The online racing simulator
Its not just AS1, and its been since Y when the AI were reworked. AI's occasionally fight over pit boxes, will get mixed up and then exit the pitlane. Shortly afterwards they will stop as they "fall out" of the physics engine to reduce the cpu load, thus increasing frame rate for others.

Its known, im sure, and also (without reading 8 previous pages) not within the current Ywhatever focus)?
Why AI drivers have my (private-team) helmet skin?

The AI has big problems especially on the reversed tracks, they seem to take the path from the normal direction circuit, resulting in chaos.
Quote from nesrulz :Why AI drivers have my (private-team) helmet skin?

Because that applies to the car skins. AI have always used the player helmet, this patch hasn't done it, it's just that you've noticed it now.
Yes, but i use helmet with my name...
We need option for this, ok?

Or, AI use only default helmets from LFS...

Hi Scawen, you told that my name is in the credits. I still cannot find it there. Did I understand you well? Or is my name elsewhere?
Quote from Flame CZE :Hi Scawen, you told that my name is in the credits. I still cannot find it there. Did I understand you well? Or is my name elsewhere?

Patience, it will be probably in next (test) patch.
Quote from Scawen :They are kicked instantly, with a pop-up dialog informing them "Host is Live for Speed S2".

This message won't come up in all cases if they are connected to an old host, in that case the message sometimes just appears as the last message in the message log.

This can be ok for demo users, but why not allowing S1 users watching S2 races?
There would be an encryption problem there too?

Quote :
Quote :
Originally Posted by Flame CZE
Hi Scawen, you told that my name is in the credits. I still cannot find it there. Did I understand you well? Or is my name elsewhere?

Patience, it will be probably in next (test) patch.

Why should your name be there?
Quote from Flame CZE :Hi Scawen, you told that my name is in the credits. I still cannot find it there. Did I understand you well? Or is my name elsewhere?

Yes, it's in the Y18 credits. That is, if your name in your LFS user record is correct.

TIP : press SHIFT to make the credits move fast, then press CTRL to stop the credits when all the translators are on the screen. Then you don't have to read moving credits.

Quote from SpaceMarineITA :This can be ok for demo users, but why not allowing S1 users watching S2 races?
There would be an encryption problem there too?

Yes, S1 users do not have the decryption information for S2 content.

What you are suggesting is something different, for less licensed people to be able to see the content of more licensed people.

It's something different from what this patch does. If it will ever be done (probably not) it won't be done any time soon.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, it's in the Y18 credits. That is, if your name in your LFS user record is correct.

TIP : press SHIFT to make the credits move fast, then press CTRL to stop the credits when all the translators are on the screen. Then you don't have to read moving credits.

Thanks! The tip with stopping the text is good, i didnt know that before yes I already can see my name there
I guess Anti Aliasing works not for the small window in FBM, but AA and AF are nice features.
I didn't see if someone posted it already, but have there been reports or does anybody know the problem that in Y18 insim is much slower?

My insim app feels much slower in Y18 than in earlier patches. Especially when I send a lot of buttons at once, they appear like two / second so now and then (on local network!!).

If i try the same on an Y14 installation it runs just smoothly (same server, same config, same insim).

If you want i could make a test app to show the differences..

[Update 02-05] I tried several versions and earlier insim versions like Y14 and lower had this problem too (strange that my first tests showed a big difference though). I was running Windows 2003 server on my LFS server, but after installing Windows XP the lags are gone. I have no idea if this has to do with LFS, my app, the operating system... or maybe the .net version I installed, but the difference was huge! I'll keep it with XP until I find out what the reason was
I didn't try anything between Y and Y18, but I can't notice any different in my InSim apps' buttons between Y and Y18...maybe your PC is slower due to AA/AF??
Some of the walls in South City are still not detecting collisions when Hot lapping. Some walls detect minor scrapes, others don't detect even high speed collisions.

So far I've tried both SO sprint 1 and 2 and both reversed.

Cheers.
With Y18 sometimes i get pauses, of half a second, i didnt have them when Y. Everything normal, everything at low in graphics, as my pc is a little bit slow.
Quote from PaulH :Some of the walls in South City are still not detecting collisions when Hot lapping. Some walls detect minor scrapes, others don't detect even high speed collisions.

So far I've tried both SO sprint 1 and 2 and both reversed.

Cheers.

I agree. Some of the walls don't give invalid hotlaps anymore. The wall after the 1st corner on SO sprint 1 is a good example. In the past it gave me invalid hotlaps even if i scraped it. Now even if I hit it hard it still won't give me an invalid lap.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I agree. Some of the walls don't give invalid hotlaps anymore. The wall after the 1st corner on SO sprint 1 is a good example. In the past it gave me invalid hotlaps even if i scraped it. Now even if I hit it hard it still won't give me an invalid lap.

Could you post a hotlap replay example? This sounds completely wrong as it was Y which allowed wall hitting. These test patches include an extra wall type to make sure that hot laps are invalidated.

If you can provide full information, like which version does invalidate these laps and which version does not, that would be helpful. "In the past"... I don't really know which version you mean.
Quote from Scawen :Could you post a hotlap replay example? This sounds completely wrong as it was Y which allowed wall hitting. These test patches include an extra wall type to make sure that hot laps are invalidated.

If you can provide full information, like which version does invalidate these laps and which version does not, that would be helpful. "In the past"... I don't really know which version you mean.

Here's a replay of my WR (RAC/SO3). It's patch Y15 I think... I also have no clue about before patch Y as I started doing hotlaps after it.
Attached files
[GR]Evolution_SO3_RAC_04123.spr - 73.3 KB - 234 views
Hi there...

I'd like to point out that demo player with admin rights on s1/s2 host with demo compatibile setup has the ability to edit layout (for a short period at least, as he get's kicked off the server - as well as all demo players connected - after placing an object, and host falls to S1 mode) I guess that's unwanted feature (that layout editing I mean) :-)
That's actually a bit funny, the demo user being able to kick himself by being an admin, and then locking himself out too.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's actually a bit funny, the demo user being able to kick himself by being an admin, and then locking himself out too.

Just like it should (It is just like this on S2 servers). If he wants to unban himself, he should use ban-list editor.
Yeah, the problem with it is that it gives a demo user (an admin), in a S1/S2 server the ability to get to said layout editor, but as soon as he does any objects, he instantly gets booted as would any other demo drivers.
the main idea is good , but at moment the problem is that most demodiver not use the Y18 patch ore removed it ,
may of reason that not enaught racers , ore fear about final longtime Ban .
at moment i must say are the servers who contain demo settings are mostly empty
Quote from zsmy :the main idea is good , but at moment the problem is that most demodiver not use the Y18 patch ore removed it ,
may of reason that not enaught racers , ore fear about final longtime Ban .
at moment i must say are the servers who contain demo settings are mostly empty

Maybe now, but when this feature comes to the next "official" patch (Or whatever it is called. "Z"?), they have no choice if they would want to have other features as well.
At Z, all previous versions should be locked from connecting the master server. Everybody should be on the same patch...It's really just demo driftorz who are still using old patches because they want the XRT...which IMO is cheating and shouldn't be allowed
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y18 - Licensed Demo System
(324 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG