The online racing simulator
DLed it without any problems.

Also Scawen, is there anyway you could add something to the demo user's name so we could tell if they are demo user or S2 user? Because im in a demo server now my friend started and everyone that comes in we ask if they are a demo user or not...
question: What happens if you have a S1 licence, and are on a server running S1 content, then that server switches to an S2 track/S2 cars?
Quote from scoobyrbac :Also Scawen, is there anyway you could add something to the demo user's name so we could tell if they are demo user or S2 user? Because im in a demo server now my friend started and everyone that comes in we ask if they are a demo user or not...

Quote from Scawen :Well... not really. You could use the car filters. There are much fewer demo compatible hosts anyway so they won't make your host list take much longer.

The idea is to unite the community, not divide it, so it's better not to have filters and labels. I know it's a different way of thinking...

include the uf1 in your car list and the server then becomes incompatable to demo users?
Quote from scoobyrbac :Also Scawen, is there anyway you could add something to the demo user's name so we could tell if they are demo user or S2 user? Because im in a demo server now my friend started and everyone that comes in we ask if they are a demo user or not...

I think that misses the point of what he is trying to do. You don't really need to know who is who, the demoers will only be in the demo content servers.
maybe it's my crappy internet (512kb :shy

i will try in some other time when it's less traffic flowing...

Quote from will3333 :[drifter]johhny is that u

if you're asking me that, no, i'm not. my racing username is JonnyPT
Really nice update!
Think some people like fe. Phlos will happily spend hours each week making new accounts just to be able to grief some S1/S2 licensed players, not to mention griefer communities like TKC or *mylord*.

Another slight problem could be demo racers who have no idea of certain rules coming to CTRA or other servers and ruining races..this will be quickly solved by the hosts though by simply putting one cone somewhere. (pitexit,grass,sandtrap,etc)

Overall I think it is a very good change, I just hope there aren't enough immature people to spoil it for the demo crowd.
And i'm almost convinced it will reduce the amount of people acting like fools on demo content, which is great.

Good job and keep thinking outside the box!

edit : ok i was wrong..Don' tknow why i missed the 15users part as obviously CTRa allows more, but that only makes this a better change than i already thought it was.
Quote from Noccy :Think some people like fe. Phlos will happily spend hours each week making new accounts just to be able to grief some S1/S2 licensed players, not to mention griefer communities like TKC or *mylord*.

Another slight problem could be demo racers who have no idea of certain rules coming to CTRA or other servers and ruining races..this will be quickly solved by the hosts though by simply putting one cone somewhere. (pitexit,grass,sandtrap,etc)

Overall I think it is a very good change, I just hope there aren't enough immature people to spoil it for the demo crowd.
And i'm almost convinced it will reduce the amount of people acting like fools on demo content, which is great.

Good job and keep it up!

Remember that demo users will only be able to join demo content compatible servers, so if you run an S2 server at Blackwood and with the XFG/XRG/FBM with full users allowed demo people won’t be able to join. It would have to be setup as a demo server for demoers to join.
#35 - Jakg
CTRA Race 1 server run in S1 mode to give the S1 users something to race on. I'd imagine that they will still run in line with letting S1 users race, which would have more cars than the Demo could handle.
Quote from Noccy :Think some people like fe. Phlos will happily spend hours each week making new accounts just to be able to grief some S1/S2 licensed players, not to mention griefer communities like TKC or *mylord*.

They won't be able to join

Quote from Scawen in Hosts forum :Any of these will prevent demo racers from joining your host :

- Allowing non-demo cars
- Allowing more than 12 cars in race
- Allowing more than 15 guests

- Selecting any track other than Blackwood
- Loadng a layout

I'm sure pretty much all of the S2 servers allow more connections/cars than that.
Let me get this straight... Can demoers now go on Licensed servers that are set to Demo combos?

I'm cofuzzled
Quote from Noccy :

No problem about that. I don't know the rules, but willing to learn them.
Quote from JO53PHS :Let me get this straight... Can demoers now go on Licensed servers that are set to Demo combos?

I'm cofuzzled

Yes. (The server would need to match demo restrictions)
... If the server doesn't allow more than 12 cars / 15 connections / doesn't have a layout.
I'm kinda starting to imagine an Anti demoer movement, where everyone places a cone in their server to stop demoers coming in
Quote from JO53PHS :I'm kinda starting to imagine an Anti demoer movement, where everyone places a cone in their server to stop demoers coming in

I don't think so, there would be no need as a server setup for S2 would mean demo users wouldn't be able to join.

It would be need to be set up as a demo server (number of cars, track, etc) in the first place for demo users and S2 users to mix.
How does the skins thingie work? I figure that if I create a server (XFG @ BL1, 15 users) and a demo comes in, he/she will be able to download the skin I'm using?
Quote from JO53PHS :I'm kinda starting to imagine an Anti demoer movement, where everyone places a cone in their server to stop demoers coming in

You should stop thinking that everyone using the demo is a career demo user.

It gives a much better impression of the game to someone genuinely trying it out with a purchase in mind. They'll see the auto skin downloading in action when S1/2 licensed racers join, and with a bit more accountability for demo users, the quality of racing should be improved.

I have read on a few other forums that when people try the demo, they see LFS as a wreckfest. Hopefully this is a thing of the past.
Quote from Blas89 :How does the skins thingie work? I figure that if I create a server (XFG @ BL1, 15 users) and a demo comes in, he/she will be able to download the skin I'm using?

Quote from Victor :demo accounts cannot upload skins to lfsworld - they can only download them from ingame. Low as well as High Resolution (HR only after a payment as usual). Since they can meet licensed racers now, there is actually something to download.

-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe : No longer required, as I was too slow
Quote from Bean0 :You should stop thinking that everyone in the demo is a career demo user.

It gives a much better impression of the game to someone genuinely trying it out with a purchase in mind. They'll see the auto skin downloading in action when S1/2 licensed racers join, and with a bit more accountability for demo users, the quality of racing should be improved.

errr...what do you call someone with the purchase in mind, but not the money in pocket?
Quote from jonny__27 :errr...what do you call someone with the purchase in mind, but not the money in pocket?

Poor.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes. But you won't download the skin he's using as it won't be on LFSW.

This brings a question though.

If a demo user is using a skin that is already on LFSW, do others autodowload it ?

Quote from jonny__27 :errr...what do you call someone with the purchase in mind, but not the money in pocket?

Saving up for S2 of course
Can't see why not.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y18 - Licensed Demo System
(324 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG