The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :Piquet on soft tyres Q1 1:16.2
Alonso on soft tyres Q2 1:14.9

On the same tyres and config Piquet is 1.3 seconds behind Alonso. Are his days numbered? He has had some OKish races but hasn't had the 'Heikki come back' we saw last year

I think he sucked all year, tbh.
I wouldn't look at GP2. not a huge depth of talent there. Renault need to look long term I think, there are no quick fixes. I suspect Grosjean will make the move to F1 next year, but can't see him setting the world alight.

They need to get brave and invest in some real young talent.
Quote from DevilDare :YAY! Hamilton! Wooooooooooo!

1. L. Hamilton 1:15.666

lol : 666 Hamilton Possesed by the Devil

not to mention, 13th career pole start, and this was all done in germany.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Once again Hamilton manages to make it through a press conference without coming across as a total cock. I think he's really improved his media face since Montreal - seems more himself. Even likable!

How do you know he's more himself? He could be just putting on the good boy charms for the media.

Quote from Intrepid :Renault need to look long term I think, there are no quick fixes. I suspect Grosjean will make the move to F1 next year, but can't see him setting the world alight.

Grosjean can be quick, but he's got a habit of punting other drivers out of the way. He's doesn't race clean.

Perhaps Renault should actually be looking at, erm, Formula Renault for talent? There are quite a number of national championships in Europe, and lots of drivers to choose from.
Quote from samjh :How do you know he's more himself? He could be just putting on the good boy charms for the media.

Grosjean can be quick, but he's got a habit of punting other drivers out of the way. He's doesn't race clean.

Perhaps Renault should actually be looking at, erm, Formula Renault for talent? There are quite a number of national championships in Europe, and lots of drivers to choose from.

Karts without question. We just had 420 KF2/KF3 drivers entering the euro FIA-CIK qualifiers the other week for the final in a few months. 420! It's such a huge concentration of talent. That's where you have to be looking. With all due respect 20 guys in Formula Renault isn't enough, and when cost is SUCH a factor! In karts all the new 'future' stars are RACING EACH OTHER!

Once drivers get to cars the talent gets spread out... F BMW/F Renault/F3/GP2 etc.... and when cost is such a HUGE factor how do you know who really is the best??? Get em when they are young! I don't like seeing so many young drviers leave karting before they get to the top level but from an F1 stand point thats what u gotta do.

Once they invest in a young karter they can bring them through cars gaining experience and knowledge along the way.

Dennis got lucky with Hamilton, but he has already signed up another Junior karter, and Honda have followed. I wouldn't be surprised if they are gearing up their resources for Stevens in several years. All this talk about Button/Rubens for next year... they are just keeping the seat warm Mallaya wants to do the same as well. but he will struggle as India doesn';t really have a proper karting infrastructure at the moment. He has said he intends to bring a young driver through the European karting scene, but it will be tough. Good luck to him though He's obviously knows his stuff

This is where Renault need to invest. There are several EXCELLENT junior karters at the moment that they should be thinking about snapping up now. But do renault have the 'long term' commitment??? HHmm...
"Content only available in certain areas"
#59 - Gizz
i think hikki is under estimated i think once he setles down (seems to be doing that fine) i think next season hamilton will have a hard time keeping him in his #2 spot, just somthing about his driving.. he reminds me of button a lot but with a bit more venom, and i think button would be a title contender if he had the car to do it in..

alonso.... hhmmm im scepticle about the farrari seat.. i carnt see em droping kimi or kimi jacking in, massa?? hhmm possible but 80% no but if there was a seat i really dont think they would go with alonso, plus i think if kimi got wind that they wanted alonso he would walk out, not becasue he is worried of having alonso as a team m8 speed wise he just dont like the man LOL i carnt see them getting on some how...

massa gets a lot of stick imo, last race everyone was sqeeling about his performance, massa is quick and can handle a F1 car , anyone that knows anything about car setup could see as plain as day the car was fubar...
in his interview all he kept saying was "i dont understand" everyone took it as "i was dribbling in my helmet all the way round and making farting noises" it was the car he didint understand, you saw him as time went on leaving the gas untill the car was dead strait and the thing still bit him... make no mistake massa is one of the top drivers...

i hope honda keep button and rubbens and im over the moon that ross brawn is now at honda, and i think that next year will be a LOT diferent maybe not challenging but close to it, im really looking farward to see that unfold...

for its renault that look doomed... unless alonso turns round and says lets get stuck in and sign me up for 3 years and lets get back to wining ways (witch i dont see) renault look screwed big time, i think next year they wil be keeping force india happy unless alonso stays, witch in my opinion would be alsono's best bet, i wouldnt go to farrari for a pension.....

as for quali

nice job by lewis, mclarean seem to have the edge here although im not sure i liked how lewis's car seemed to today seemed a bit twitchy to me, so may not be as strong in the race... hikki's car seemed great looked like it was on rails round there... think massa might cause em some strife on race day ....

kimi has got a job to do and if anyone can he can... i love to see kimi a few places back on the grid, it just seems to light is fire...

prediction

1.hikki
2.massa
3.lewis
4.kimi

or just swap them about a bit

gona be a good one folks
i saw somewhere this week, possible autosport, that part of the problem for some drivers at silverstone was that the "soft" gearchange setting wasn't that "soft". ie its supposed to mimic the process where a driver with a manual clutch feathers the drive in after a gear change to cussion the driven wheels from any sudden load changes which can cause them to break traction, unfortunatly some systems were still banging the change in and releasing the clutch quickly with not enough softening of loads which resulted in drivers loosing control through no fault of their own. one that was mentioned in particular was webber.
can someone post any working stream pls? thx!
Quote from tikshow :can someone post any working stream pls? thx!

Bad idea. Bernie and his cronies take them down pretty quick. I watched a stream linked from this forum during the previous two GPs, but it got taken down.

Do a Google search and you'll find a few. It's just trial and error. I found a good Polish stream. I can't understand what the commentators are saying, except when they mention "Kubica".
#63 - Vain
SpeedTV via TVUplayer (->google) has been working perfectly for years.
However it sometimes lags behind reality by several minutes, so don't check the forum during the ads, or you might read something that your stream didn't yet show.

Vain
Quote from Vain :SpeedTV via TVUplayer (->google) has been working perfectly for years.
However it sometimes lags behind reality by several minutes, so don't check the forum during the ads, or you might read something that your stream didn't yet show.

Vain

I could never get that thing working. It just tries to load the stream, but never shows it.
looks like it's back to channel 10
Hockenheim won't be shown on SpeedTV, so TVU isn't going to help you much.

You can always use the official stream from ITV at http://www.itv-f1.com/VideoLive.aspx
Just use UK proxy if needed.
Quote from Vain :SpeedTV via TVUplayer (->google) has been working perfectly for years.

That and Star Sports via Sopcast (dunno if it is there anymore, the last time I checked it was sometimes on and sometimes off)

Quote from tikshow :can someone post any working stream pls? thx!

Quote from samjh :Bad idea. Bernie and his cronies take them down pretty quick. I watched a stream linked from this forum during the previous two GPs, but it got taken down.

I'll post one then just to be really annoying: http://www.soccer-live.pl/ITVF1/simulcastPlayer_02.swf

or, maybe I'll be even more annoying:
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=14852&part=sports

Check the "media player" ones for direct streams, or get acquainted with different p2p-tv programs
i recently got a new laptop.
but i could not watch live stream from http://stream.ra1kkonen.com/simulcastPlayer_02.swf (it used to work on my old laptop)

i tried firefox, i just got a black screen
i tried IE, it said nevigation cancelled.

can anyone help??
Can't wait for the start! Just moments away!
good start!!!!! Kovi nearly got massa
i realised i can play all live stream videos but just not the ITV one. (simulcastPlayer_02.swf)
does anyone know why??

the starsports commentary is terrible =S
The ITV one is locked for people in the UK only.
Just use UK proxy for your browser.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG