The online racing simulator
Quote from Gil07 :
Another thing, will there be safety car periods during the race?

very good question...
#27 - th84
Quote from Gil07 :Thanks

Another thing, will there be safety car periods during the race?

There were no safety cars in last years race....
this year there won't be any safetycar phases, because we will have more than one server and its a hard thing to have safetycars on every server, that cost exactly the same time.
Yeah, that would make the results unfair, I agree it's impossible to make it work on multiple servers.

Next question How will the server sorting be done? Will we have the classes grouped together or all the cars spread over the servers?
The different cars will be spread over the servers, depending on the qualification times they do. so the fastest of all classes will group on server 1 etc.
cool side effect: the raceaction will be similar on all servers
thats great, so all the novices and slower drivers won't have to be nervous going against faster teams, because i sure was
in the end that doesnt matter, because the opponent you will have to fight is the tracker, and the cars nearby yourself, and these will probably be on a different server,
The final distribution will be decided when we exactly know how many cars are participating in the event. Till then everything is just speculation.
LFSLA will be present, cant wait untill the official race start.

Great event by the way
looks really professional for now lets see what will come.

Team Inferno signed up with 2 Teams.
#35 - Dru
08.00pm doesn't exist..... much better to put either 08.00 for MORNING or 20.00 for evening
This is gonna be awesome. So is it 4 servers for different skills?
yes most probably its like that
can you start locking the train server please? alot people that arent particpating in the race and or are new keep joining
trainserver 1 will stay open, but trainserver 2 gets a password to find in 16h forum
This si going to be one hex of a race Alias Racing Team probably join

Cant whait til the 25
Does the name/number system in-game work like this? >>> eg. 182 H. Richmond for someone who is driving in a GT-2 car
182 - H. Richmond
thats how the name should be for GT2 drivers
Oh yeah! CoRe Racing will bring 3 cars!
that's very nice
Quote from banshee56 :Oh yeah! CoRe Racing will bring 3 cars!

i just saw 5 teams pull out on that note
#47 - Nobo
oO it'll be impossible to defend our title ...great to see a much bigger and better grid this year ! Really looking forward to this event...i'll stop my lfs-break for that
Quote from Nobo :oO it'll be impossible to defend our title ...great to see a much bigger and better grid this year ! Really looking forward to this event...i'll stop my lfs-break for that

we will see. as we all know the race lasts 16 hours, and during this period a lot of unexpected things can happen. of course there are many well known teams which signed up for the event, but all of them may face problems we all cant see right now.

actual signup status:
GT-1 38/40
GT-2 19/40
N-GT 13/40
sum: 70/120
Seems to me that teams having multiple cars in a single class is a bit unfair, given the high demand for GT1 spots.
We had in mind not to limit teams who want to participate with more than 1 car in a class. I wrote it earlier in this thread that the bigger teams shall not overdo with signups to give smaller teams also the opportunity to sign up in the bigger classes. In past events the limits of the classes were never reached that fast, and so we never were in the situation to close a class because of reaching the slots limit and/or have to reject teams participations.
We will discuss this asap and see how to handle this problem.

To be honest.. the sign ups are way beyond our expectations.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG