The online racing simulator
I'm very interested in taking part in this race, sounds great But I have a couple of questions.

1) I assume that teams of 1 are allowed?

2) I'm scheduled to be racing in a GP for me RFR team on that night on Trackmania - which I really can't mid before I'm an admin of that team - but this would mean I would need to sit in the garage for just over an hour. Would this be allowed? Of course when I'm racing I wouldn't go out intentionally getting time penalties, I'm not that sort of guy.

I don't want to be there to get the best result, I want to be there for the satisfaction of finishing the race as a one-man team cleanly and have a good time
If you (or anyone else) doesn't want to run as a one-man team then I'm free and need a team-mate (or two)!
Quote from Scott_Michaels :If you (or anyone else) doesn't want to run as a one-man team then I'm free and need a team-mate (or two)!

Id be interested in running this event also, maybe we could join forces? GT2 or N-GT, don't think im up to the standard to run with the big boys in the GT1s
Quote from steven_martin :I'm very interested in taking part in this race, sounds great But I have a couple of questions.

2) I'm scheduled to be racing in a GP for me RFR team on that night on Trackmania - which I really can't mid before I'm an admin of that team - but this would mean I would need to sit in the garage for just over an hour. Would this be allowed? Of course when I'm racing I wouldn't go out intentionally getting time penalties, I'm not that sort of guy.

I don't want to be there to get the best result, I want to be there for the satisfaction of finishing the race as a one-man team cleanly and have a good time

Looking at your stats, you've only spent more than 1hr in 1 combo, none are particularly impressive to say the least, and your saying your going to sit through 16 hours straight, 10pm saturday to 4pm sunday (i think), all by yourself?
oh, and its so important you want to park the car while you go off and play track bloody mania?? heavens above.
Its hard work sitting and staying completely focused on racing for 1hr, let alone 16hr straight. You may have raced on LFS in public servers for a few hours, but without the breaks in between to take a moment for yourself, its completely different. You might not be fussed about being the fastest and your lap time dropping as each hour passes, but the people your bumping into and the mistakes you make on the track due to fatigue will only piss people off.
Your not capable of it, i bet that at most 0.01% of LFS folks are, and your definately not one of them. Try it sometime, 2hrs in any car you like, without making silly mistakes and keeping the lap-times fairly stable.

Register on the series forum, and look on there for teams who are in need of drivers to help, and maybe if your serious about doing the race you'll get some practice in and people would consider using you, but your in serious denial if you think you can do a 16hr race all by yourself without seriously being a risk to everyone else involved in that server, and the fact that you cant even be there for all 16hrs shows your not really committed to it, let alone ready or able. You'd have to admit it's rather selfish to want to compete on your own regardless of how it'd be for others in the server with you, and whether you quite realise that or not, its what your asking for, and that opinion goes for anyone, n00bs and pro's alike. This is an ideal race to get some endurance experience, but 1-man teams would be crazy and i'd guarantee you'd either get bored or DSQ/banned within about 4-6hrs, but i highly doubt you'd get in as a 1 man team to begin with because of the reasons ive mentioned. As i said, if you want to take part find 2-3 others to drive with, anything less with your experience is a little stupid & kinda selfish IMO.
Quote from PaulC2K :Looking at your stats, you've only spent more than 1hr in 1 combo, none are particularly impressive to say the least, and your saying your going to sit through 16 hours straight, 10pm saturday to 4pm sunday (i think), all by yourself?
oh, and its so important you want to park the car while you go off and play track bloody mania?? heavens above.
Its hard work sitting and staying completely focused on racing for 1hr, let alone 16hr straight. You may have raced on LFS in public servers for a few hours, but without the breaks in between to take a moment for yourself, its completely different. You might not be fussed about being the fastest and your lap time dropping as each hour passes, but the people your bumping into and the mistakes you make on the track due to fatigue will only piss people off.
Your not capable of it, i bet that at most 0.01% of LFS folks are, and your definately not one of them. Try it sometime, 2hrs in any car you like, without making silly mistakes and keeping the lap-times fairly stable.

Register on the series forum, and look on there for teams who are in need of drivers to help, and maybe if your serious about doing the race you'll get some practice in and people would consider using you, but your in serious denial if you think you can do a 16hr race all by yourself without seriously being a risk to everyone else involved in that server, and the fact that you cant even be there for all 16hrs shows your not really committed to it, let alone ready or able. You'd have to admit it's rather selfish to want to compete on your own regardless of how it'd be for others in the server with you, and whether you quite realise that or not, its what your asking for, and that opinion goes for anyone, n00bs and pro's alike. This is an ideal race to get some endurance experience, but 1-man teams would be crazy and i'd guarantee you'd either get bored or DSQ/banned within about 4-6hrs, but i highly doubt you'd get in as a 1 man team to begin with because of the reasons ive mentioned. As i said, if you want to take part find 2-3 others to drive with, anything less with your experience is a little stupid & kinda selfish IMO.

Right, I get the message. Oh well, thanks anyway.
#106 - CSF
Quote from steven_martin :I'm very interested in taking part in this race, sounds great But I have a couple of questions.

Oh god Steve... you were SERIOUS?!
I did a 10 hour stint in SCGT once in a 24hour race only because i didnt trust the AI with the race. but stupid me didnt eat the morning of the race, so that was a factor too.
Tbh Paul, your going ott with it. I agree he probably wouldn't be able to do it. But afaik this isn't a big super important race. It's a chance for people of all levels to experience endurance racing. Take yourself back to april last year in the 24hr race where i think SK|Husky did that race by himself with a 6hr break.

I dont have a problem with it because he would most likely be on a lower server. Thats the point in spreading the field in levels of ability, as i'm guessing will be done.
Make sure you plug your fridge in next to your computer next time
Quote from BenjiMC :Tbh Paul, your going ott with it. I agree he probably wouldn't be able to do it. But afaik this isn't a big super important race. It's a chance for people of all levels to experience endurance racing. Take yourself back to april last year in the 24hr race where i think SK|Husky did that race by himself with a 6hr break.

I dont have a problem with it because he would most likely be on a lower server. Thats the point in spreading the field in levels of ability, as i'm guessing will be done.

IIRC he did it on the 1 machine/account, but 2 drivers.

So your agreeing that he's not ready, but as long as he doesnt ruin races for the fast folks its ok? I know your not saying sod the little people they're not important, but its kinda what would happen if he raced. Infact thats probably wrong as tbh i doubt he'd do more than 3hrs before giving up, he'd do an hour, wreck the car a few times, get frustraited and decide he's got other things he'd rather do than drive round and round for 16hrs.

What i'd rather see is someone who wants to race actually fully appreciate what is involved, think about the situation of what he has to do for himself and for the other people involved, and that goes for n00bs and pr0s alike.
Its a sensible peice of advice for ANYONE which will ensure that they dont ruin other peoples races because they underestimate the difficulty of racing with constantly deteriorating focus, especially if moral gets low after a mistake or 2 and they just decide to give up, when had they properly thought about it they could have done it with a couple of others and been there for each other and got through it all and got something from it.

IMO its better to be straight with people, and let the people who want to compete do so in a way thats managable to them, rather than just play pretend and kid people into thinking its a peice of cake and despite the lack of experience at any 1 combo or LFS in general, they'll cope with the demands of driving at any safe rate after a couple of hours of going round and round.
If he really wants to drive 15 of 16hrs on his own, as opposed to finding a couple of other like-minded individuals who'd love to take part in something like this doing say 2hr stints with 2 other people and working together to be prepared and upto speed for the event, then theres nothing to stop him trying to sign up, but IMO its better that people warn him of whats involved than play nice and allow them to mislead themself into thinking its sensible.
If someone who'd just started cycling to work each day said they wanted to do the tour de france, you wouldnt argue that Lance Armstrong etc has done it so why not, you'd suggest they actually think about what they're saying and whats involved rather than let them turn up at the first stage, get to the first hill and think f*ck me this isnt as easy as it seems and give up because they're expectations were nothing like the reality of it.

It seems to me too many people are concerned about possibly upsetting others with the truth, or worse, being seen to be mr meanie by highlighting that reality, rather than trying to help them acheive what they're aiming for and just play along and allow them to mislead themselves. Surely its better to help them than play along and let them ruin things for themselves and others as a result of what's fairly obvious.
Look, I already accepted what you said and therefore decided against racing. I didn't want to start an argument or anything...
Quote from steven_martin :Look, I already accepted what you said and therefore decided against racing. I didn't want to start an argument or anything...

Was i talking to you??

Im trying to explain why its better to be straight with people, rather than letting people make avoidable mistakes which impact other peoples races, theres no arguements.
i kno he probably isn't ready. I said that, my point is, afaik this isn't such a serious race. It's no MoE or IGTC, and it's no tour de france. It's more like the london marathon. I see it as a challenge that he set himself, or many other people might of done. Although i do also understand your point of concentration.
Quote from BenjiMC :i kno he probably isn't ready. I said that, my point is, afaik this isn't such a serious race. It's no MoE or IGTC, and it's no tour de france. It's more like the london marathon. I see it as a challenge that he set himself, or many other people might of done. Although i do also understand your point of concentration.

I know my teammates and I are going to be looking at this one very seriously as it's our first major team event besides the 12hr of Aston. I don't know how much of a reputation it has vs the well known reputation of MoE and IGTC, however it seems very well put together and every event/league has to start somewhere. Just take my Head-to-Head league for example - 14 events and now we are getting 24 people show up to the events including teams like CoRe, n00bs, SonicRealms Racing and some other well respected teams. It's all in how the competitors act. I'm not saying any input on the above issues, but am voicing my opinion that this is a very serious event to my team.
I'm not saying it's a noob race. I mean it's a fun event. It gives opportunities to teams which otherwise wouldn't do an event like this. It gives opporunities to people who want to challenge themselves and push the boat out a bit.
ive signed up a team can i see my team on the lists?
i edited my post "Lanslide-R" from FXR to FZR couple days ago. change plox.
the final lineup with all the cars will be done after the teams-confirmation deadline which is in the 1st week of october.

This is the time when all the teams/cars/drivers will be listed finally. till then you can edit your subscribtions as much as you want, we dont look through all the posts every day. The actual important part which is the number of free slots- is updated regulary
Hello folks,

Im glad to tell you some very good news about the upcoming 16 hours event. Today we have finalised a really head ache causing issue, because we received the confirmation from Game-TV to broadcast the whole race via livestream. The stream will be moderated by the Game-TV moderators for 4 hours from the start and for another 4 hours to the finish. Through the (european) night the stream will run without any commentary. We are very glad to have this strong partner on our side.

The next thing i want to tell you, is that the signups are near completion, there are only 5 slots left in the N-GT class. So from todays view all the 4 servers will be filled up properly.
Quote from SRR Marty :Hello folks,

Im glad to tell you some very good news about the upcoming 16 hours event. Today we have finalised a really head ache causing issue, because we received the confirmation from Game-TV to broadcast the whole race via livestream. The stream will be moderated by the Game-TV moderators for 4 hours from the start and for another 4 hours to the finish. Through the (european) night the stream will run without any commentary. We are very glad to have this strong partner on our side.

The next thing i want to tell you, is that the signups are near completion, there are only 5 slots left in the N-GT class. So from todays view all the 4 servers will be filled up properly.

Excellent! I've always wanted to actually be commentated on, not just commentate on everybody else

How are they going to deal with there being three servers?
there will be switching through the servers during the race. i guess this will be ad hoc decisions depending on the action occuring on the servers.
I am looking for 2 drivers for an XFR car.
If you're interested please PM.
Thnx
Quote from SRR Marty :Hello folks,

With that news, my local internet cafe will be running the stream on the new Vizio flat screen
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG