The online racing simulator
[F1 2008] German Grand Prix Discussion *SPOILERS*

Drivers' Points After Round 9:

Constructors' Points After Round 9:

This season has been even more exciting than I had expected. Mclaren seem to have managed to keep up development pace with Ferrari this season and the points tables reflect that. Hamilton is dominating Heikki more than I thought or really would like. Hopefully Kovalainen can turn it around in the second half of the season.

Massa has been more consistent so far compared to last year so Kimi hasn't been able to emerge as the dominant Ferrari driver. The battle between them as the season gets down to the wire should be very interesting. I'd still give it to Räikkönen in the end though. He just seems to have that bit more speed when it really counts. Massa's close though.

Kubica has been a pleasant surprise. He was kind of disappointing in 2007 so I didn't expect such a turnaround. Watching him tear up the circuit and win his first grand prix in person was something I'll never forget. Montreal is a great venue.

The race at Hockenheim seems like it could be interesting. Ferrari were very strong here last time but Mclaren has been very good in the test leading up to this weekend's race. It should be close. Hopefully there's some decent action going into the hairpin.

My personal bets:

Heikki on pole, Kimi 2nd, Lewis 3rd and Massa either 4th or way back because of some problem.

Kimi takes the win, Lewis 2nd, Kubica 3rd.

Anyone here going to the race? Anyone ever been before? What's it like?
Who's your money on this weekend? Chance of rain maybe? I hope it's a good race.
my money is on the Ferraris, mostly Kimi. I am not a fan of them, but i got to accept it, no rain, no game for Mclaren :/
Heikki takes the Pole and wins the race! It's going to have to happen sometime this season!
I miss the old Hockenheim

I think this may be a BMW race, Heidfeld over the past couple of races has been more consistant than most driver, and an each way bet is my on Nick next weekend.
Quote from DevilDare :my money is on the Ferraris, mostly Kimi. I am not a fan of them, but i got to accept it, no rain, no game for Mclaren :/

Good, good... But anything could happen
#6 - samjh
Weather forecast: http://www.qwikcast.com/cgi-bi ... ockenheim%2CDE&unit=c

If the showers continue over the weekend, we can say goodbye to Massa, and hello to Hamilton.

My thoughts for Q:
1. Hamilton
2. Kovi
3. Kimi
(Wildcards: Webber, Kubica)

For R:
1. Hamilton
2. Kubica
3. Heidfeld
(Wildcards: Vettel and Alonso)
Massa will bounce back, im guessing a ferrari domination. Behind them should be Mclaren but with a team like Toyota or Red bull qualified in between.

Then we should have BMW to take off from the mid field in the race.
With no rain:
Massa on pole. With Kimi, Hamilton and Kubica fighting right behind. And then Kovalainen/Alonso/Webber/Trulli. Heidfeld could be either behind all those or fighting for the second place.

To me it looks like the kind of race Kimi likes to win: Ferrari going faster than everybody, then he passes Massa on pit-stops. I'm hoping for a good performance for Heidfeld (read: podium). He needs a good qualify for that though.

With rain:
Hamilton/Alonso/Webber/Kubica fighting for pole. Kimi right behind with Heidfeld and Kovalainen; Massa and Trulli behind those.

Hamilton cruises for a safe win, with BMWs and Ferraris behind (probably mixed). Sutil scores his first point(s).
#9 - samjh
What I think, if its dry, Massa wins. If theres rain, Hamilton wins.
:P
I would laugh if McLaren win this year's championship purely because of how many races it rained at. That would be one up the arse for the FIA.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I would laugh if McLaren win this year's championship purely because of how many races it rained at. That would be one up the arse for the FIA.

So eloquent!
A certain person in the FIA would probably quite enjoy getting one up the arse while surrounded by people speaking German. I hope BMW do well, but I think it will be another Mclaren win in the wet, Hamilton will dominate again, if its dry then Ferrari all the way.
This has nothing specifically to do with this year's German GP, but everytime I look at that circuit map, I cringe and think back to the early '90s GPs with Prost, Senna, Mansell etc thundering through the forest with sparks flying from the undertray.

Bloody Tilke.
Here's my scenario:

It rains and Hamilton wins. Then fia gives Mclaren a penalty for stealing ferrari's rain strategy plans and erases all the team's points. Then they give -10 grid penalty for next race to Hamilton for not taking the pole on saturday's dry conditions but winning on sunday's wet. After that, they give another penalty to Heikki for singing in the rain while racing alone in second place.
Quote from STROBE :This has nothing specifically to do with this year's German GP, but everytime I look at that circuit map, I cringe and think back to the early '90s GPs with Prost, Senna, Mansell etc thundering through the forest with sparks flying from the undertray.

Bloody Tilke.

I think everyone feels exactly the same way, some of my earliest memories of F1 are from this track in the early 90s, Tilke should be arrested for crimes against entertainment.
Some of the dullest races i've ever watched where on the old Hockenheim.
Tilke didn't decide to get rid of the forest sections, the circuit owners did. He was given the current circuit boundaries and was told to design a few corners to fit inside. The owners thought that building new corners and shortening the track would improve the action and increase attendance.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I would laugh if McLaren win this year's championship purely because of how many races it rained at. That would be one up the arse for the FIA.

they'd probably use it as an excuse to move all the races to the middle east

EDIT: just had a thought is that what jertje meant when he said " Heikki takes the Pole " ? and would kubica be happy about it ?
is it me or does it seem to be rain at nearly every race now?
Bernie's Weather Control System V2 is finally working...

Soon all racing will be outlawed in the dry. Except ovals, because they're too pussy to race in the wet.
Somebody heard our prayers when we noticed that F1 is interesting on wet only.
I wonder if Max is going to appear at the pits?
Quote from tinvek :EDIT: just had a thought is that what jertje meant when he said " Heikki takes the Pole " ? and would kubica be happy about it ?

:P Hmmmm
Dry - Raikkonen wins, Hamilton comes second, Massa screws up as per usual.
Wet - Hamilton followed by Kubica and then Kovy or Heidfeld.

[F1 2008] German Grand Prix Discussion *SPOILERS*
(306 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG