The online racing simulator
Quote from Sueycide_FD :With that news, my local internet cafe will be running the stream on the new Vizio flat screen

Noice
:elefant:
Looking forward to follow it online. Good luck to everyone taking part
the weather of the race (server) is without wind, right?
yes
any chance of a reserve slot in any class?
I need one more driver in my Team "L2R" for an XFR Car.
Pm if interested.

Just out of curiosity, have the GT2 restrictions been reconsidered? 27% is far, far too much restriction on the XRR. I say this based on the extensive testing that was done for the MoE 2008-09 restrictions.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Just out of curiosity, have the GT2 restrictions been reconsidered? 27% is far, far too much restriction on the XRR. I say this based on the extensive testing that was done for the MoE 2008-09 restrictions.

I considered this myself... and asked via PM while asking some other things...

Just to have it in one post:

16h
FZR = 20%
FXR = 25%
XRR = 27%

MoE
FZR = 20%
FXR = 24%
XRR = 25%
it is too much for a race shorter than 4 hours, but for a race that lasts 16 hours its ok, because the FZR needs much more fuel and so more pitstops.

we tested how fast FZR and XRR are and how long they could drive and with this restriction drivers with about the same skill can end the 16 hours with the same counted laps done
The restrictions for GT-2 stay in the 20-25-27 pattern. After discussing this issue for quite a long time now we think this pattern suits the event best, and is especially fitted to the kyoto gp track.
I have a suggest. There is a rule that says 1 driver per team is allowed in the server race, and the replace drivers can join in the last lap of the teammate, so mine team have poor pcs, we can not race with lfs and ts or something else, would it allows 2 drivers per team??? 1 driver racing and other one watching every 1 hour to know what is happening with his teammate.
hm thats a small problem, because we have just 47 Slots per server. On every server there are 2 Admins and 30 drivers which makes 32, so we have maximum capacity of 15 spectators, so we can't allow 2 Drivers per Team on every server, but we'll discuss, if we could do Exemptions for some Teams.
hmmm yeah, thats what i was thinking too. Guys with slower pcs you can always use Skype its good enough to communicate with 3/4 people over voice.
Quote from Jonas8431 :I have a suggest. There is a rule that says 1 driver per team is allowed in the server race, and the replace drivers can join in the last lap of the teammate, so mine team have poor pcs, we can not race with lfs and ts or something else, would it allows 2 drivers per team??? 1 driver racing and other one watching every 1 hour to know what is happening with his teammate.

One method you can use is have a cell phone prepared to dial the number of the next racer in your rotation. When you want him to enter the server you quickly call him and leave the phone again. He rejects the call and joins the server. This is pretty fast and you don't need TS or similar.

If LFS remote is enabled the next player can also be watching your race at lfsworld, and he can thereby know if you are ok or you just crashed, slowed down your pace because of a puncture or whatever.
Quote from MaKaKaZo :One method you can use is have a cell phone prepared to dial the number of the next racer in your rotation. When you want him to enter the server you quickly call him and leave the phone again. He rejects the call and joins the server. This is pretty fast and you don't need TS or similar.

If LFS remote is enabled the next player can also be watching your race at lfsworld, and he can thereby know if you are ok or you just crashed, slowed down your pace because of a puncture or whatever.

OR you could write sms before your stint with something like "Come on server" and whe you ready to change, like 2 laps left, hit send and wait until he comes
Quote from DevilDare :OR you could write sms before your stint with something like "Come on server" and whe you ready to change, like 2 laps left, hit send and wait until he comes

Well, in our case sending an SMS costs money while calling and rejecting the call doesn't
Quote from MaKaKaZo :One method you can use is have a cell phone prepared to dial the number of the next racer in your rotation. When you want him to enter the server you quickly call him and leave the phone again. He rejects the call and joins the server. This is pretty fast and you don't need TS or similar.

Quote from MaKaKaZo :Well, in our case sending an SMS costs money while calling and rejecting the call doesn't

oh yeah

i was trying to be smart and failed
Quote from commandermas :it is too much for a race shorter than 4 hours, but for a race that lasts 16 hours its ok, because the FZR needs much more fuel and so more pitstops.

we tested how fast FZR and XRR are and how long they could drive and with this restriction drivers with about the same skill can end the 16 hours with the same counted laps done

I have severe doubts about this. The XRR and FZR can run roughly the same distance on tires, so fuel doesn't really enter into the equation. But I guess you'll see once the race is done.
I had to read the 3.3.9 rule twice before I understood it - it didn't quite make sense to me, just a case of english.

I would change it to 3.3.9 In case of a change of drivers the replacing driver may only join the server when the current driver begins the last lap before his stop. After the change the replaced driver has to leave the server immediately.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :I had to read the 3.3.9 rule twice before I understood it - it didn't quite make sense to me, just a case of english.

I would change it to 3.3.9 In case of a change of drivers the replacing driver may only join the server when the current driver begins the last lap before his stop. After the change the replaced driver has to leave the server immediately.

thats just a translating thing will fix it asap
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I have severe doubts about this. The XRR and FZR can run roughly the same distance on tires, so fuel doesn't really enter into the equation. But I guess you'll see once the race is done.

They can run the same disctance on tires, BUT i had a stint of 1hour and 45 minutes and the tires of my XRR were still ok, but my fuel was low. I don't think, that any FZR can run more than 1 hour and 30 mins before his fuel is low.
Quote from commandermas :They can run the same disctance on tires, BUT i had a stint of 1hour and 45 minutes and the tires of my XRR were still ok, but my fuel was low. I don't think, that any FZR can run more than 1 hour and 30 mins before his fuel is low.

Wait a minute! You're talking about GT2 there, aren't you?!? I mean, there's no way you can do a 1 hour 45 minutes stint with a GT1!!!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG