The online racing simulator
Quote from Imprez :So why wouldn´t they be able to join and play using the cars they ARE allowed to use?

Because that is not how the LFS demo works. Non-demo cars are locked to demo racers.. and being locked means that they are unavailable, period. Including using them AND watching someone else in a server using them.

The change that has been made aligns demo, S1 and S2 communities. It does not introduce new content to old licence structures. It's important to understand this.
i think it would be pretty neat, if a demo user could join a server with, say bf1 enabled, but cant use it him self only the demo cars.. yes i have seen what you have been saying earlier in this thread, but i think it would be nice :P

edit: typed bf2, but meant bf1 :P
Quote from Feffe85 :i think it would be pretty neat, if a demo user could join a server with, say bf1 enabled, but cant use it him self only the demo cars.. yes i have seen what you have been saying earlier in this thread, but i think it would be nice :P

I agree If for no other reason than the posing factor, cruizin past the XFG on the Blackwood long straight in an FXR
Quote from Feffe85 :edit: typed bf2, but meant bf1 :P

Artillery in your area!
#129 - xt
Quote from Scawen :Sorry about the previous posts (now deleted) we all misunderstood your post.
I know what the problem is. User names must be three letters long.
You registered very early before the three letter limit was set.

EDIT :

Can you register a new user name?
If you want I can change your old user's email to something else so you can register a new user name with the same email address.

Thanks for reply.
I can make new account, but this one is XT... hard to describe, just im XT everywhere

maybe there is a way to do exception?
Quote from SamH :Because that is not how the LFS demo works. Non-demo cars are locked to demo racers.. and being locked means that they are unavailable, period. Including using them AND watching someone else in a server using them.

The change that has been made aligns demo, S1 and S2 communities. It does not introduce new content to old licence structures. It's important to understand this.

Ok, I understand. I just think it would be a lot easier from a server admin point of view not having to change the allowed cars all the time.

IMHO it also seems a bit harsh not even allowing them to watch other people drive licensed cars.
Quote from xt :Thanks for reply.
I can make new account, but this one is XT... hard to describe, just im XT everywhere

maybe there is a way to do exception?

Why not _XT_ ? that would solve the problem
#132 - xt
Quote from Feffe85 :Why not _XT_ ? that would solve the problem

Maybe you are right. _XT_ for online racing, xt for forum. That will save Scawen's valuable time.
Quote from Imprez :IMHO it also seems a bit harsh not even allowing them to watch other people drive licensed cars.

Demo users have never been able to do that, not even watch full S2 replays, so nothing has changed.
what means MAX ALPHA OBS ?
letting demo'ers see licensed players car's would be like slowly eating sweet candies in front of kids and give them note. lol Maybe it would be a good idead i dunno. Make em thirsty of bhp, and then in a act of impulse, out of desperation, buy S2.
i was driving in SO then i went to main menu, locked my acc and become demo, then i tried to start playing in single player again, LFS has loaded SO track so i pressed go, then LFS said that i don't have a car, then i entered garage picked up xfg and then i left garage, guess what happened then? i were able to drive in SO with demo license
yes, but you need to do that a S2 license... but its still a bug
Registered demo users and joining the servers list is a good advance IMO
Thanks very much Scawen :bowdown:
When u join a server. then u leave server. and u go to singleplayer.
Then u have the same track and racelaps thing like on the server
What if a demo join s2 server then and then go to singleplayer.
Demo's could join server rigth?
And they get a messenge? This is a LiveForSpeedS2Host
You can't join a server in single player mode. Because it's... single player.
Quote from tristancliffe :You can't join a server in single player mode. Because it's... single player.

Sorry, forgot to put. Then u leave server.
Quote from aroX123 :When u join a server. then u leave server. and u go to singleplayer.
Then u have the same track and racelaps thing like on the server
What if a demo join s2 server then and then go to singleplayer.
Demo's could join server rigth?
And they get a messenge? This is a LiveForSpeedS2Host

Demo users can't join an S1 or S2 content enabled server.
Hi Scawen,

Thank you for the fantastic idea to regroup the communities (and making wrecking a bit harder).
No big issues so far (apart from my GFX card not being able to cope with AA...) and racing on demo-welcoming servers was great (although I doubt wreckers spend time reading the forums and discovering test patches).
I note a 5-10 FPS drop on BL1 using the same graphic settings as patch Y - No AA, AF 16x, nothing high res.
I've been playing with the MIP bias sliders - I don't think these affect FPS?

And thumbs up for hidind this revolution until Y18 - what a surprise!
Quote from alxf1 :Scawen, again, 'm not sure if you've seen my report

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=769232#post769232

Anyway, thanks ;-)

Quote from alxf1 :I think it's not Y16 related but

after watching a replay (this one: http://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=12257) at the end of the replay when LFS tried to close the replay and show the replays menu, I pushed the ESCape key... and it has "frozen", showing only the background of the main menu.... without any buttons... tried to close LFS but ALT+F4 didn't work... so I had to kill the process...

I've tried to reproduce this but don't seem to be able to.

Can you reproduce this every time? I need a reliable way to reproduce it or I won't be able to track it down.

ALso I'm a bit confused because normally when you run a SPR, the replay loops and does not return to the replay selection screen. But that is not the case if InSim is running - so maybe you have InSim running and that is why you expect to see the replay screen?

Anyway, with or without InSim, I'm pressing escape when the screen goes black for a second but I don't seem to get any issues.
strange, i cant join internet games in this patch. it says i cant recive quest info(?) . and i got a little question, can demoers upload skins on lfsworld now when demoers have this ''demo licence'' system?
Quote from batteryy :strange, i cant join internet games in this patch. it says i cant recive quest info(?) . and i got a little question, can demoers upload skins on lfsworld now when demoers have this ''demo licence'' system?

No, You cannot upload skins to LFSWorld, but if you are in a server and someone from S2 joins, You will download there skins. So basically, You can download, but not upload.
Quote from mcgas001 :No, You cannot upload skins to LFSWorld, but if you are in a server and someone from S2 joins, You will download there skins. So basically, You can download, but not upload.

ok...so, if my friend would upload my skin and i would use it, would others see my skin?
I doubt it, because that would let demo users get something they don't deserve. If you want licenced features you will have to pay for them like anyone else.

Cheapasses need not apply.
-
(geeman1) DELETED by geeman1 : i should go to the last page before posting
Great new feature This week I was thinking about this myself. I'll check it out right away.

My idea was... that in demo servers you could recognise s1/s2 racers by username in insim. Has that been changed too? That would be a great thing for insim development, because usernames are unique... and why keep s1/s2 racers "anonymous" in demo servers?

Well... I'm going to check the new patch... who knows you already did it
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y18 - Licensed Demo System
(324 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG