The online racing simulator
Quote from STROBE :
Very nice pics Highsider - are up sure there's no PPing going on there? The colours look strangely atmospheric, or was it just due to some excellent light?

Absolutely no PP whatsoever. I cropped one or two Pics but haven't uploadet them here.
Fiddling with the Cameras whitebalance, a very bright day and very short exposures led to that results. I would upload a few Pictures straight from the Camera but unfortunatly they are too big.
A few piccies from Duxford Museum and one from Thaxted
Attached images
AAM.jpg
Fedex.jpg
French Aircraft.jpg
Mary Alice.jpg
Very nice! About time DoN gets himself some competition

Photos are a bit wide. There are people in this world who like to waste company time and extend their lunch breaks surfing photo sites on the net, but are stuck with junk 1024x768 desktop resolutions....
Quote from mrodgers :There are people in this world who like to waste company time and extend their lunch breaks surfing photo sites on the net, but are stuck with junk 1024x768 desktop resolutions....

There are still lots of people who use such resolutions, yep. This is why you should resize pictures, to something around 700 pixels wide, when posting them on the web.
#633 - Don
and then there are people who use some bigger resolution and prefer looking at nice big photos instead of some thumbnails
For those you can include a link underneath the image, to the big version.
#635 - Don
too much work - both for the one who makes the site as well for the one who browses it - it`s just easiest to scroll down and see the pics at proper res
Basically i agree. Since i use a bigger resolution aswell...

The question is, do you want all people to enjoy and see your work, or just the ones who happen to have a suitable resolution? I for myself can't be bothered to scroll around vertically to see the "whole" picture (if i happen to use another computer with lower resolution). In other words, you are loosing "viewers" with too big resolutions.

I'm a lazy arse aswell, and wouldn't really care for an extra link. I simply post my pictures 700x469, and if somebody really likes it, they will ask for a bigger version anyway.

But of course it's not a rule. It's just a general tip, in case you care for the low res people (hehe).
Whoa, easy people... It was a half hearted attempt at a joke saying that I was just lounging away at work doing nothing on my POS computer....

Pictures on the web is a difficult thing. In one instance, one has to scroll all over the place to see the whole image. In another instance, one has to put a magnifying glass up to the computer screen to see it.

General rule is, if you are posting in a forum, you wouldn't want to use any wider than 700-800 pixels. That is the rules of just about every photography forum I have visited. Personally, if it were a link such as given above, I would go with 1024x768 (or whatever dSLRs do in their ratio), but that's just me. I imagine people aren't using 1900 x whatever resolution on tiny screens, thus fitting a 1024x768 resolution would leave a nice size on any screen.
I gots my first camera.. Finally and it was cheap enough too well 125 yoyo's

It's Casio EX-Z8 8.1 megapixel with a 2.6" "wide" LCD 3x Optical Zoom
Attached images
abug.jpg
Excellent shot!
Hey guys,

I've never really done any photography, but i recently nicked my brothers camera, and tried taking some photos.

I know diddly Squat about cameras, but heres one that looks the same.

Ill attach some photos below. And i sent some of them into Channel 10, TV channel for the weather news segment, and they were shown on TV!
Attached images
Gull.jpg
Pier 1.jpg
Pier 3 ps.jpg
Beach 3.jpg
mmm...tomato..
its good!
Attached images
IMGP8730.JPG
Quote from mickyc30 :Hey guys,

I've never really done any photography, but i recently nicked my brothers camera, and tried taking some photos.

I know diddly Squat about cameras, but heres one that looks the same.

Ill attach some photos below. And i sent some of them into Channel 10, TV channel for the weather news segment, and they were shown on TV!

If you were my brother, I was the owner of a camera like that, and I found out you "nicked" my camera, you would not have been capable of posting those pictures. Full body casts are difficult to work with a computer with.

What I'm trying to say is, those cameras aren't cheap. Make sure you are capable of replacing it if something happens since it's not yours and it doesn't appear you had permission since you "nicked" it.

On that note, the photos are very nice. The benefit to a good camera with manual controls is, you could have played with the shutter speed and gotten the water smooth and soft.
#644 - Don
by nicked, i mean had a go of it whilst he was taking photos lol, i didnt actually steal his camera, i just used it while he was there the whole time.

Edit: what did you think of the photos anyway?
Wow Don, you really know how to get the best out of your camera equipment! I am really impressed!
Rock your socks off
Very cool stuff!

Needs more pit girls, though.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG