.
Quote from scoobyrbac :To me the Scirocco is gonna be an outdated car by time the next patch is released.

It will fit right in with the rest of the cars then
Quote from hotmail :well i saw some pic of the golf some where on the internet:
http://www.motorauthority.com/ ... lf_MotorAuthority_001.jpg

and just to fresh your mind up "the scirocco"

http://www.businesscar.co.uk/P ... eb/d/h/r/VW_Sirocco_3.jpg

both have nearly the same front

I'm pretty sure the one of the Golf's a photoshopped image, something in it doesn't look quite right and it's got that "Schulte Design" watermark.

Also, this thing about different models from the same manufacturer looking quite similar, surely's it just down to that manufacturer's certain style - they all have their own image which is often repeated throughout the diferent models. Think of the older BMWs for example - E30 3 series and E34 5 series had very similar front ends, as did the E24 6 series and E21 3 series, and they were all some of the most iconic cars of their respective generations.

Anywhoo, can't wait for this Scirocco to come to LFS, however slow or fast, whatever the handling. Additions to the game are good, end of!
Thats an "artists impression" most likely.

(i.e. lets take a Golf, make it faster and steal the Scirocco lights - job done. PUB TIME!)
Quote from Jakg :Thats an "artists impression" most likely.

(i.e. lets take a Golf, make it faster and steal the Scirocco lights - job done. PUB TIME!)

Here's an official Volkswagen picture of the new Golf GTI.

It looks quite a lot like the 'artists impression', doesn't it?
I was talking about the other pic, actually...
Quote from Sandosxc :I don't understand. Why is VW producing the Sirocco when it looks the same as the golf, and in essence is the same basic car as the golf? It just seems like a waste of time and money for VW.

Same reason why the Scirocco ever existed, or with Ford the Puma (technically same as a Fiesta), I could find other problems but I'm too laizy to do it.
It's just for a different market, reason why we have sedans, stationwagons, SUV's, coupes, convertibles, ...
Quote from hrtburnout :Here's an official Volkswagen picture of the new Golf GTI.

It looks quite a lot like the 'artists impression', doesn't it?

cool, it does. Does the artist have future views on Vdub's?
The only thing wrong with the new GTI is the red grille trim. It's a beautiful car tho.

All car manufacters have the same front on all their cars almost.
Audi A4 is the same front as an A6, A5, Q7 and R8 almost.
Porsche (well that's pretty much explained in it's own name right there)
Mercedes? They all have the big ass grill and everything else suits teh current market climate.
BMW (kidney grilles on EVERYMODEL)
Ford are a tough one they just make random ugly pieces of crap
Vauxhall/Opel have the same fronts on ALL their cars, the only thing that changes is the width, that's pretty much IT!
^^^ same with dodge...
Quote from BlueFlame :The only thing wrong with the new GTI is the red grille trim. It's a beautiful car tho.

Every Golf GTI came with a red grill trim, so that's tradition.
I don't get why they promote it in white. It's a fashion color, but it's already getting a bit old really. White cars can look great, but I prefer a bright green or red one for a change!
Quote from sgt.flippy :I don't get why they promote it in white. It's a fashion color, but it's already getting a bit old really. White cars can look great, but I prefer a bright green or red one for a change!

But it's stylish. Anyway, you can find more pictures here.
Quote from BlueFlame :The only thing wrong with the new GTI is the red grille trim. It's a beautiful car tho.

All car manufacters have the same front on all their cars almost.
Audi A4 is the same front as an A6, A5, Q7 and R8 almost.
Porsche (well that's pretty much explained in it's own name right there)
Mercedes? They all have the big ass grill and everything else suits teh current market climate.
BMW (kidney grilles on EVERYMODEL)
Ford are a tough one they just make random ugly pieces of crap
Vauxhall/Opel have the same fronts on ALL their cars, the only thing that changes is the width, that's pretty much IT!

I think the reason ford is different is because they use other manufacturers cars for their european models. The mondeo is a VW passat the fiesta is a mazda 121 etc.
Quote from eight6er :I think the reason ford is different is because they use other manufacturers cars for their european models. The mondeo is a VW passat the fiesta is a mazda 121 etc.

Mondeo using VW parts? Sorry, I want a reliable source on that. The Mondeo is currently built on the Ford EUCD platform which is shared with the large condom failiure cars, Volvo S80, V20 and XC60. The Ford B3 platform is used for the Fiesta and Ka (IIRC the Mazda3 as well). The Focus platform is shared with the Volvo C30.
Quote from eight6er :I think the reason ford is different is because they use other manufacturers cars for their european models. The mondeo is a VW passat the fiesta is a mazda 121 etc.

There were only two models where the Mazda and the Fiesta were the same, but oh well..
And the new Fiesta has the same platform as the Mazda 3, but Ford changed a few things before putting it under the Fiesta. So the Fiesta handles better than the Mazda.
Yes you see my point, that many european fords are actually only based on other manufacturers models. I do not remember the exact year that the mondeo was a VW, maybe 2005, but I know this from working on crashed cars where I could see behind all the panels and trim and could see the cars are the same, so experience is my source.
Quote from eight6er :Yes you see my point, that many european fords are actually only based on other manufacturers models. I do not remember the exact year that the mondeo was a VW, maybe 2005, but I know this from working on crashed cars where I could see behind all the panels and trim and could see the cars are the same, so experience is my source.

When the Fiesta came out, Ford bought a large part of Mazda, that's why the Mazda was the same.

And I never heard of the Mondeo sharing anything from VW, maybe Bosch items and stuff like that..

Weird only you seem to think Ford used VW parts. Only relation I can find between those two, is the old Galaxy, which was the same as a VW Sharan and Seat Alhambra and that was just to lower production costs..
Cars are more similar so when it comes to using spare parts to repair damaged cars, they can use more, from other car types.
Well get a 2005 modeo and a vw passat and take out the interiors of both and have a look for your self. I think the door handles and even some of the trim and carpet in the boot are the same too. It has been a while since I have worked on these but I am pretty sure they are the same car underneath. Yes the sharan is another example and there are probably more examples through the years. Anyway that is my reason for thinking fords car shapes are not very similar like other makes are.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Cars are more similar so when it comes to using spare parts to repair damaged cars, they can use more, from other car types.

This happens often but, what usually happens is the crash repair shop finds the cheaper parts from another manufacturer and charges you for the expensive part from your own car.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG