The online racing simulator
Quote from N I K I :What engine is in that LFS Scirocco? Maybe first LFS diesel powered car (TDI 2.0 with 170bhp)

I can't remember and can't be bothered trying to dig out the quote but I think its a 200bhp version - which would suggest petrol.
Quote from Chaos :thanks for saying this, made me feel a bit better

Thanks m8 for trying atleast. Hope Devs will change their minds.
Quote from mcintyrej :I can't remember and can't be bothered trying to dig out the quote but I think its a 200bhp version - which would suggest petrol.

noooooooooo
I'm also all for a locked setup and putting it in a class of it's own. Would put much more emphasis on who's the better driver.
Interesting news.

I've been following this new Roc since it was announced, and most of the road tests say it's a cracking drive. Even The Stig likes it ! Apparently it looks a lot better in the metal than it does in the photos....

Still not a proper Roc though
i´ll visit the games convention, too can´t wait to see the scirocco!!
Some of You are saying that LFS is getting boring and You want locked setups(in few months some[or most] of You might get annoyed that You simply cant play with this car's setup)? About Scirocco, well I want deafult setup as real as possible and no restrain in setup options, and of course an option on server site about locked setups(for all cars, not just for VW), that would be fair and good.

So no for locked setup for Scirocco.

Sry for mistakes.
Quote from Mikkomattic :I also think that the setup should be approximated as real as possible and locked. In this game, that'd be a real novelty, and lend authenticity.

This is a good idea IMO, but this specific car can be actually more flexible with setup than current LFS cars in some regards.
Quote :the Adaptive Chassis Control, has three settings (Normal, Sport and Comfort) which alter the steering and suspension settings on the fly.

http://www.webwombat.com.au/mo ... s_reports/vw-scirocco.htm
VW Scirocco forbidden using on rallycross type courses, only road type car.
What about the interior?
Will it use the XFG or the real one?
Anyway, A garage cant do anything, only ppl in it can do
But a locked set car (only tires) would be really GREAT.
Quote from pioneerlv :vw Scirocco Forbidden Using On Rallycross Type Courses, Only Road Type Car.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Quote from Stefani24 :What about the interior?
Will it use the XFG or the real one?
Anyway, A garage cant do anything, only ppl in it can do
But a locked set car (only tires) would be really GREAT.

Of course it would use the real interior. It will (or at least should) be an exact replica of the real thing
ooh we need the v6 when they release it.

Oh and which engine is it?

Petrol
90kW (122hp) TSI engine
- 200Nm of torque. 0-100km/h: 9.7 secs
- Fuel Economy: 6.1L/100km
118kW (160hp) TSI engine
- 240Nm of torque. 0-100km/h: 8.0 secs
- Fuel Economy: 6.5L/100km

147kW (200hp) TSI engine
- 280Nm of torque. 0-100km/h: 7.2 secs
- Fuel Economy: 7.6L/100km
Diesel
103kW (140hp) TDI engine
- 320Nm of torque. 0-100km/h: 9.3 secs
- Fuel Economy: 5.4L/100km

Can we have the 200bhp petrol and th diesel?

The 6-speed DSG (direct shift gearbox) will be offered on the 147kW TSI engine and the TDI diesel engine, and Volkswagen has stated that Scirocco could be one of the first vehicles to use the company's newly developed 7-speed DSG, to be offered on the mid-level 118kW TSI engine.

http://www.webwombat.com.au/mo ... s_reports/vw-scirocco.htm
Quote from Luke.S :ooh we need the v6 when they release it.

Oh and which engine is it?

Petrol
90kW (122hp) TSI engine
- 200Nm of torque. 0-100km/h: 9.7 secs
- Fuel Economy: 6.1L/100km
118kW (160hp) TSI engine
- 240Nm of torque. 0-100km/h: 8.0 secs
- Fuel Economy: 6.5L/100km

147kW (200hp) TSI engine
- 280Nm of torque. 0-100km/h: 7.2 secs
- Fuel Economy: 7.6L/100km

Didn't scawen say that it's 200hp?
yh. It would be nice to have a choice of engines in lfs tho.
Nice, a new car. :P

Would be nice if we also get the 1.4 supercharged/turboed version, as im planning to buy one the beggining of next year, so would be cool to drive on LFS.
i still dont see why everyone wants locked setups.
Quote from Exile R :i still dont see why everyone wants locked setups.

With a funny setup, it wouldn't represent the Scirocco's handling.
Typically, all the cars use a 3 character reference in the game, so what would this vw's be?

VWS? VSC? :S
Seriously - has everyone forgotten how to read all of a sudden?

LFS will have the 200hp engine which is probably Petrol.
Will most likely be the more powerful TSi version i think, as thats the only 200hp one in the range atm i think.
[OT] Why are they putting the brilliant 7-speed DSG into the half-arsed version, while the full spec model only gets a 6-speed DSG??? [/OT]

A choice of engines in LFS would be brilliant, almost like making it into 4 cars! Maybe if the top spec one was in LFS, and the diesel, the rest could be simulated using intake restriction?
Great news! Looking forward to see more about this
And thats not a bad looking car at all.
Hope the interior is something like it would be in real life..
Or even try to do more different than this current lfs cars.
Quote from w126 :This is a good idea IMO, but this specific car can be actually more flexible with setup than current LFS cars in some regards.
Quote :
Quote:
the Adaptive Chassis Control, has three settings (Normal, Sport and Comfort) which alter the steering and suspension settings on the fly.

So your saying that 3 chooseable, pre-programmed settings make the car more tuneable than all the other cars in LFS!?

I, erm, think not.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG