The online racing simulator
Quote from garph :Demo users have never been able to do that, not even watch full S2 replays, so nothing has changed.

You have a talent for stating the obvious, don´t you? I´m perfectly aware what is allowed and not allowed, thank you. Just stating something has always been a certain way is not a good reason why it can´t be changed. Give me a good reason instead.

I think it would be a nice touch to let them join servers with other cars enabled an watch others drive. I also think it would encourage them to upgrade to a full license when they see first hand what they are missing.
Quote from tristancliffe :I doubt it, because that would let demo users get something they don't deserve. If you want licenced features you will have to pay for them like anyone else.

Cheapasses need not apply.

k, i just tough what were difference to the older patch pecause this demo licence thing. i wouldnt upload skins like that, theres no need. if someone wants to see my skin he should download it
Quote from Imprez :You have a talent for stating the obvious, don´t you? I´m perfectly aware what is allowed and not allowed, thank you. Just stating something has always been a certain way is not a good reason why it can´t be changed. Give me a good reason instead.

I think it would be a nice touch to let them join servers with other cars enabled an watch others drive. I also think it would encourage them to upgrade to a full license when they see first hand what they are missing.

Good reason 1. Because Scawen has said so.

Good reason 2. Because allowing demo users to occasionally decrypt licenced material would make cracking easier.

Good reason 3. Because now S2 users and demo users will mix, which will hopefully improve the racing.

Good reason 4. Banning by username isn't as easily got around as banning by IP, as it takes a lot longer to register a new email address, sign up to LFS again, and get back online. This will make wrecking on demo servers less popular, which will help LFSs demo image.
Quote from Scawen :I've tried to reproduce this but don't seem to be able to.

Can you reproduce this every time? I need a reliable way to reproduce it or I won't be able to track it down.

ALso I'm a bit confused because normally when you run a SPR, the replay loops and does not return to the replay selection screen. But that is not the case if InSim is running - so maybe you have InSim running and that is why you expect to see the replay screen?

Anyway, with or without InSim, I'm pressing escape when the screen goes black for a second but I don't seem to get any issues.

Hi,
It's easily reproducible (every time) - with InSim. Without InSim I can't do it.
Before I start - game is patch Y18 (no mods of any kind).

As soon game loads, open insim port - /insim xxxxx (I think any will do). I didn't connect anything to it, just opened a port. Then, load hotlap replay (don't know if mpr will crash it). Now, at any point during the replay press ESC once (just so that the menu appears) and wait for it to finish. That should make game freeze just like alxf1 explained.

Thats it. If you need more info like mine specific in-game options (e.g. - I set "Load track when starting: [no]"), ask it
Cya around :P
Quote from Mischa NED :Great new feature This week I was thinking about this myself. I'll check it out right away.

My idea was... that in demo servers you could recognise s1/s2 racers by username in insim. Has that been changed too? That would be a great thing for insim development, because usernames are unique... and why keep s1/s2 racers "anonymous" in demo servers?

Well... I'm going to check the new patch... who knows you already did it

Oh my... you did it Well.. then I don't have to request this feature anyway perfect timing
Any clues as to when the new patch will be out?

Test patches scare me, you wouln't believe the things I can break doing just the simplest changes :slap:

Could do with the more friendly FPS adjustment rapidly tho.....
Quote from batteryy :can demoers upload skins on lfsworld now when demoers have this ''demo licence'' system?

No.
great addition its good to see the improvement suggestions made by players are implemented if you wait some time

Removing the S1/S2 separation thread (not a complete implementation of the idea, but i would guess it was an inspiration )
-
([GR]Evolution) DELETED by [GR]Evolution
I dont know if this has happened before Y18 but when I set my skin to basic skin in LFS (LFSWorld skin, 45 LFS skin etc. on XFG) and I go online, it says that this skin is not found on lfsworld.net.

Please tell me if it is alright.
Quote from Nilex :Hi,
It's easily reproducible (every time) - with InSim. Without InSim I can't do it.
Before I start - game is patch Y18 (no mods of any kind).

As soon game loads, open insim port - /insim xxxxx (I think any will do). I didn't connect anything to it, just opened a port. Then, load hotlap replay (don't know if mpr will crash it). Now, at any point during the replay press ESC once (just so that the menu appears) and wait for it to finish. That should make game freeze just like alxf1 explained.

Thats it. If you need more info like mine specific in-game options (e.g. - I set "Load track when starting: [no]"), ask it
Cya around :P

Thank you, I get that first time as well.

I hope alxf1 was also using InSim because then this is only one bug!

Quote from Flame CZE :I dont know if this has happened before Y18 but when I set my skin to basic skin in LFS (LFSWorld skin, 45 LFS skin etc. on XFG) and I go online, it says that this skin is not found on lfsworld.net.

Please tell me if it is alright.

All the default skins should be on LFS World and we have never heard that they are not.

My guess is you have another skin and you are mistaking it for a default skin... we can check if you tell us the exact skin name.
Quote from Scawen :
My guess is you have another skin and you are mistaking it for a default skin... we can check if you tell us the exact skin name.

its name is XFG_LFSWD
That is not a default skin.

The default (supplied) XFG skins are :

4P_lfs
LFSNL
LFSSE
LFSW
PL
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad : beaten
Umh, i missed something
Great patch!
If i got it right, then idea about Demo racers are possible to join in s2 servers with demo stuff isn't very good.
Rich you got it all wrong. Demo racers can only join if the server meats the requirements for demo. These are the requirements:

1. Track: must be blackwood
2. Track: cannot be reversed
3. Host: max guest must be 15 guest or below
4. Cars: must be XFG, XRG, FBM

If any one of these requirements are not met, then demo racers will not see the host on the list of hosts.

Please correct me if I am wrong, or have missed any.
+ Track: No AutoX layout
Thank you, I knew I was forgetting something.
Well, another tought about this change in demo system.
When racing demo, they are crashers and everything of that kind of sh1t.
But when you try to ban them, they ban you first. I think this is going to be the same with new demo license, they will ban you first, even when they are the hosts. Only in some respected server wont occur.
Quote from chanoman315 :I think this is going to be the same with new demo license, they will ban you first, even when they are the hosts. Only in some respected server wont occur.

Trust me, you will be better off if they ban you. You don't wanna race against crashers anyway, so what's the problem?
i had better graphics on Y. :s
Quote from chanoman315 :Well, another tought about this change in demo system.
But when you try to ban them, they ban you first. I think this is going to be the same with new demo license, they will ban you first, even when they are the hosts. Only in some respected server wont occur.

Votebans last 24 hours, but the admin banning them after you contacted him can set it for quite some more time...
Demo's get more servers.
Quote from aroX123 :Demo's get more servers.

Why does this make you sad?

And I don't think there are that many S1/S2 servers that run XFG/XRG/FBM at BL1/BL2 let alone with only 15 driver slots.
i think everybody is looking at this new patch in the opposite way that it should be. no offense, but i think scawen accidentally detailed it backwards.

there are actually no real changes to S1/2 hosts. the change is demo servers now allow S1/2 users to connect with their usernames, and continue to log miles, laps, PB's, etc, etc. that's all. and the obvious changes of demo users have to register usernames too.
Quote from Scawen :It's an option at first but I guess we will disable old demo online usage at some point. We'll see how much the old demo usage fades away when Patch Z is released.

I say leave it up for a while. The whole point in the wreckers is, they get their fun by crashing out those who are legitimately trying to race. When all the demo racers are on the new system, all that will be left are the wreckers and they won't have their fun of ruining it for anyone since there won't be anything for them to ruin

A great step forward with this. A great step with the S1/S2 host stuff as well as essentially the elimination of the wreckers on demo.

A comment on this thought....

Quote :Well, another tought about this change in demo system.

I don't know how it turns out to be, but it would be good that demo users were not able to vote ban/kick a licensed user. As for the exact worded context of the above quote, the wreckers are far outnumbered by the legit racers on demo servers. If someone is wrecking, I would hope that the rest of the crowd on the server is smart enough to know which one to vote ban/kick. If not, then just another reason to become licensed.
Quote from legoflamb :Rich you got it all wrong. Demo racers can only join if the server meats the requirements for demo. These are the requirements:

1. Track: must be blackwood
2. Track: cannot be reversed
3. Host: max guest must be 15 guest or below
4. Cars: must be XFG, XRG, FBM

If any one of these requirements are not met, then demo racers will not see the host on the list of hosts.

Please correct me if I am wrong, or have missed any.

Oh, thanks for explaining, then that's ok, i was a bit scaried about demo crashers in s2 servers
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y18 - Licensed Demo System
(324 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG