The online racing simulator
Quote from chavm481 :...since the lfs (c) expires at end of 2008.

It's quite hard to copyright the future.
Quote from duke_toaster :Who said only one country in Europe with left hand traffic?

There's Alderney, Guernsey, Isle of Man, UK, Republic Of Ireland ... and Cyprus.

Add to that India, Australia, Japan, most of southern Africa ...

Scince when has Guernsey been a country? If you're gonna count them then count the Shetlands, the Isle of Mull, the Isle of Wight and many many more surrounding UK islands. It's a fail. And most of africa drive on the right, my dad's been to ghana and if you watch "long way down" it's plain to see. Fail. Fail.
Quote from chavm481 :the lfs (c) expires at end of 2008.

No it doesn't. That's the starting year of the silly number of years the copyright will be in effect for.
Quote from BlueFlame :Scince when has Guernsey been a country?

They are crown dependancies - but not part of the UK.

Quote : And most of africa drive on the right, my dad's been to ghana and if you watch "long way down" it's plain to see. Fail. Fail.

I was referring to Southern Africa. All of the countries that are in the UN's definition of Southern Africa have left hand traffic.
Quote from duke_toaster :They are crown dependancies - but not part of the UK.

I was referring to Southern Africa. All of the countries that are in the UN's definition of Southern Africa have left hand traffic.

So that means Guernsey have the right to qualify for the world cup or the even the euro? I don't tink sooooo.
Quote from BigPeBe :+ RBR's gravel physics are way much better than what we have in LFS. LFS is great on paved roads, but RallyX physics aren't really that good, car doesn't feel so "connected" to the road and everything is too smooth and easy.

I woldn't say that RBR's gravel physics are much better because there aren't any good ways to compare RBR and LFS. Both have different kind of cars, tyres and tracks.
And I'm not so sure about the connected to the road effect how it should be. When I have driven a real car on gravel, in 100 km/h it doesn't feel to be connected to the road depending how loose the gravel is.
So at this point I couldn't realy say which would be better RBR or LFS at simulating rally driving. Untill we get some comparable rally cars and tracks to the LFS, there no much point of speculating which is better at simulating rally driving.
The new GTI looks uber-hot IMO.

I know this will never happen, but if the is some spare time, put this in with the Scirocco.

Ok, its a concept. But how different can it be?
Quote from askoff :I woldn't say that RBR's gravel physics are much better because there aren't any good ways to compare RBR and LFS. Both have different kind of cars, tyres and tracks.
And I'm not so sure about the connected to the road effect how it should be. When I have driven a real car on gravel, in 100 km/h it doesn't feel to be connected to the road depending how loose the gravel is.
So at this point I couldn't realy say which would be better RBR or LFS at simulating rally driving. Untill we get some comparable rally cars and tracks to the LFS, there no much point of speculating which is better at simulating rally driving.

I have done some nutter driving on gravel and asphalt, RWD fun. On loose gravel the feeling is that the car is "light", but that's not exactly what I meant, can't really explain. Yes, cars are different, but in LFS gravel/sand/grass just doesn't feel right. How car reacts and looses and gets a grip, it all happens in kinda weird way in LFS, it all feels like being in slow-mo or something.
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I tought it might be an interesting read for someone.

//edit: Ooops, it's not the 'Roc, it's the Mk6 Golf Sorry, I was mistaken by the small pictures and I didn't even read the text before posting here, shame on me.
It'll hit 62mph in 7.2 seconds, lol
waiting for new "a"
What's with the latest trend to but the most ugly wheels with rediculously low tires on new cars? It's absolutely hideous. But then, there wasn't a single good looking golf out there after the Mk I anyways...
to me based on looks: Golf>Scirocco
I don't understand. Why is VW producing the Sirocco when it looks the same as the golf, and in essence is the same basic car as the golf? It just seems like a waste of time and money for VW.
its compleatley different and improved.
yea man , you shoud be happy that there is a new car on LFS .... even if it looks like a not so riced-up golf gti
Quote from chavm481 :to me based on looks: Golf>Scirocco

If you are talking about the GTI, +100.
Check the photo's, alot meaner than a golf could ever look, if only we were getting the race version. (cars raced 24hrs of nurburgring earlier in the year.
Attached images
images1.jpg
images.jpg
Quote from Sandosxc :I don't understand. Why is VW producing the Sirocco when it looks the same as the golf, and in essence is the same basic car as the golf? It just seems like a waste of time and money for VW.

a little bit OT...
but that car's basically same everything as the Golf, which means next to zero development cost on anything mechanical (well they did improve on a certain areas and added some extra bits somewhere, but u get the idea), design a new body, and that's basically the same car with a wider appeal. Those that didn't like the Golf might perhaps go for the Scirocco instead.

that's how car manufacturers do business these days...
Scirocco is indeed an improvement over Golf in terms of styling and makes for a half-decent looking hatchback.
Quote from JCTK :a little bit OT...
but that car's basically same everything as the Golf, which means next to zero development cost on anything mechanical (well they did improve on a certain areas and added some extra bits somewhere, but u get the idea), design a new body, and that's basically the same car with a wider appeal. Those that didn't like the Golf might perhaps go for the Scirocco instead.

that's how car manufacturers do business these days...

watch the scirocco 1, looks similar to the golf 1 at the front

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/inde ... etimestamp=20050207110314
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/inde ... etimestamp=20071115235558
that scorocco is about to kill someone!
I hope it wont be like a real VW, over weight and under powered. If it's a gti it might compete with the xf and uf otherwise it will be useless. A fictional car would have been better imo.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG