The online racing simulator
ban has now been lifted for some reason. don't tell anyone this UFBR server is da nuts.Had a few close shaves though! lol
Quote from Intrepid :OK Hamilton won the race you didn't, end of story! You can be a Mr Charity racer if you want but that will get you no further than your armchair.

which has what exactly to do with f1 drivers overtaking like 10 year olds?
and what makes you think that i dont enjoy sitting in my armchair?

Quote from Intrepid :You can stay there if you want but your gonna get squeezed by any race racer and 9 times out of ten end up in the grass.

if you actually firmly hold your line hes only going to crash into you which will surely teach him a lesson about not squeezing an open wheeler driver that isnt a pushover

Quote :That's the way it is... if it's too hot in the kitchen and all that....

funny how you tried to turn this agument completely upside down
if you cant overtake someone unless he just grants you the position as soon as youve barely managed to get on his inside youre completely out of place on a track
Quote from Shotglass :if you actually firmly hold your line hes only going to crash into you which will surely teach him a lesson about not squeezing an open wheeler driver that isnt a pushover

TBH Intrepid is right, You are perfectly within your own rights to leave no space on exit of a corner. It's how it is in cars, karts and bikes. Especially with the overlap Hamilton had then. Obviously if your completly side by side it's stupid but the pass was done tbh, that was just insurance.

Quote :
funny how you tried to turn this agument completely upside down
if you cant overtake someone unless he just grants you the position as soon as youve barely managed to get on his inside youre completely out of place on a track

So Massa's lack of defending skills means hamilton is a crap driver..? TBH we all know Hamilton is a great overtaker, end of, he has proved it countless times. He does what shumi did in his final F1 race at every when circuit he has to.
Quote from BenjiMC :Obviously if your completly side by side it's stupid

which he was

Quote :So Massa's lack of defending skills means hamilton is a crap driver..?

stop putting words in my mouths your just making yourself look like a complete tit that way

Quote :TBH we all know Hamilton is a great overtaker, end of, he has proved it countless times.

he relies heavily on others just letting him past without putting up a fight... remember brazil last year?
Attached images
grab175412.jpg
grab175427.jpg
Pictures do not take into account momentum of the cars and are FAR from conclusive as this proves http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LxfX9hwqEn4. The only reason Massa put his car in that position was because he knew their was run-off. If there wasn't he would have conceded far earlier.

Shotglass I suggest you invest some money into going racing for real and try those tactics. See how far it gets ya! But I guess you won't and will continue to make armchair judgements without any ACTUAL experience!

Not one person in the F1 world had a problem with that NOT 1 http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N13gFowP0u4 Massa knows the score
Quote from Intrepid :Pictures do not take into account momentum of the cars and are FAR from conclusive.

successive puctures do... and from these you can clearly see that massa was quicker at that point

Quote :But I guess you won't and will continue to make armchair judgements without any ACTUAL experience!

lets see your vast fomula experience then
Quote from Shotglass :successive puctures do... and from these you can clearly see that massa was quicker at that point

lets see your vast fomula experience then

Do you want me to seriously name all the F1 drivers/WDCs and successful car drivers I have raced in my time? And they beat me because i had YOUR attitude. I learned too late you can't drive like that because it's not racing... it's foolish. In fact I will stop now because this is arguement pointless...

Go race for real and come back to me in 6 months see if you have the same attitude
Quote from Shotglass :
stop putting words in my mouths your just making yourself look like a complete tit that way

wat were u saying then?
Quote :
he relies heavily on others just letting him past without putting up a fight... remember brazil last year?

again, thats his fault???
Quote :It appears as if the MP4-23’s steering wheel is a little different from its rivals with four paddle levels instead of the regular two. Two being to change gears and the two additional levers used to adjust engine torque to suit the gear selected, helping to minimize wheel spin in slow corners but retaining speed for the fast ones. The rules indicate that drivers can not select gears and torque settings in one move, so the extra two levers must be used for the car to remain legal.

http://f1.automoto365.com/news ... ewsForm&news_id=32239

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/spo ... ing-clear-of-trouble.html

:rolleyes:

-
Quote from Intrepid :Shotglass I suggest you invest some money into going racing for real and try those tactics. See how far it gets ya! But I guess you won't and will continue to make armchair judgements without any ACTUAL experience!

You seem to be making the forum career out of being an armchair expert, not Shotglass. Just as a quick reminder: Shotglass has never claimed to be a face in motorsport, whereas you like to position yourself as the uber-pundit based on a few entirely unsuccessful seasons in karts. As far as I can fathom, that puts you (or rather, your family) a few tens of thousands of pounds down on Shotglass for pretty much the same degree of success.

You, routinely, lasvisciously savour every exploit of Lewis Hamilton's career, only to portray yourself as a vicarious racer who sees some parallel between himself and the rest of the F1 grid. Whereas in fact you are a failed kart racer and about as far removed from the drivers lined up on the grid at Hockenheim as the rest of us. Although of course - in fairness - there are unproven drivers in LFS, whereas you have already proven yourself unsuitable.

And you just can't stand that idea.
Quote from thisnameistaken :You seem to be making the forum career out of being an armchair expert, not Shotglass. Just as a quick reminder: Shotglass has never claimed to be a face in motorsport, whereas you like to position yourself as the uber-pundit based on a few entirely unsuccessful seasons in karts. As far as I can fathom, that puts you (or rather, your family) a few tens of thousands of pounds down on Shotglass for pretty much the same degree of success.

You, routinely, lasvisciously savour every exploit of Lewis Hamilton's career, only to portray yourself as a vicarious racer who sees some parallel between himself and the rest of the F1 grid. Whereas in fact you are a failed kart racer and about as far removed from the drivers lined up on the grid at Hockenheim as the rest of us. Although of course - in fairness - there are unproven drivers in LFS, whereas you have already proven yourself unsuitable.

And you just can't stand that idea.

hehe.... only if you knew the reality... IF ONLY MY EGO WAS BIG ENOUGH TO TELL YOU (and it very nearly is)!
Quote from Intrepid :hehe.... only if you knew the reality... IF ONLY MY EGO WAS BIG ENOUGH TO TELL YOU (and it very nearly is)!

Whatever.

Becky makes a big hoo-ha about having raced Button. Frankly I don't believe a word of it but it's one of her favourite fantasies amongst so many others that sound like utter bollocks to me that I just leave her to it, because trying to determine fantasy from reality probably isn't something that even she can do any more.

I've no idea what you've dreamed up but again - if that's what floats your boat - I'm willing to leave you to it. But everybody has limits where their credibility has to be in some way validated if they insist on repeatedly making outlandish claims on the internet, so here's your chance:

What the **** are you talking about?
Quote from Intrepid :Do you want me to seriously name all the F1 drivers/WDCs and successful car drivers I have raced in my time?

i asked for your fomula experience not your wealth of experience in getting your ass handed to you by 10 year olds who later turned out to be quite fast in real cars

Quote from BenjiMC :again, thats his fault???

yes relying on others jumping out of the way not to crash is very much his fault... but more so the others and i have yet to see him try a move such as the ones mentioned on someone like alonso and i doubt he would ever dare to knowing that alonso will actually try to defend his position
I agree one pass in brazil that i can remember on barichello i think was good driving on rubens part. But the pass made on all the drivers in germany were imo fair. He blocked on corner exit, much different to corner entry in terms of what the driver can do with the car and also in terms of what a pass is. As i said before, the pass was done by the apex of the hairpin. the rest was just insurance.
@shotglass : It's not his fault they keep moving out of the way and chickenin out...
Quote from Intrepid :hehe.... only if you knew the reality... IF ONLY MY EGO WAS BIG ENOUGH TO TELL YOU (and it very nearly is)!

If i were a betting man i'd say it probably is big enough. We're all ears, do tell.

Quote from thisnameistaken :You, routinely, lasvisciously savour every exploit of Lewis Hamilton's career.

Did you just make that word up ? if so, i like it. No idea what it's supposed to mean, but it does roll off the tongue nicely.

live edit..ahhh you mean the adverb of lascivious, <insert little vomitting smilie that i can't find in the thing>

[edit] Bollocks, far to slow again, was searching the net trying to find out how to spell ewwww, as in 'ewww that's disgusting' (i really suck at this interent foruming stuff, i really should quit it.)
Quote from BenjiMC :So Massa's lack of defending skills means hamilton is a crap driver..? TBH we all know Hamilton is a great overtaker, end of, he has proved it countless times. He does what shumi did in his final F1 race at every when circuit he has to.

well except Bahrain (where he ran into alonso)....and france.
Quote from Intrepid :IF ONLY MY EGO WAS BIG ENOUGH TO TELL YOU

Your ego is so big it has buddhist satellites around it - so out with it, spew the last bit of crap you got left so we can fold you up and store you until next year.
Quote from xaotik :Your ego is so big it has buddhist satellites around it - so out with it, spew the last bit of crap you got left so we can fold you up and store you until next year.

Quote from JJ72 :well except Bahrain (where he ran into alonso)....and france.

Don't forget Malaysia.
People love to be right about how someone at the top is actually not very good at what they're supposed to be good at.
Hamilton not very good at overtaking, hah. He's not without his vulnerabilities, mistakes by team and driver under pressure for one, but come on. Shotglass, I find it hard to accept your point of view on Hamilton's overtaking, when your point of view on overtaking would probably have seen every single driver in the grid reprimanded by the stewards at least three times last season.
I don't see the problem either.

Sure, the passes were on the edge, but instead of not even trying it and getting stuck behind he went through the grid like a hot knife through butter. Of course those maneuvers won't always work (he will only try that once with DC), but for being successfull you have to be an ass on track sometimes, instead of pulling over like Massa which, even with maybe "bad brakes and tires" who didn't even try to block him there...
What the hell was he thinking? Of course Hamilton would try, as would any other driver (with the will to win). And his car can't be that bad or did anyone see that he had trouble keeping Heidfeld behind?

It's not like Schuhmacher (or Senna, or Prost, or whoever) never tried thoses passes. Hell, just look at the last MotoGP Race in Laguna Seca...
This forum reminds me of being at school.
Quote from Mazz4200 : Did you just make that word up ?

No, but I did spell it wrong. But I'm pleased with how close I got considering how drunk I was, and that I was typing in the dark...
Based on your posts last night, I think you should get drunk more often.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG