The online racing simulator
Rendering now - inspired me to improve my FZR scene a bit (so from crap to a little less crap).

Edit: Have also changed a few vray settings, so my render times are unknown. More than 15 minutes, but hopefully less than 2 hours. More I cannot say.
thats cool i look forward to seeing it
3hrs and 13 minutes later you get this (see attached). It would appear I upped the settings too much by accident, for very little improvement in the render.

Hope you like it!
Attached images
gish_fzr.png
i do thats awesome cheers dude
I hope you'll like it Harry
Quote from tristancliffe :3hrs and 13 minutes later you get this (see attached). It would appear I upped the settings too much by accident, for very little improvement in the render.

Hope you like it!

id say you should use brazil.. its much faster for object rendering..
VRay is more advanced and its all about global illumination in different techniques, ambience paremeters, environment settings and stuff used in Architectural Visualisations, etc.
Render my skin please?
Attached images
XRT_CRX copy.jpg
I tried brazil and didn't get on with it. Great for rendering with Ian's public scenes, but I wanted to learn from scratch, so I have. I like vray, and I'm only scraping the surface of what it can do.

Currently rendering mengy's skin (if you can call a black line and a honda logo a skin), and it won't take 3 hours because I haven't fiddled with settings I don't understand this time

Here it is. Looks a bit naff to be honest, partly the skins fault and partly mine.

And am on the next FZR already.
Attached images
XRT_CRX copy.png
What about this
Attached images
Spinnenbein.png
Quote from tristancliffe :What about this

n1

it´s possible to render with crome rims
so, are you using fixed rate subdivisions or adaptive?
id recommend you to use fixed at 8-10 or even less.. maybe 7. You can get descent results in "no time"
yep, i know, VRay rules, i use it for all my Architecture projects, but it aint worth the wait for LFS renders :P
I've tried chrome wheels, and I don't think they look that good. For chrome to work you need a life life scene or HDR lighting, neither of which I can be bothered to add to this scene. I'll show you a few previews of chrome wheels (I assume you wanted the whole wheel and not just the rim), but none are that good.

Ramtech - I 've been using adaptive at -1 to 2 (are those the important numbers? :S). Trying fixed at 10 for the third preview. Edit. Tried 10, and it was taking ages so reverted back to adaptive. Maybe I'm doing something else 'wrong'. This mornings FZR render took about 25 minutes at 1280*1024, which I think is okay.
Attached images
preview1.jpg
preview2.jpg
preview3.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :I've tried chrome wheels, and I don't think they look that good. For chrome to work you need a life life scene or HDR lighting, neither of which I can be bothered to add to this scene. I'll show you a few previews of chrome wheels (I assume you wanted the whole wheel and not just the rim), but none are that good.

Ramtech - I 've been using adaptive at -1 to 2 (are those the important numbers? :S). Trying fixed at 10 for the third preview. Edit. Tried 10, and it was taking ages so reverted back to adaptive. Maybe I'm doing something else 'wrong'. This mornings FZR render took about 25 minutes at 1280*1024, which I think is okay.

n1

make it please in 1280
Quote from Priitmek :Don't know if you like the scene, but here's my render of the skin:
http://admin.korsten.ee/FZR_HFD_2006.jpg

Can you please tell me the author of the skin so I could put this render in my gallery?

priitmek, you should add more primary and secondary bounces in your scene, its too dark

and tristan, msn me: ram@ayianapa.com
It's meant to be dark!
Quote from Spurs :I hope you'll like it Harry

No spurs... I LOVE IT! Many thanx again!!! Your the man!
Quote from Spinnenbein :n1

make it please in 1280

Which one? I can do either of the three angles as they are separate cameras
Quote from tristancliffe :Which one? I can do either of the three angles as they are separate cameras

Preview1
hey can someone render this skin please
Attached images
XRT_Yashio.jpg
Tweaked the chrome a bit more, but I still don't like it myself...
Attached images
FZRAbove.png

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG