The online racing simulator
Quote from MaKaKaZo :Wait a minute! You're talking about GT2 there, aren't you?!? I mean, there's no way you can do a 1 hour 45 minutes stint with a GT1!!!

Yes, GT2, they started talking about restrictions for GT2
haha gutted more?
we are talking about the restrictionsystem and so we are automaticly talking about the GT2 :-D
FZR GT2 can do about 1hour 10mins, and that's pure max, if driver is very pro and smooth with tires, if not it's shorter for 5 mins at least... it's not about fuel, it's about tires...
i've got no info for XRR, but i'm sure it's pretty much the same.
I dunno what the hell kind of setup you're running to get 1:45 out of a set of tires. Never seen anything like that. Not in MoE last year, for certain.

1:20, maybe.

Proof's in the pudding... last year we had a large XRR majority in MoE GT2 (10 of 15 teams), with 20/23/25 restrictions. This year, with 20/24/25, and the new Z patch, we have a large FZR majority (between 8 and 10 out of 12). The teams know what's up.

FZR is gonna run away with this race.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I dunno what the hell kind of setup you're running to get 1:45 out of a set of tires. Never seen anything like that. Not in MoE last year, for certain.

1:20, maybe.

Proof's in the pudding... last year we had a large XRR majority in MoE GT2 (10 of 15 teams), with 20/23/25 restrictions. This year, with 20/24/25, and the new Z patch, we have a large FZR majority (between 8 and 10 out of 12). The teams know what's up.

FZR is gonna run away with this race.

How many of the GT2 teams with 2 cars ran the FZR in GT1 class? ZERO
Why is this relevent? Because the FZR was the fastest car then too, and yet their team chose NOT to use it, not to use the fastest car of the field and instead go with one that was around the same pace but easier to drive.

Still, your guys dont seem to be able to manage the FZR in GT1 or GT2 so its hardly suprising you want the XRR to be just as fast despite it being harder to drive consistantly. You cant tell me your driving the XRR cos its faster, your driving it cos you cant drive the FZR as quickly, which doesnt mean the FZR should be slowed down so it goes the same speed as an easier car.
CoRe is driving the XRR because all of our drivers are familiar with it, while not all are familiar with the FZR. If we had the time to learn it in the next week, we'd very likely be switching to it.

I'm having a hard time sorting out the implcations of your post. You're implying that Merc chose the XRR in GT1 last year because it was easier to drive than the FZR? Furthermore, you think it's easier to drive now? Might wanna ask Ray about his opinion on that one.

Anyway, none of this has anything to do with the 16hr GT2 restrictions, which is the real issue in debate here. Are you saying that the 27% restriction is a) compensation for the XRR being easier to drive than the FZR, b) the right restriction to balance it in terms of pace with the FZR, or c) something else entirely?

edit: And there were only two teams who ran both classes in the last MoE season: Merc and Cyber (who only ran the last few GT2 races). Hardly a representative sample for whatever point it is that you're trying to make.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :CoRe is driving the XRR because all of our drivers are familiar with it, while not all are familiar with the FZR. If we had the time to learn it in the next week, we'd very likely be switching to it.

I'm having a hard time sorting out the implcations of your post. You're implying that Merc chose the XRR in GT1 last year because it was easier to drive than the FZR? Furthermore, you think it's easier to drive now? Might wanna ask Ray about his opinion on that one.

Anyway, none of this has anything to do with the 16hr GT2 restrictions, which is the real issue in debate here. Are you saying that the 27% restriction is a) compensation for the XRR being easier to drive than the FZR, b) the right restriction to balance it in terms of pace with the FZR, or c) something else entirely?

edit: And there were only two teams who ran both classes in the last MoE season: Merc and Cyber (who only ran the last few GT2 races). Hardly a representative sample for whatever point it is that you're trying to make.

LOL, You have a certain knack for not getting what im saying, and then interpreting it in a way nothing like ive suggested. Some might even begin to think its intentional

Lets cut the crap ey DWB, 1wk is bull and you know it, the reason your using the XRR in everything is because you wont switch, nobody is forcing you to drive anything, you drive whatever you feel will get you the best possible results. Your driving the XRR for 1 of 2 reasons, anything else is either highly unlikely or more bull to distort the 2 reasons im suggesting.
1) You allowed your IGTC car selection to influence what you'd be driving between seasons, and rather than start IGTC with the FZR and use that to learn and pick up experience you played it safe, good old safe. XRR comes out, another season goes by and you learn much you didnt already know from MoE, and when that starts you either start that in a unfamiliar car or you play it safe, good old safe.... and thats when you get into the 'CoRe Loop' where you risk seasons in the big events for the sake of a shot at a title in a comparatively inferior event.
2) You guys cant drive the FZR, either due to lack of confidence or its too much to drive at its limits. I cant drive it well, but i'll admit im crap and i'd drive something im more comfortable with.

#1 has some promise, but #2 certainly seems to be growing in terms of credability as you've signed up for another GT2 car and despite it carrying 2% more restriction than what you claim is fair in MoE, you STILL selected it! You knew what you were signing up to, you cant be that stupid, and yet now you've popped up with hysterical ranting about how the 'FZR is gonna run away with this race'.

Your now suggesting we should be discussing the 16h balancing, and not the MoE ones after you've conveniently brought up the shift of numbers from XRR to FZR this season. You conveniently ignore the fact that these are numbers YOU have helped create, and that your influence was behind the reason the XRR was the car of choice, could it possibly be because last season they were so badly balanced that nobody was stupid enough to drive the FZR because you'd overly penalised it?
As an admin of MoE involved in the balancing which devalues the FZR compared to its rivals, whilst racing for a team which just loves its XRR. Its cynical, but evidence seems to mounting which doesnt deny it, and now here you are for a series you dont control and your giving misleading info to try and change the rules you agreed to in your favour.

Most people with an ounce of common sense would leave a car they're more familiar with and select what they feel will get them the best results, taking as many things into account as possible, and make an educated selection. What they dont do is make a decision based on the only car they can drive and then request that the rules be changed to benefit them. If that means driving in the XRR then thats your choice, if its the FZR then great, but making your choice and then trying to influence the agreed balancing in your favour is rather lame is it not?

So lets quit pretending you dont know what im actually saying, skip the bit where you conveniently take my comments out of context to say something else and just cut to the chase. Either you cant drive the FZR competitively enough and want this series to cater to your needs too, or your daft enough to let a lesser series ruin your chances in a far bigger series... and now you want this series to cater to your needs too.

p.s the standard of education in the US must be really poor if you cant properly read a post or corrently count the number of teams who had 2 cars in MoE last season.
There were 3 for your information, Mercury, ZWR who had 2 cars in rnd1 and just the GT2 for rnd2 iirc. Theres also the matter of a team you may be unfamiliar with, 'CoRe Racing GT1' (remember them?) but we'll ignore that, ironically it was a FZR entry you decided to pull before you'd even started the race... dont tell me, was there only 1wk to get familiar with it?

lastly:
1) obviously, if that wasnt blatently obvious you clearly wouldnt understand the idea behind balancing (i havent ruled that out yet)
2) Who knows, but forgive me if i dont value your opinions too highly on such matters, as track record suggests either your MoE team are bias, useless, or dont understand what balancing is about if the easier cars are overly assisted and the harder cars are effectively frowned upon
3) U probably know the answer to that already.
edit: decided to PM instead.
To the race admins, sorry for my part in crapping up your thread. I had a complaint to voice about the balancing, and Paul decided to make it a personal argument, as is his way of doing things.

Obviously, the balancing is up to you. I just thought I'd offer some perspective from a series that has done more than a year of GT2 competition.

See you in the race.
See you there

A stupid question, does the skin has to be of a specific color ? like Green for GT1 and that
Hmmmm...

Submitting drivers at the moment... and I see only 4 can be signed up.
No reserves no nothing...

It is very long time until the race, 20days.
No one is really sure who can drive this race, and 4 drivers over 16hours is... 4hours for one driver.

In previous 12h MoE race, admins decided to put 2 more driver spots, so 6 drivers can drive.

I really suggest that you do at least the same, if not even more.

my 5 cents
pff, 4 hours is nothing. we had to do 5 hours in the 12hr
Quote from BenjiMC :pff, 4 hours is nothing. we had to do 5 hours in the 12hr

Same here, 2 of our GT1 drivers had to do 5 hours due to connection problems.
you end up without an ass... or at least without hole for being sit at a chair
hmm, yeah i guess 5 people would be dead on, 6 too much.
Well as I understand, this should be more of a fun event than die hard battle, as I see there will be a lot of endurance/multiclass unexperienced drivers...
So why not let more people drive? Classes are pretty much full and there were some who wanted to be part of it...
Can't believe i've missed the sign up date, it sounds amazing!
Quote from robybobey :Can't believe i've missed the sign up date, it sounds amazing!

you can sign into the waiting list with good chances to pick a slot...if your still interested
3 days ago the deadline for confirming participation, sending the used skins and announcing the driver lineups has passed. As we have expected not all the teams took this date, or rejected their cars. So over all approximately 10-15 carslots now have become free. An exact listing will be announced within the next couple of days, so that new teams can take position of these slots. The teams who signed into the waiting list will have the right for the slot prior to new signups. Please note to announce the driver who will drive the qualification until October 15th (which is in 1 week).

We also offer you a trackside ad-pack for Kyoto, which puts the circuit into an event track. For this you have to copy the *.jpg files into the pic folder and the *.dds file into the dds folder of your LFS installation. Dont forget to backup your original files before. On top of this we put a individually made camera layout for the TV Director software v0.3.

Because of their participation in the GT-1 class of the latest Masters of Endurance race, which took place lately on Kyoto GP long as well, the Team F1RST Racing wants to share with us their setup for the FZR, which proved its value in the 12 hr race. More to come about this soon.

all downloads are available in the 16hours forum
Is that for GT1 or GT2 etc....?
No, Jack, not the setup. The free sign up slots.
the sum of all classes. how many slots in each class got free will be announced in the next couple of days
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG