The online racing simulator
I got that problem 2. Thats why I mostly cruise, then the people are everywhere on track and then I have more FPS. (only an average of 25 FPS but sometimes i got 40 FPS) (This is a friend that haves a S2 account reacting via a friends forum account)
And the person is me, sorry for weird posting between 2 forum accounts but something went wrong here.
Don't keep the tests to LFS only.
try cpu benchmarks, ram benchmarks, graphics benchmarks.

Without loosing much time, using the current windows configuration, try:
superpi
everest
3dmark (try 2001 version, its dx8)
Compare the results online to see if you are close. Try to compare to the same cpu/graphics model running at the same MHZ (most of those guys are overclocked).
Write those results down on paper. They are your new standards to compare when you do the following:

Remove hardware from the system, or disable it on the motherboard Bios. Disable sound, run the benchmarks. Disable USB ports, run the benchmarks. Remove every peripheral except keyboard/mouse, run the benchmarks.

If this fails, format and try winxp with different directx (don't update to the last dx9).

These are basic diagnostic procedures you should do.
Use hiren boot cd, to ghost your c: so you don't loose time installing everything again.
Advanced diagnostic stuff.

Go into Bios, apply overclock, or reduze the default speed. Check for changes on the benchmarks and lfs.
Disable throtling on bios. If its software bottleneck, you wont notice a thing when applying or reducing speed.

Forgot to say something important. Sometimes when a computer fails to boot properly, he resets to the lowest speed possible and stays that way until you into BIOS and set the speed right. Some motherboards don't even tell you that it happened. The cpu is still recognized by its model number and you read "p4 3200mhz" but in reality he drops to 1600mhz or something.
USe cpu-z in windows to check the true speed (and please, disable throttling)
Check for AGP speed. Must be 8x (although in my tests the difference between 8x and 2x is almost nothing).
Quote from spyshagg :Don't keep the tests to LFS only.
try cpu benchmarks, ram benchmarks, graphics benchmarks.

But the problem IS with LFS

X works fine, Y doesn't, ALL other games continue to work without any problems at all... that points at an LFS fault rather than a Windows/hardware fault.

EDIT: I've tried turning hyper-threading on/off and that has no effect either.
Quote from mr_x :But the problem IS with LFS

X works fine, Y doesn't, ALL other games continue to work without any problems at all... that points at an LFS fault rather than a Windows/hardware fault.

EDIT: I've tried turning hyper-threading on/off and that has no effect either.

LFS and Crysis .

Tests run flawless, 3dmark shows a nice score of 11118 3DMarks, and Orthos runnig for hours (half a day) until I stopped it, with no troubles.

LFS itself goes beyond 200FPS in many situations, but it has drops, and that is the problem.
Ai
Hi i no all the hard work the devs have put into improving AI cars but there is still some issue's, They still have no clue what is around them so close racing is imposible with them, Plus ive used the pit option and ive pitted and the AI cars come into the pits as well and they just push you out the way, all so when they burn there clutch out they just sit on the racing line!

I hope these issues are nown by the devs and hope they can be sorted.

regards jj
Quote from jjones :Hi i no all the hard work the devs have put into improving AI cars but there is still some issue's, They still have no clue what is around them so close racing is imposible with them, Plus ive used the pit option and ive pitted and the AI cars come into the pits as well and they just push you out the way, all so when they burn there clutch out they just sit on the racing line!

I hope these issues are nown by the devs and hope they can be sorted.

regards jj

When someone invents an AI that is as talented as human and doesn't make errors, humankind gets obsolete.
Quote from Gekkibi :When someone invents an AI that is as talented as human and doesn't make errors, humankind gets obsolete.

Yes true
go online
Quote from nBio :go online

I would love to go online, but have no connection at the mo, So im stuck with the AI demolition derby cars, they dont crash and they are fast but they are deemed to be wreckers.

regards jj
if you have no connection how did you write this
Quote from jwardy :if you have no connection how did you write this

There are solutions to see forums other then a PC, not too many to play online
It is so sad....

Not even a single BL FOX race this evening, even Redline Racing was totally empty.:weeping:

I remember pre-patch times when there were BL FOX races 24/7 on Redline Racing or Rhain-Main-Racers before redline.

To sad that the most famous car-track combination has been smacked down to zero... :biggun:
FOX is still raced quite often on FRT I think...
Quote from Gil07 :FOX is still raced quite often on FRT I think...

yeah but they pick the tracks that were not desgined for OW like FOX... i mean they are usually too long
Quote from Lhunathwen :It is so sad....

Not even a single BL FOX race this evening, even Redline Racing was totally empty.:weeping:

I remember pre-patch times when there were BL FOX races 24/7 on Redline Racing or Rhain-Main-Racers before redline.

To sad that the most famous car-track combination has been smacked down to zero...

i feel ya pain m8 same here
#543 - Dac
if those AI drivers knew how to drive id eat my hat! they are a bunch of wreckers that cant do a decent lap.
Quote from Dac :if those AI drivers knew how to drive id eat my hat! they are a bunch of wreckers that cant do a decent lap.

Hasn't been a difference to players on the last servers with ... "serious" races.
Pushing the heck from someone faster passing away seemed to have become quite often used.

Well, actually a friend of mine and I no more say we're gonna "race" on LFS, we just say we go in LFS to "cruise", the rest doesn't really exist/ make sense atm.... =/

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG